Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: marriott
Pens

Did anyone else had a hard time using the pens? I might have gotten a defective pen.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:56 am

Nice! Thanks for posting the pics!
Old May 21, 2019, 12:34 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by Denise Olivo
Did anyone else had a hard time using the pens? I might have gotten a defective pen.
"Pen" LOL, I just gave mine another try, it was the only thing I bothered to keep, seem to be still working.

Wife said I got a package many weeks ago, told me it was a gift from Marriott, couldn't wait to see it. What a GIFT! Opened and threw it away after 30", kept the pen it appeared to be nice, haven't used it but twice, find my freebie at the hotel seem to be better,

Good job Marriott, for your best customers you send them a real piece of garbage gift for their big spend and loyalty. This is right up there with the UA 1K gift, fancy box and a bunch of cheap plastic ugly coaster.

Who thinks up these things?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by chipmaster
Who thinks up these things?
Marriott does. They have lower, more middle of the road standards than SPG. This tacky gift is another example they don't fully understand what they bought with SPG.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Finally received the 'gift' in Toronto. On the shipping slip, it states the value as "$15".... Where is my $50/$100 gift card...

Last edited by l380; May 30, 2019 at 10:34 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 4:45 pm

Seems like they are starting to ship to their Canadian members. I received the 'gift' package as well in Toronto today.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Just got mine today in the mail... Another bunch of useless stuff... I rather they spend the money on the program itself and make it better...

Anyways, also the membership card is pretty cheap and flimsy.... I miss my old SPG LTP metal card... wish they would have given metal cards to lifetime titanium members.. Even though I don't ever need to take it out, it's still nice to have....
UA-NYC and UASPG like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Got my Ambassador gift yesterday in Calgary! Pens are probably the best part of the entire package because the sleeve is way too big for the laptop that I travel with .. but the gesture is certainly nice.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Received mine in Waterloo, Canada today. I like the sleeve and the pens are a great too. No complaints from me. Quite happy and very much appreciate the gesture from Marriott.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Received mine last week in NYC. The pens are nice and solid. The small pouch actually fits my laptop cords well and fits better in my briefcase than the name-brand cord pouch that came with it. The sleeve itself is astonishingly huge and I have no use for. It seems to be sized for those old D700 17” “workstation” laptops and not for a traveler. The big surprise, however, was the box it came in. Surprisingly sturdy and a great size for protecting sketches and watercolors while traveling. For me, the box or came in is what I’ll get the most use out of... and appears to be made with the best materials of the lot.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:30 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Y’know, if any of you guys has no use for the kit/pouch[es] I’m happy to take it off your hands...

khabah
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Got it in Victoria, BC yesterday.

Weird thing is my wife also got one, and she has zero nights and $0 lifetime (only used her account last year to transfer some AMEX Cobalt MR through to Aeroplan via Marriott) but it appears her account is marked Amb when we went online to look... We are Vistana 5* Elite, which is supposed to grant Plat status annually. I am LTT, so that status doesn't do anything for me...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CraigerC
Received mine in Waterloo, Canada today. I like the sleeve and the pens are a great too. No complaints from me. Quite happy and very much appreciate the gesture from Marriott.
This.
CraigerC likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by l380
Finally received the 'gift' in Toronto. On the shipping slip, it states the value as "$15".... Where is my $50/$100 gift card...
I haven't received anything yet... but I also haven't checked my mailbox in a week...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
UK Based here and my'gift' turned up today. While I feel bad for not appreciating the gift I have to say to me it really shows just how much Marriott does not get the Ambassador level, I get there will be variationof opinion but to me this is just a load of tack, nothing stylish or classy about it! I wish they had spend the time and money on something actually worthwhile, repsonding to emails and complaints would be a great start!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.