Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Strange Loss Prevention Notice Slipped Under Door. Anyone get this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Loss Prevention Notice Slipped Under Door. Anyone get this?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by DCAFly
The only thing I take are the soap, shampoo, and conditioner, and only because I give them to a local homeless shelter.
OK, that seems a little odd. Do you also go into Macy's and take socks, which is ok only because you give them to a local homeless shelter?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a work friend who is a lifetime Diamond. I am pretty sure every pillow, towel, shampoo and hanger in his house is from a Hilton property. I always thought it was odd that he did it but also odd that Hilton never called him on it.
DenverBrian and ryw like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
OK, that seems a little odd. Do you also go into Macy's and take socks, which is ok only because you give them to a local homeless shelter?
This is off-topic but regardless has been discussed at length on FlyerTalk in other threads. It is not theft to take the toiletries that they give you. Stop making false analogies.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ok, that seems like an odd little analogy. but no, I don't steal socks from Macy's.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
umm, they throw out the bottles after you use them, so there isnt any issue with taking them. Heck, hotels encourage you to.

personally, I take the ones I like along with me. A bottle of shampoo can last a week easily, and if I switch hotels 3 times in that span, I can reuse the same bottle and not waste them at the other hotels.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I'm with the others that this is a veiled notice to the locals/college kids not to have a party in the room. I spent four years at UMD and lived in CP...this is definitely the reason.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:01 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I think you've hit on the idea that this isn't the hotel's official stationery at all - it's likely someone grabbed logos off the web and printed this up.

Even more sinister if true.
When I got this letter I think they had an official business card attached to it (which also went in the recycle bin, so I didn't take too close a look at it)
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Antarius
umm, they throw out the bottles after you use them, so there isnt any issue with taking them. Heck, hotels encourage you to.

personally, I take the ones I like along with me. A bottle of shampoo can last a week easily, and if I switch hotels 3 times in that span, I can reuse the same bottle and not waste them at the other hotels.
I think the poster was implying the he/she rounds up all the amenities, used or not, and "gives them to the homeless." Perhaps that poster goes down to the free breakfast buffet and rounds up all the extra unused yogurts and cereal boxes and gives them to the homeless too?

No worries - Marriott is rapidly moving towards bulk soap/shampoo in dispensers. In other words, this is why we can't have nice things.

Back on topic: If this is truly some kind of veiled message to college kids to not trash the rooms, I have some news for the writers: It's heavily veiled. As in triple layer blackout curtains veiled. As in, the entire letter makes. no. sense.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jaunts
I wonder if this letter was an idea from a student intern or something...
No, only someone with a PhD could come up with something this dumb and poorly executed.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think the poster was implying the he/she rounds up all the amenities, used or not, and "gives them to the homeless." Perhaps that poster goes down to the free breakfast buffet and rounds up all the extra unused yogurts and cereal boxes and gives them to the homeless too?
Yes that's exactly what I do. Except for the yogurts, which will spoil before I get them to the shelter.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Back on topic: If this is truly some kind of veiled message to college kids to not trash the rooms, I have some news for the writers: It's heavily veiled. As in triple layer blackout curtains veiled. As in, the entire letter makes. no. sense.
Ya, I don't think your typical college kid can parse this letter. Hell, we can't figure it out, and we're probably not having a drunken party.
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Yes that's exactly what I do. Except for the yogurts, which will spoil before I get them to the shelter.
Don't forget the little round Philadelphia Cream Cheese packets, those are good for two hours at least.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.