Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
Originally Posted by slappychasez
For anyone getting reduced offers, it might be good to check your email to see if your 100K upgrade offer is there.

I was able to apply for new SPG Luxury for 100K offer and then just today upgraded existing SPG Personal to SPG Luxury and confirmed with Amex agent that I was eligible for the 100K upgrade offer. I did have it in my email as proof, so there is no bait and switch possible.

Great deal getting 200K+ Marriott points with a new card and an upgrade!
Wait how they allowing you to carry two of the same card? (SPG Luxury Cards)? Thought that's not allowed.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
interesting, now my account also shows the 30k point offer after spending $15k in the next 2 months. It's quite a bit of spent, but 2 extra points per dollar is not bad. Hmmm ... have to consider this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by nobody2
In same situation, upgraded to luxury card, statement said based on YTD spend eligible to be upgraded to platinum. That was 2+ weeks ago - still not upgraded. Did you call? Learn anything?
I called yesterday but didn't feel like waiting on line. Sent an e-mail to customer service, we will see what they say...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 1K

Originally Posted by Mileage Fanatic
Wait how they allowing you to carry two of the same card? (SPG Luxury Cards)? Thought that's not allowed.
Key is I had to apply for the fresh account in the August 3-day window. I was approved and then a couple days later the upgrade offer showed on my account. I thought it might disappear since I applied fresh for SPG Lucury, but I received an email for the 100K upgrade offer and confirmed verbally with rep.

Now i upgraded the SPG personal and I do have two of those showing in my account.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I received today from website a pop up offer and not app which I usually check... $10k usd in spend by Nov 30 get 20,000 points, $15k get 30,000 points. Website had technical issues so had to call to get offer.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
interesting, now my account also shows the 30k point offer after spending $15k in the next 2 months. It's quite a bit of spent, but 2 extra points per dollar is not bad. Hmmm ... have to consider this.
Also got this offer this morning. Just completed the $5K spend after upgrading (points posted.) 20K points after $10K spend, then 10K points after an additional $5K spend, by November 30th.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mileage Fanatic
I had two Hilton Ascend cards for a while. (I upgraded one of them.)

I think you can only receive the same bonus one time, not that two accounts of the same type can't exist at the same time.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:33 am

Might have been mentioned above but my anniversary is in January. Thinking of upgrading to luxury. Is it true I would get $300 in statement credit now and an additional $300 in Jan + the 50k room certificate?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:35 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pinniped
I had two Hilton Ascend cards for a while. (I upgraded one of them.)

I think you can only receive the same bonus one time, not that two accounts of the same type can't exist at the same time.
So in this case Amex is differentiating between “Sign Up bonus” and “Upgrade Bonus” ? If so that is a sweet deal.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Might have been mentioned above but my anniversary is in January. Thinking of upgrading to luxury. Is it true I would get $300 in statement credit now and an additional $300 in Jan + the 50k room certificate?
Check out my post (#169 in this thread) and the answer I received (the next post.) I think you will find some similarity between our situations.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
As an update, the charge for my recent stay posted last night. No credit yet, but I'm guessing that'll take a few days.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:37 am

Staying at a Marriott property soon using my new AMEX SPG Luxury card. If I spend $300 and get $300 back in a statement credit, does that still count toward meeting the minimum spend for the sign-up bonus? Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I received today from website a pop up offer and not app which I usually check... $10k usd in spend by Nov 30 get 20,000 points, $15k get 30,000 points. Website had technical issues so had to call to get offer.
Was this in addition to the 100k offer to upgrade?
Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by ckelly14
I called yesterday but didn't feel like waiting on line. Sent an e-mail to customer service, we will see what they say...
Please let us know if you get any replies.

Have a big trip coming up in 2 weeks and would love to see my status change now that I have also just got the statement with 75K spend level now met.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Was this in addition to the 100k offer to upgrade?
Thanks
To clarify, the question is whether the $300 spend, with the $300 statement credit, counts toward the upgrade sign-up bonus (spend $5,000 in 90 days to get 100,000 points for upgrading).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.