Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canadian Courtyards give $10 CAD not USD in F&B credit as Platinum Welcome Amenity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Courtyards give $10 CAD not USD in F&B credit as Platinum Welcome Amenity

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Sorry for the delay in reporting back.

When I first used the 10$ credit at the Courtyard Downtown Toronto, the credit was indeed applied for only 10 CAD. After a discussion with the hotel duty manager, the credit was changed to 13 CAD per day.
For the rest of the 8-day stay, the 13 CAD credit was applied daily.
Fair exchange rate. While I think they should offer 13 CAD automatically it sounds like you got the benefit as advertised.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Sorry for the delay in reporting back.

When I first used the 10$ credit at the Courtyard Downtown Toronto, the credit was indeed applied for only 10 CAD. After a discussion with the hotel duty manager, the credit was changed to 13 CAD per day.
For the rest of the 8-day stay, the 13 CAD credit was applied daily.
Of course, the question is, Are they doing this for other guests or was it done just to appease you?
imverge and margarita girl like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Of course, the question is, Are they doing this for other guests or was it done just to appease you?
I would have no way of knowing the answer to your question...
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:24 pm

A DP. I recently stayed at the CY at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. The $10 USD F & B voucher was credited to my folio at 52 TRL, very close to the official exchange rate. So there definitely are properties that know how to follow the protocol without trying to gouge their guests.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
F&B credit at Canadian Courtyard/AC - $10CAD or CAD equivalent to $10USD?

Stayed at two Courtyards in Montreal in past year. Both provided $10CAD instead of $10USD F&B credit.

Humaniti Montreal took $10CAD off my restaurant charge.

Any experience with other Canadian properties?

Not a big deal with a one night stay but when staying 2 ppl for 5 nights, it starts adding up.

Last edited by seawolf; Jul 4, 2022 at 11:18 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
seawolf I don't stay in many CYs in Canada but CY Ottawa East only gave me 10 CAD. I faced this situation in 2018 shortly after the rollout of the benefit and had an argument with them, I assumed it was a new thing so I gave them some slack in the end. Then upon returning in 2021 nothing had been fixed. Same problem at CY YYZ.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seawolf
Stayed at two Courtyards in Montreal in past year. Both provided $10CAD instead of $10USD F&B credit.

Humaniti Montreal took $10CAD off my restaurant charge.

Any experience with other Canadian properties?

Not a big deal with a one night stay but when staying 2 ppl for 5 nights, it starts adding up.
Originally Posted by escape4
seawolf I don't stay in many CYs in Canada but CY Ottawa East only gave me 10 CAD. I faced this situation in 2018 shortly after the rollout of the benefit and had an argument with them, I assumed it was a new thing so I gave them some slack in the end. Then upon returning in 2021 nothing had been fixed. Same problem at CY YYZ.
Raise hell next time at a CA (Canadian) CY. Here's a clip from the Bonvoy's Terms and Conditions 4.3.c (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ter...ult.mi#elite):

Clearly says "U.S. $ F&B Credit per night". And if they don't, ask for and get your $50 USD.

David
Horace likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Raise hell next time at a CA (Canadian) CY. Here's a clip from the Bonvoy's Terms and Conditions 4.3.c (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ter...ult.mi#elite):

Clearly says "U.S. $ F&B Credit per night". And if they don't, ask for and get your $50 USD.

David
the hotel will claim the exchange rate they are using makes its $10cad…
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by myperks
Bat crap if they do. Then ask for the elite guest compensation shown.

David
dgreen12 and KRSW like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Great! Hand them $1,000.00 CAD and have them give you $1,000.00 USD, as that's the rate they're using. 😅
Horace likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I’ve had this happen a few times, but once I point out that the terms say US equivalent I have never had a hotel refuse to to give it to me.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.