Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Got mine this week. Nice, thoughtful gift! Thank you Marriott!
Old May 5, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Mine finally did arrive. I appreciate the low bar previous posters set for my expectations; I was actually pleasantly surprised as it is a little nicer than I expected. And as someone else mentioned, the shipping box is quite nice. I’m going to use it for storing drawings in my flat files.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Did you end up getting anything, I have had nothing either and in Ontario
Old May 5, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just got a call from home letting me know that a package has arrived from marriott....i'm assuming its the ambassador gift....won't be back home for a few weeks so i guess i'll know for sure once i return....
Old May 6, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I did see this on another site, although I am going to guess Quebec is all of Canada! If anyone in Canada has received this please let us know
Marriott Bonvoy is sending out to Ambassador members a computer sleeve and couple of pens with their new membership card.

Marriott told us that they cannot send this Ambassador gift to the following countries due to customs regulations: Quebec, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Libya and Brazil.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Welshie Touring
I did see this on another site, although I am going to guess Quebec is all of Canada! If anyone in Canada has received this please let us know
Marriott Bonvoy is sending out to Ambassador members a computer sleeve and couple of pens with their new membership card.

Marriott told us that they cannot send this Ambassador gift to the following countries due to customs regulations: Quebec, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Libya and Brazil.
I could understand about some of the countries listed ... but Quebec Canada, UAE, Qatar, and Bahrain is a bit odd.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Yep just got mine today and to be honest - I needed one. Thoughtful gift from Marriott since I actually had no expectation....
Old May 6, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I had received mine last week. Wife stole the sleeve and kids stole the pens.

I am left enjoying the box...
kaizen7 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by l380
Did anyone from Canada get the gift? or just for the US AMB?
I live in Canada and am Ambassador...... still no gift!
Old May 6, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got mine last week. Nice touch. The pens are solid. I also like the old school membership card. Not sure why i need one since its all electronic now, but still cool to have.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Question Bonvoy elite laptop bag

I was sent a laptop bag, as a "thank you" for being Ambassador Elite. It's seriously one of the worst laptop bags I've ever encountered. Large enough for a 16 or 17" laptop; odd, flimsy pocket in the laptop section that collapses if you try to put something in that section, such as a laptop; and an overall curious material choice.

To me it underscores the disconnect that the Bonvoy program has with... actual travelers. Wondering if others received a thank you gift, and thoughts on that.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Can you post some photos? That seems to be a new gift. "Curious material" - something dirt cheap I'm assuming?
Old May 8, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Can you post some photos? That seems to be a new gift. "Curious material" - something dirt cheap I'm assuming?
plenty of pictures on pages 1 and 2 of this thread.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Received mine on Monday.

I like the gesture, but I agree with other posters that I would prefer less items of quality than just stuff.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Ambassador Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle, Hyatt Plat
Bonvoy laptop case

Also received one last week together with the 2020 Ambassador elite card. Didn’t mention the lifetime status on the card. Have had ambassador status for many years with SPG but dont recall any memorable “gifts”. Nice gesture, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.