Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Difference between Courtyard and Townplace Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold

For the same number of points I can get a room at Courtyard or Townplace Suite in Toronto East. We will have 2 rooms each with 2 adults and 2 children for 1 night.

Any advice on pros and cons of each?

I am Platinum but for these brands I don't think there's any free breakfast.

I would appreciate any guidance.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by jahason
For the same number of points I can get a room at Courtyard or Townplace Suite in Toronto East. We will have 2 rooms each with 2 adults and 2 children for 1 night.

Any advice on pros and cons of each?

I am Platinum but for these brands I don't think there's any free breakfast.

I would appreciate any guidance.
towneplace suites provide free breakfast but their rooms typically have one bed plus a sofa bed unless you get upgraded.

Courtyard may have two bedded rooms but breakfast is a platinum amenity and may not cover both rooms.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Breakfast (free for all) is the big difference, although TPS is designed to be an extended stay property, so all rooms should have a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and two burner stovetop (YMMV).

There are lots of rooms in TPS with two double/queen beds, although they might not also have a sofa bed or desk.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 9, 2019 at 8:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Thank you very much for all your help!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Also, Towneplace might be a better use for points as they are 5x earning as opposed to Courtyard at 10x. Towneplace has a full kitchen, whereas with Courtyard you're very lucky to get a microwave along with the refrigerator.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:38 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
TPS breakfast for all is probably a good deal here (rather than the $10 to $20 F&B credit at Courtyard), though I think the quality of food at Courtyard bistros is slightly better, but offset by generally slow service at the Bistro. (IME, if you're staying on a holiday with a lot of other families at the TPS property, then it might be strategic to go to breakfast on the earlier side, as IME it can get pretty crowded).

Also in general I'd say that the decor of TPS on average feels a little more "budget" than a Courtyard, though the pics of the Toronto East TPS looks a little nicer than the average TPS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.