Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sngorman

Applied on Friday got it on Tuesday
+1
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just for my 100,000 points for hittong $5 k USD spending threshold. About a week after I hit the needed amount so fast. Good on Amex
LF72 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by viperbrown
got a letter today explaining that due to high demand, I should continue to use my non-Luxury SPG card as it will reflect all Luxury benefits. letter also says I should expect to receive the Luxury card within 60 days!!
I also got this letter today. Sounds like I may not be missing much considering what others have gotten but we'll see what happens in a couple of months.
viperbrown likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like my 100k/5k upgrade offer with an Oct 31 expiry got downgraded to 50k/2.5k. I probably would have had to do some trickery to hit the 5k MSR so it's not so bad, but I do wonder why they changed the offer on me. I was hoping to do it near the end of October.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:34 pm

Applied first day offer came out. Card arrived yesterday. I live overseas, so delays are normal.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They were willing to send you overseas? Amex too me no...

I just for my $300 credit back too... A mix of eating in restaurants when not staying in a property and a pre-paid booking.

If this credit is based of renewal date and pro-rated rather thank calendar years... Then they upgrade deal is really good, esp if your renewal date soon
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
o.k., now Amex is offering 100k to upgrade after I didn't bite on the 15k. Guess they figured 15k was such a horrendous offer that nobody would take ... especially if the customer already has a Plat card. Now it is worth considering ...
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
o.k., now Amex is offering 100k to upgrade after I didn't bite on the 15k. Guess they figured 15k was such a horrendous offer that nobody would take ... especially if the customer already has a Plat card. Now it is worth considering ...
Did you just happen to log in and see the offer changed or did they email you? Mine is still crappy 15k offer.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msjrapps
Did you just happen to log in and see the offer changed or did they email you? Mine is still crappy 15k offer.
logged in and saw it online. Took screenshots of course
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:28 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
logged in and saw it online. Took screenshots of course
My husband only received the 15K offer via email

Where online did you see the revised offer ?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88

My husband only received the 15K offer via email

Where online did you see the revised offer ?
In my online Amex account in the SPG card tab. There was a message on top that they now offer 100k till 10/31. Same when I clicked on the link in the account options on the main screen (there is an upgrade card link).
damon88 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:19 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Amex Luxury card agents need to go back to training. First I was told that it is necessary to call them and specify that you want the $300 credit applied. From everything I read online that is ridiculous—-people are seeing it post automatically. Then when I just called now the rep told me my charge isn’t eligible “because it’s at Westin and it must be Marriott or SPG” 🙄

After I explained that Westin is part of Marriott she told me I should see the credit in 8-12 weeks. It is actually days, right?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
After I explained that Westin is part of Marriott she told me I should see the credit in 8-12 weeks. It is actually days, right?
AMEX credits typically post within a matter of days of the charge, yes.
damon88 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Amex Luxury card agents need to go back to training. First I was told that it is necessary to call them and specify that you want the $300 credit applied. From everything I read online that is ridiculous—-people are seeing it post automatically. Then when I just called now the rep told me my charge isn’t eligible “because it’s at Westin and it must be Marriott or SPG” 🙄

i stayed at a Westin and received my credit within 4-5 days. It just posts as a credit.
damon88 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
In my online Amex account in the SPG card tab. There was a message on top that they now offer 100k till 10/31. Same when I clicked on the link in the account options on the main screen (there is an upgrade card link).
I keep hoping that something like this will happen to me. I got a 15k offer via email, and that seems to be all they want to offer me - nothing shows up when I look in my account. No way I'm gonna upgrade when I'm already Plat Premier for next year for only 15k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.