On-site Laundry

Old Aug 14, 19, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat Elite, Avis First, Delta FO
On-site Laundry

What does 'on-site laundry' mean on a hotel website? I booked five nights at AC Capetown on points. They tell me they have no onsite facilities and I can send out dry cleaning, $4usd/underware. I have been anticipating doing laundry on-site. The manager was not helpful besides telling me my interpretation was wrong.

Also no free breakfast for gold when staying on points?
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by fujiteam View Post
What does 'on-site laundry' mean on a hotel website? I booked five nights at AC Capetown on points. They tell me they have no onsite facilities and I can send out dry cleaning, $4usd/underware. I have been anticipating doing laundry on-site. The manager was not helpful besides telling me my interpretation was wrong.
I take the "laundry on-site" listed in the "Services & Amenities" section of a Marriott hotel's website to indicate that the hotel offers an in-house laundry service. I find that hotels that offer self-service laundry indicate " Laundry on-site, coin operated" and those who have to send laundry off-site use the term "valet."

No Marriott hotel is obligated to offer free breakfast for golds, and the 25 night/year level of both pre-merger SPG and Marriott did not offer a breakfast benefit.
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat Elite, Avis First, Delta FO
Originally Posted by Beltway2A View Post
I take the "laundry on-site" listed in the "Services & Amenities" section of a Marriott hotel's website to indicate that the hotel offers an in-house laundry service. I find that hotels that offer self-service laundry indicate " Laundry on-site, coin operated" and those who have to send laundry off-site use the term "valet."
OK, so the separate line item for "Valet dry-cleaning" and the absence of "coin operated" can be future tip offs. Thank you
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
OK, so the separate line item for "Valet dry-cleaning" and the absence of "coin operated" can be future tip offs. Thank you
The Aloft SFO, which is the last Marriott property I recall staying at with guest-operated laundry machines, lists each separately. It's the "coin operated" that I believe is accessible to guests, with the on-site laundry being done at usual hotel prices and dry cleaning sent off-site.

Old Aug 14, 19, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

When I am traveling and require laundry services I check for local services online. With a quick search in Capetown, I found a 24 hour service that will pick-up, wash/fold and deliver your laundry. Free pick-up & delivery, cost is R175 for 0-5kg for next day service. For dollars and pounds that is USD$11.35 for up to 11 pounds. USD $2.27 per additional kg (2.2 lbs)

https://www.capelaundryonline.com/copy-of-pricing

James
RafKa likes this.

Search this Thread