Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This makes me think - US-based Ambassador Elites seem to get more perks/gifts than those of us outside of North America.

khabah
l380, EuropeanPete and HollyGlen like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by khabah
This makes me think - US-based Ambassador Elites seem to get more perks/gifts than those of us outside of North America.

khabah
Perhaps Marriott doesn't want to pay the increased shipping costs or subject the recipient to customs duty.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:58 am

Well, it’s a nice gesture but frankly I’d prefer it if they gave a choice : eg, tick box A to get the laptop bag, tick B and we’ll give $10 to charity X, Y or Z. I fear that if I bring one more bag/travel item into the house, I’ll be the subject of an intervention/ compulsory counseling.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paolo64
Well, it’s a nice gesture but frankly I’d prefer it if they gave a choice : eg, tick box A to get the laptop bag, tick B and we’ll give $10 to charity X, Y or Z. I fear that if I bring one more bag/travel item into the house, I’ll be the subject of an intervention/ compulsory counseling.
How about a real breakfast as opposed to coffee and bagels at resorts?
dimon84 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by paolo64
That would be a good idea, and they would seem to have the infrastructure set up to do that, as we can choose 50 and 75 night awards. Just add a level for Ambassador...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by itravelalot
What a stupid gift. Who doesn't have a laptop case? And plastic pens, really? Face palm. Luggage tags would have been better or even a suite night award certificate.
I find this kind of post embarrassing.

SPG used to give an annual gift to all Plats for several yrs in a row. There were always complainers. Then one year they stopped giving gifts and we never saw them again at the Plat level.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How about a real breakfast as opposed to coffee and bagels at resorts?
I'd take lounge access at the PG in Tokyo.

BTW, my gift arrived in the mail yesterday.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl

I find this kind of post embarrassing.
Why? Marriott says it enhanced the loyalty program while cutting costs for hotel owners. Yet, it wastes money sending a laptop case and two plastic pens to customers who never asked for these gifts. This is a complete waste of money. They could have at least made the physical membership card a bag tag. Who needs a physical membership card? It's completely useless.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:22 am

Who needs a physical membership card? It's completely useless.
People can always find something to complain about. A couple of weeks ago someone else started a thread complaining, in no unvigorous terms, about Bonvoy not issuing physical membership cards...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
People can always find something to complain about. A couple of weeks ago someone else started a thread complaining, in no unvigorous terms, about Bonvoy not issuing physical membership cards...
I think airlines should provide a physical card because it's often needed when flying partner airlines or accessing lounges, especially in foreign countries. However, there's no real use for a physical card for a hotel's loyalty program. The only conceivable use is if a hotel provided points and elite status benefits on reservations booked through third parties like Priceline. Marriott doesn't. So, every reservation booked through Marriott is going to have your number on it. I guess someone could book a reservation for you without your number, but I would guess the number of ambassadors that this happens to is rather small.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
You mean the OP that was on the verge of death as a result of not having the card? That still boggles me.

Not it sure why all the hate. I’ve always enjoyed the legacy Marriott Plat Prem gifts. I’m still using the charging cable and leather cable case.

My son really likes the valet/bowl/origami leather thing.

I also still have the red Marriott luggage tag.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR PP+A
Just got mine. My wife liked how the pens write so she’s taking them. The case will keep a spare laptop safe in my desk. Not overwhelmed but it’s a nice gesture.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:20 pm

It’s the Customs Duty to the best of my knowledge.

Perhaps Marriott doesn't want to pay the increased shipping costs or subject the recipient to customs duty.

Last edited by johnston21; Apr 27, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by johnston21
Its it’s the Customs Duty to the best of my knowledge.

So they cheap out on several thousand members they happily take 20000 dollars in annual spend from. Neat.

khabah
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Just got home from a week in my San Francisco office to find... nothing in the mail for me from Marriott. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t even really want this gift, but after spending 117 nights and around $30,000 in Marriott properties last year, then being excluded from the recent targeted promo, not hearing at all from my ambassador in months, getting redirected to the Titanic elite line a couple times when calling in recently, and now this... I’m not really feeling any love for the business I do with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.