Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Santa Ana, CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, USAirways Gold

I didn't find anything specific with a search, so I thought I'd throw it open...
I have a one or two night business trip to Santa Ana in about a month, and I'm trying to find the best property in the area. My meetings will be in "downtown" Santa Ana by the Federal Courthouse, so something nearby would be best - unless there's a nice beach property and traffic won't be an issue in the morning. I'll be flying in and out of SNA, if that matters.
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
If you want Full Service I think the Irvine Marriott would be the closest. Traffic shouldn't be an issue going North on 55 to I-5 north in the morning and south in the afternoon.

Another option is the Anahiem Marriott but I-5 traffic south is likely to be worse.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I actually really like the Irvine Marriott. It's a run-of-the-mill airport FS location except for the staff, which is quite above-average. The location is convenient, too, right next to SNA with easy access to the 405.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The closest FS to the U.S Federal Courthouse on 4th Street in Santa Ana is the Costa Mesa Marriott (formerly Costa Mesa Marriott Suites). It's an all-suite property. Ask for a room with a view of the lake. (It's a small, artificial lake.) Not only is the view better, but there's also less road noise. The are plenty of restaurants in the area, as well as upscale shopping at a huge mall nearby. There's even a large performing arts center and other live theater. It's a quick drive north to downtown Santa Ana.

Another hotel in the area that I like is the SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County. It's only a few years old, so it has the new, modern SpringHill Suites design. It's in an office/industrial area near the airport. It would also be a quick drive north to downtown Santa Ana.

Another FS you might want to consider is the Anaheim Marriott Suites property on Harbor Boulevard in Garden Grove (not Anaheim, despite its name). It's just a few miles south of Disneyland. I have not stayed there, so I can't speak from experience. I just think could be a good choice if you want to wander around Downtown Disney and have dinner there, or if your schedule would allow a visit to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure during your stay.

None of these three properties would require require freeway driving.

Last edited by Horace; Mar 30, 2013 at 3:51 pm Reason: to fix typo
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was going to recommend the Costa Mesa property but you beat me to it!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Understand the geography (I get asked this question frequently by visiting attorneys.) There is NO hotel in walking distance to the Federal Court. The hotels which people are listing are about 15 minutes drive. And that isn't just because you want Marriott. The answer would be the same for SPG or any other program.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:39 am
Suspended

CM Marriott

Can anyone tell me if there is free street parking in the immediate area

Ive stayed at The CM Hilton and theres free street parking < 5 min walk, I just didnt like the hotel itself that much and thought Id try out The Marriott, but only if I dont have to pay for parking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.