Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Welshie Touring
Has anyone received the new branded card? I got the SPG one last month and was wondering when the new card will be sent out to us in Canada
i got the spg branded card in late march. my wife got the new bonvoy branded card a few weeks ago in april.

i have not yet received the newly branded card to replace the old one and was wondering if anyone else had.

not really that big of a deal but i find the management of this roll-out to be extremely poor.
Old May 5, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: MR Bonvoy LP , AC/AE, DL, Porter, SU, Nexus, APEC
Originally Posted by Welshie Touring
Has anyone received the new branded card? I got the SPG one last month and was wondering when the new card will be sent out to us in Canada
I prefer my SPG card as it has some CLASS to it. IMO Bonvoy is almost like having a CTC card; Duugh ...do you wish to use your points at checkout?

I'm now retired and not earning the big points anymore, there is no going back to the times that were good with SPG, they appreciated loyal customers.

We have been Marriotted and Bonvoyed....we need to live with the cards we are dealt (or not).

Bob
Old May 5, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
The weird thing about the Bonvoy card is that the card number is on the back. I can't remember any other card with that design.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The weird thing about the Bonvoy card is that the card number is on the back. I can't remember any other card with that design.
US Plat cards have the number on the back. Agree that it seems strange.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl

US Plat cards have the number on the back. Agree that it seems strange.
aren't the new canadian plats the same?
Old May 5, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BenSenise
No idea. Don’t have one.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Numbers on the back

Yes - the new Amex cards seem to be in that style. The platinum is the same way.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
What's been people's experience with their monthly points earn posting to their account? My statement date was two weeks ago and the bill has been paid, but I haven't received any of the points I've earned on my Marriott account? The statement showed how many points I'd earned, but they haven't posted.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davesmunroe
What's been people's experience with their monthly points earn posting to their account? My statement date was two weeks ago and the bill has been paid, but I haven't received any of the points I've earned on my Marriott account? The statement showed how many points I'd earned, but they haven't posted.
my points were in my marriott account before my statement was ready.

is this your first statement? i would make sure that amex didn't open a new bonvoy account for you when you got the card. i've seen this happen.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:27 pm

was it the biz card? my biz card has had issues posting since July 2018, always requires manual intervention/follow up.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Will the $120 annual fee appear on my first bill?
Old May 8, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jetplane86
Will the $120 annual fee appear on my first bill?
Yes.
Old May 12, 2019, 6:00 am

my points were in my marriott account before my statement was ready.

is this your first statement? i would make sure that amex didn't open a new bonvoy account for you when you got the card. i've seen this happen.
Thanks for the tip. I checked my statement, and it had the right account #. Points ended up posting after three weeks.... hopefully just a delay in the first statement period.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
My points (~115000) from my April 20th statement have not posted yet. Bill fully paid - what was your outcome? I am going to call this week.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:21 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Points should post at the last business day of the month. If they didn't post in April, my guess is last day of May. They only post once a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.