Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Energy surcharge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Partial chargeback is not possible for a CC issued in Sweden - I did that for Avis for their DCC scam and specifically asked for a partial chargeback and it ended up with a full one and didn't work out after all.

Be careful if you are trying to do that with a partial refund from CC issuers from outside the US/non-AMEX cards.
Old May 3, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
The sole issue is whether it was disclosed to OP at the time of booking. If not, then it is invalid. Forget the debate about whether it is a good or a bad idea.

Don't waste your time with phone calls. Send a note to Marriott advising that the fee was improperly charged because it was not disclosed (be 100% this was true for your booking) & ask that a refund be iissued in 7 days or a chargeback will be filed. On the 8th day, file the chargeback if you don't at least have an agreement that the property will refund.

Keep it all short and to the point and focus on the disclosure issue, not your views of the appropriateness of such fees.
I won't debate it. IT IS a BAD idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.