Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is there a status requirement, such as Titanium Elite or Platinum Elite, for eligibility to order a travel package?

If so, I will put that into the thread wiki-post, as there is currently no mention of it.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is there a status requirement, such as Titanium Elite or Platinum Elite, for eligibility to order a travel package?

If so, I will put that into the thread wiki-post, as there is currently no mention of it.
No there isn't.
SPN Lifer and pazza2000 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
In order to make sure my last travel certificate got used, I have made numerous reservations. Due to hotel and border closures I have needed to change plans several times. Until recently, my last certificate had been attached to a European hotel reservation. Since that trip seems unlikely before August 1, I decided to use the certificate domestically. I called the Titanium number to request that the certificate be detached from the reservation before cancelling it. Although I explained why the certificate needed to be removed first, the agent cancelled the reservation with the certificate still attached.

I have been trying to get the certificate reissued. On my second call, the agent kept repeating that the certificate had already been extended so many times that she was unable to help me herself. The only extensions to this certificate were due to either the conversion from old certificates to new ones or extensions due to Covid. Although I have a case number from a prior call, so far nothing has been replaced.

The last agent I spoke with was adamant that there would be no more extensions of any travel or credit card certificates. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if the certificates weren't extended, I believe it would be a big mistake not to extend the credit card ones.

Last edited by rny321; Mar 24, 2021 at 9:43 am
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by rny321
In order to make sure my last travel certificate got used, I have made numerous reservations. Due to hotel and border closures I have needed to change plans several times. Until recently, my last certificate had been attached to a European hotel reservation. Since that trip seems unlikely before August 1, I decided to use the certificate domestically. I called the Titanium number to request that the certificate be detached from the reservation before cancelling it. Although I explained why the certificate needed to be removed first, the agent cancelled the reservation with the certificate still attached.

I have been trying to get the certificate reissued. On my second call, the agent kept repeating that the certificate had already been extended many time that she was unable to help me herself. The only extensions to this certificate were due to either the conversion from old certificates to new ones or extensions due to Covid. Although I have a case number from a prior call, so far nothing has been replaced.

The last agent I spoke with was adamant that there would be no more extensions of any travel or credit card certificates. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if the certificates weren't extended, I believe it would be a big mistake not to extend the credit card ones.
Try sending a private message to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker here on Flyertalk.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by dkerr
Try sending a private message to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker here on Flyertalk.
Good suggestion. I had used the email contact address [email protected] listed by one of the Lurkers before posting. Unfortunately, the representative that responded didn't offer assistance with the case.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I really wish Marriott would either train their agents on how to deal with certs, or make their systems easier to use by these under-skilled agents.
Counsellor likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I really wish Marriott would either train their agents on how to deal with certs, or make their systems easier to use by these under-skilled agents.
translation: I really wish Marriott would just allow agents to extend whatever the members are requesting.

in reality, Marriott did train their agents to say no to additional extensions and made the system harder for them to extend (obviously there are agents that are friendlier to that request than others). That is why we have people reporting it’s hard to get extended.

now if the cert is lost in space due to cancellation of reservation and never returned to the account, if Marriott has to reissue the cert in order for it to return to the members account, and by that the cert gets extended, so be it.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by myperks
translation: I really wish Marriott would just allow agents to extend whatever the members are requesting.

in reality, Marriott did train their agents to say no to additional extensions and made the system harder for them to extend (obviously there are agents that are friendlier to that request than others). That is why we have people reporting it’s hard to get extended.

now if the cert is lost in space due to cancellation of reservation and never returned to the account, if Marriott has to reissue the cert in order for it to return to the members account, and by that the cert gets extended, so be it.
Actually, my comment has nothing to do with getting a certificate expiration extended. Don't assume things that I did not write.

Marriott agents are woefully trained in certificates. Every time I have a reservation involving the TP certificate, it is done incorrectly, points are taken out of my account, and it is a pain to get fixed. And these are Ambassador agents, if that even means anything any more.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:46 am

I wasn't expecting an extension due to the cancellation. I was simply looking for a replacement with the original expiration date. Since I have credit card award nights as well as this certificate, I would be pleased if an extension is granted.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:53 am

Actually, my comment has nothing to do with getting a certificate expiration extended. Don't assume things that I did not write.

Marriott agents are woefully trained in certificates. Every time I have a reservation involving the TP certificate, it is done incorrectly, points are taken out of my account, and it is a pain to get fixed. And these are Ambassador agents, if that even means anything any more.
Due to the difficulty I've experienced in the past when someone at Marriott cancels a reservation without honoring my request to remove the attached certificate, I considered taking the points instead of trying to get the certificate replaced.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:09 am

I’m sure Marriott (and members as well) will be glad that these old TPs history soon.

I wasn't expecting an extension due to the cancellation. I was simply looking for a replacement with the original expiration date. Since I have credit card award nights as well as this certificate, I would be pleased if an extension is granted.
so did you ultimately get your cert back?

Due to the difficulty I've experienced in the past when someone at Marriott cancels a reservation without honoring my request to remove the attached certificate, I considered taking the points instead of trying to get the certificate replaced.
The residual on these are almost nothing.

my mistake on reading your comment specifically for removing cert before cancellation. But comment still stands because by default everyone want it extended and I’m sure one would want to be in for extension as well. (Just a roundabout way to get the extension with Marriott messing up and probably replacing the lost certificate with a new expiration date)
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:27 am

so did you ultimately get your cert back?

The residual on these are almost nothing.
I am waiting on a response to the case opened by one of the reps, so nothing back yet. It was a Cat 6 and 165K in points were refunded.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:43 am

I am waiting on a response to the case opened by one of the reps, so nothing back yet. It was a Cat 6 and 165K in points were refunded.
wait... you got a cat 6 TP refunded and received 165k refunded as a residual? That’s impressive. Thought these had almost no residual value when refunded.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:48 am

wait... you got a cat 6 TP refunded and received 165k refunded as a residual? That’s impressive. Thought these had almost no residual value when refunded.
The refund must have been based on the old certificate value. An old Cat 9 (new Cat 6) could have been refunded for the base level of 45K for an old Cat 5 (new Cat 4) plus 120K for the higher category.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:54 pm

The refund must have been based on the old certificate value. An old Cat 9 (new Cat 6) could have been refunded for the base level of 45K for an old Cat 5 (new Cat 4) plus 120K for the higher category.
Under the old travel packages the refund value was 45K for a base certificate plus 30K for each category above. The original refund terms were preserved when those converted to new TP certificates (if not by policy, then by practice). As some old categories collapsed (or merged) in conversion people with the higher category got 30K points back (example, old cat 7 and 8 combined into new cat 5.... I was sitting on a old cat 8 and it was exchanged by refunding 135K and redeeming 105K for a new cat 5). I still have one of those due to expire on Aug 1st and if there are no more extensions then I will request refund of that and should get 105K points. Not ideal but roughly 50% value back (3 nights of 35K). I won't like it, but its better than nothing (or the new TP refund values).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.