Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The room with balcony which can not be used

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The room with balcony which can not be used

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
That's because those balconies ARE unsafe. They are low balcony railings, probably under the mandatory height for adults. Even if under height by a few inches they can be significant risk of fall deaths. Those appear to come up about mid thigh, maybe a bit higher, those would be very easy to fall over. I can totally see why you wouldn't be allowed on those.
You are right, but personally I would have been much more pleased to have received such an explanation from the hotel, not that it was "a general Marriott policy that does not allow the use of balconies." Namely, I have already booked a room in another hotel and country, which I paid significantly more because of the balcony. I just want to make sure that no rule has been introduced where balconies can no longer be used, so that I can react in time.

Since everything else in the hotel except English was perfect, there is a possibility that they have just expressed themselves wrongly. Maybe they were referring to Marriott rules that specifically apply to their balconies, not the general ban on using balconies, which I understood from the explanation.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fdem
Imagine if everybody put their clothes or towels out. We own a property in Mallorca and the fine for hanging out towels is the death penalty ( just kidding on the latter ] we also lived in Monaco for many years and there were no such rules probably duetolack of general space. It often looked like the dobi ghats in Mumbai The apartment we owned in Monaco was mainly inhabited by Italians whereas in Mallorca our neighbours are mainly Germans who are sticklers forrules
In Germany, one should not ever hang any laundry outside on Sunday, nor cut the grass or do any sort of yard/lawn/garden work on Sunday.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The Wellesly in London did a similar thing to me. Lovely suite with a huge balcony overlooking the gardens. I asked the butler why we couldn't get out to the balcony and he said because of an agreement with the neighbors regarding noise and privacy. Kind of disappointing as it was a great place for a night cap or early morning coffee.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:55 am

This is the view from my balcony at Wentworth By the Sea a few weeks ago. It was usable, and it was awesome. :-)

So I suspect it is not a Marriott-wide policy,

EuropeanPete and HRSPGPutnik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.