Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
So I just completed 2nd stay and promo says complete. How long before the next promo is unlocked? Is it right away or wait a day?
My second stay was last Thursday, it posted on Saturday. I got the email with the updated promo on Monday.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I'm not surprise your colleague have gotten this "huge" offer (relative to the lame offers for others). Corporations are known to treat new comers with better offers and long-time loyal customers like dip-dung. Somehow they think they got us, as if we have no choice but kowtow to them and continue to spend 100+ nights annually on their properties alone, as if we are being held hostage.

I'm waiting for my offer. Let's see, I'm a 14-year loyal SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, currently sitting at over 100+ nights, never stayed less than 85-90 nights for 10 consecutive years. I'll guess my offer will be "Congratulations: stay 10 more times and get 1,000 points" kind of lame crap.
unfortunately this is a shame. Not only for Marriott but also for a lot of other reward programs. As you said: Corporations are known to treat new comers with better offers and long-time loyal customers like dip-dung

there is a generic loyalty reward program in Italy (and not only, also in other European countries) called PAYBACK. if you are a “seriuos” and loyal customer with just 1 card, you can die before to get some serious points.

if you are a “non serious” customer with 200 cards...you can earn tons of points.

sometimes these kind of companies get what they deserve ...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:50 pm

I completed my second 'Unlock' 7 days ago so suspect there is no 'Third' one. That would put me at a whopping 17,000 points for 8 stays...Not even enough for a single night at most Fairfield Inn's
So....First straw was how horrible the transition was from SPG to Bonvoy. I spent 6 months in reservation hell with missing stays, reservations dropping, etc. Second straw for me was that I will have 187 nights this year but only 18.5K of spend(Gov. Rate bookings) so lost my Ambassador status. This promo put me over the edge.

While others state they have had enough yet keep staying, I have officially flipped to the dark side (Hilton) starting December 01. I doubt Bonvoy will even blink but hopefully will see more people finally bail and move on. There are no Hyatt properties where I work so Hilton is it...12X on credit card is more than Bonvoy and their promo's are much better. I used to shun Hilton as the value of the points in the past did not compare to Marriott/Bonvoy but now appears to be equal as the greedy ....... management of BonVoy is hiking everything. It was sad to see Hilton followed BonVoy's lead and charges 'resort fees' though. That one kills me as well..."please give us $25 a day per person and you will get a bottle of water, free internet and can use the pool'.See ya' !
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
So I just completed 2nd stay and promo says complete. How long before the next promo is unlocked? Is it right away or wait a day?
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
At least you guys actually unlocked something. I've completed the 2 stays, got my 2,000 points, but I'm still waiting to hear from Bonvoy what I have actually unlocked! Nothing yet in 3 days! Got I love Marriott IT system....

(Curious, how long was your wait to find out what you have unlocked, maybe 3 days wait is "normal")
Lurkers have said 2-3 days and have also confirmed that if you have stays in that interim period, they won’t count. Just read back a page or 2.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Second offer 2 was 4 stays, 8000 points. Meh, not enough to have any impact on plans. I can’t complain though, I just got done with a super awesome targeted promo, still feeling that love.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:06 pm

Does a points plus $$ reservation count as a stay. I believe a points only stay does not count towards one of the 2 necessary stays.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:53 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I got 12,000 for 5 stays as a Plat. Bummer that awards don’t count as I’m doing a 5 night stay on points next month.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I'm a life time titanium with 80+ nights and got the '6 more stays for 15k bonus' offer. I already had around 9 stays and sufficient nights booked to achieve Ambassador for next year.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by NavyTraveler
Second straw for me was that I will have 187 nights this year but only 18.5K of spend(Gov. Rate bookings) so lost my Ambassador status. This promo put me over the edge.
!
Ask your ambassador if they can make an exception. Word is they have decided to do this for certain members in Asian countries where per night rates can be very low. And I know from personal experience spg would allow waivers. Especially if a fluke personal issue changed how you traveled this year.

If you'd ambassador can't make it happen, maybe you need a new one anyway...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Unlock: 10,000 points after 1 stay

Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Lifetime TE....played along with this silly promo and did two Marriott stays that would have gone elsewhere. My reward is bottom rung 4 stays. Their reward from me is no more Marriott stays this year.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vanabb
You’re the first one to report this offer, so it must be rare. Wiki updated.

I’d be happy with that!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hedoman
Lifetime TE....played along with this silly promo and did two Marriott stays that would have gone elsewhere. My reward is bottom rung 4 stays. Their reward from me is no more Marriott stays this year.
Honestly Marriott could care less because they know you'll be eventually back in 2020.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’d be happy with that!
If you already had a dozen future bookings in the promo period, and you read the wording as "Stay once more and get NNNN points, then get NOTHING AT ALL for all the subsequent stays", then you'd be more Grumpy then Happy ….
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
If you already had a dozen future bookings in the promo period, and you read the wording as "Stay once more and get NNNN points, then get NOTHING AT ALL for all the subsequent stays", then you'd be more Grumpy then Happy ….
I doubt your offer is worse than "stay 10 times and get 10,000 points", which is what you could get with properly-working IT checking to see what stays you are already committed to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.