Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This thread is to discuss and compare the various Marriott branded hotels in the Tokyo, Japan area.
The below 2 threads contain pre-2019 discussions for Tokyo area Marriott and Starwood hotels:
Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

The Westin Tokyo
Notes: Upscale location, walkable to station, generally good for couples.
Detailed thread:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/713198-westin-tokyo-japan-2007-onward-master-thread.html

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Notes:

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
Notes: Good if your trip focuses on the two Disney resorts, great themed rooms that kids love, no lounge but good breakfast.

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Notes: High rise hotel with views rivaling the Andaz.
Small but adequate lounge, onsen from the high floor is a novelty in itself. However lounge access is no longer provided to Marriott elites (unless booking a room that comes with access).
Detailed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1728518-prince-gallery-tokyo-kioicho-japan-lc-master-thread.html

Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Notes: Decently large lounge with good high tea, conveniently located to Yokohama station, great upgrades for platinums.
If you have bags, don't use the train, since the Yokohama station is the "sagrada familia of tokyo" where construction never ends and passages are narrow and crowded.

Tokyo Marriott Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel
Notes:

Courtyard Tokyo Station
Notes:

The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Notes:

The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Notes: Conveniently located in the vicinity of Shinagawa Station, a very short train ride from HND. Decent lounge. Big hotel rooms by Tokyo standards.

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho
Notes: Botique hotel in a local neighbourhood outside of central Tokyo.

A'loft Ginza
Notes: very central location, small rooms, and a funky but nice rooftop bar with a hotdog stand.

AC Ginza
Notes:

The Tokyo Edition Toranomon
Notes:

Mesm Autograph Collection
Notes: Lounge based on status only available to Ambassador members. Otherwise need to book a room that includes lounge access.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tokyo, Japan, 2019 onward

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Closest to NRT?

I just read the wiki and this entire thread, but see no answer so far. I will have an overnight connection at Narita (NRT).

Which Marriott Bonv°y property (or properties) is (or are) closest to NRT?
Old May 28, 2022, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Closest to NRT?

I just read the wiki and this entire thread, but see no answer so far. I will have an overnight connection at Narita (NRT).

Which Marriott Bonv°y property (or properties) is (or are) closest to NRT?
Closest to or easiest to get to? Closest is Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay, by Disney Land. I am not sure how the bus situation to get there is.

Easiest to get to is probably Moxy Kinshicho, followed by Courtyard Tokyo Station.

Please note that unless you are resident of Japan or have Japanese passport, there is no outlook on when it will be possible to have an overnight connection in Narita, currently not allowed.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
So it sounds like Marriott has nothing as convenient to NRT as the Hilton Narita, where I have done over a dozen prior overnight connections.

Yes, this anticipated stay is still in the planning stages, as I am not yet eligible for admission to Japan.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
So it sounds like Marriott has nothing as convenient to NRT as the Hilton Narita, where I have done over a dozen prior overnight connections.

Yes, this anticipated stay is still in the planning stages, as I am not yet eligible for admission to Japan.
Hilton is the only international chain with presence that close. I believe the Radisson was reflagged.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Hello everyone. Looking for a three night stay next April prior to a cruise. This will be our first visit to Tokyo so want to be in a location suitable for tourism. I am life time Platinum. While I have over 500,000 reward points available, I would prefer to pay and use the points in Singapore at end of cruise.

Appreciate any suggestions
Old May 28, 2022, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rstidolph
Hello everyone. Looking for a three night stay next April prior to a cruise. This will be our first visit to Tokyo so want to be in a location suitable for tourism. I am life time Platinum. While I have over 500,000 reward points available, I would prefer to pay and use the points in Singapore at end of cruise.

Appreciate any suggestions
What are you looking for in the hotel, a solid place to stay, a good hotel experience, or high-end luxury?

Tokyo is a large city, and where ever you pick you are bound to need to move around quite a bit.

The AC Ginza will give you a solid place to stay, a good central location, and lots of transport options. For the luxury option, I'd keep an eye out to see if the Tokyo Edition Ginza opens when tourism is allowed once again.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What are you looking for in the hotel, a solid place to stay, a good hotel experience, or high-end luxury?

Tokyo is a large city, and where ever you pick you are bound to need to move around quite a bit.

The AC Ginza will give you a solid place to stay, a good central location, and lots of transport options. For the luxury option, I'd keep an eye out to see if the Tokyo Edition Ginza opens when tourism is allowed once again.
Looking for a good hotel, that includes breakfast for platinum. Do not need luxury. I’m assuming first day will be spent at the hotel after the long flight. I would like to budget in the 3 to 4 hundred dollar range. April days are just starting to show up on the Bonvoy site. Did not see the AC Gina listed yet.

Thank you for your help.
Old May 29, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Hilton is the only international chain with presence that close. I believe the Radisson was reflagged.
Don’t forget the Crowne Plaza.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:06 am

In trying to plan for April 2023 I am finding a lack of availability for April. Do Tokyo hotels not list 11 months out?
Old May 31, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In trying to plan for April 2023 I am finding a lack of availability for April. Do Tokyo hotels not list 11 months out?
I can see plenty of options in the app both cash and redemption options. Any specific dates you are looking at, or specific hotels?
Old May 31, 2022, 7:57 am

I have a tentative reservation on hold for the Tokyo Marriott for April 12 to 15. Was hoping to book the AC Ginza, but is saying sold out. This holds true for all dates in 2023 that I tried.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
I have a tentative reservation on hold for the Tokyo Marriott for April 12 to 15. Was hoping to book the AC Ginza, but is saying sold out. This holds true for all dates in 2023 that I tried.
AC Ginza's availability on the Marriott site is flaky, particularly for reward stays. In checking last year, I found that award availability doesn't show up for distant dates, but does as the stay date gets closer.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
AC Ginza's availability on the Marriott site is flaky, particularly for reward stays. In checking last year, I found that award availability doesn't show up for distant dates, but does as the stay date gets closer.
Thank you. It is not even working for cash booking.

I will hold on to the reservation I have and keep checking.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, they probably have not loaded anything yet for the AC. I also see the CY Ginza missing. Both are operated by Tobu, and the CY has been notorious for not loading inventory much more than 6 months out.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Thank you. It is not even working for cash booking.

I will hold on to the reservation I have and keep checking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.