Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
They ARE being extended from 3rd Jan through 30th June! Optimistically, I believe they’ll carry their peak value, and possibly we will be able to apply the difference for a higher category, which potentially makes April to June a great time to use them for those unhappy with their category. Of course, maybe I’m being over optimistic again and it looks as if Marriott haven’t figured out how to handle them yet.
When I read the lurker's response to my question my first thought was that they had an "oops!" moment. It's certainly a valid question, one I feel should be answered before March. But I have little faith that they (Marriott, not the lurkers specifically) will share what will happen before the categories are scrapped. So that once again leaves us in limbo. If they were intending to assign a value, whether that be the low, standard, or peak value, there's no reason they couldn't have shared that today. The non-answer we got instead is what concerns me.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by yoonny
Got an extension to my legacy 7 night certificate that’s been converted, extended several times and had 1/3/22 expiration date!

I called the main #. 1st rep said no way Jose. It’s been extended 2 – 3 times already, blah blah. HUCA.

2nd rep, got a super friendly older lady. She said hold on, let me see what I can do for you. She types away, reads the terms, then informs me it might be possible to grant a 1 time extension for extenuating circumstances. But she needed to use “another” system. She went away for a good 10 minutes, came back and said all good.

Got 2 emails, 1 for cancellation of the old certificate, 1 for an order of the new certificate. My account now reflects an expiration date a year from today.
Just in case the new changes touted by Marriott do not include the extensions until the end of June for the Travel Packages, what is the number you called, and did you get a name to the CSR for your successful call?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
When I read the lurker's response to my question my first thought was that they had an "oops!" moment. It's certainly a valid question, one I feel should be answered before March. But I have little faith that they (Marriott, not the lurkers specifically) will share what will happen before the categories are scrapped. So that once again leaves us in limbo. If they were intending to assign a value, whether that be the low, standard, or peak value, there's no reason they couldn't have shared that today. The non-answer we got instead is what concerns me.
I guess in theory, the number of travel packages probably are minimal that have expiration dates after 06/29/2022 and so maybe they are hoping everyone will just book their stays by March 2022 as the packages will expire by 06/30/2022 and so they won't have to worry about it when the dynamic pricing kicks in. Of course they can make it simpler and delay dynamic pricing for 07/01/2022 after all the extended travel packages expire and the few that were issued that have post-07/01/2022 expiration dates, they can figure some way of swapping it, maybe it will be simpler for them to issue the holders individual FNAs at the point level of the corresponding category.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
Any word on whether these have been extended along with FNCs? Mine is attached to a reservation, so I can't see if it was extended... Thanks!
Travel packages are extended to 6/30/22, VFTW.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I guess in theory, the number of travel packages probably are minimal that have expiration dates after 06/29/2022 and so maybe they are hoping everyone will just book their stays by March 2022 as the packages will expire by 06/30/2022 and so they won't have to worry about it when the dynamic pricing kicks in. Of course they can make it simpler and delay dynamic pricing for 07/01/2022 after all the extended travel packages expire and the few that were issued that have post-07/01/2022 expiration dates, they can figure some way of swapping it, maybe it will be simpler for them to issue the holders individual FNAs at the point level of the corresponding category.
While I understand your reasoning they'd still need a plan for March to June because even if I were to book in February for a stay in May I could still cancel that in March and would need a way to book something else before the end of June. I just got the impression that they didn't think this through before today's announcements.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
While I understand your reasoning they'd still need a plan for March to June because even if I were to book in February for a stay in May I could still cancel that in March and would need a way to book something else before the end of June. I just got the impression that they didn't think this through before today's announcements.
I hope that my theory did not imply otherwise.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:53 pm

Sad to see no complaints about how it wasn’t extended until Dec 2022 (yet)
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I hope that my theory did not imply otherwise.
Of course not.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:59 am

can we upgrade 15000 point each night to upgrade our 7 days certificate to next level next year?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by daviddai1124
can we upgrade 15000 point each night to upgrade our 7 days certificate to next level next year?
From March, possibly! I do think Marriott will assign a value to these TP’s going forward as I don’t see any other way to manage them if they are scrapping the categories, I also think they would be hard pressed to offer anything less than their current peak category value, but let’s see. Also to the poster above who suggests Marriott are perhaps hoping they won’t have to worry about these come March, I think they will, and I also think there are more of us holding these legacy TP’s than we may think.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:28 am

yes, let's see what will happen next year~

I still have 2 cat4 and 1 cat6 seven days certificate.... I really want to use all of them in next year...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:49 am

You’ll be able to, they are being extended, and possibly after March you’ll be able to top them up for a more useful redemption. However what value will be placed on them is the question.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:51 am

Do you know when will extension happen? I still see my 7 nights certificate's expiry date on 3rd Jan 2022
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Some time in/by December 2021.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:18 am

I’m not so worried as to when the extension will happen, it will happen. The big question is how these will handled come March onwards. Any guesses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.