Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
The IT issues are definitely bad right now. I submitted a SNA request that has gone completely wonky (details here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30398387-post228.html).

So far I've had 4 calls with customer support trying to solve it.

#1 (Marriott line), yesterday: Didn't know how SNAs work at all.
#2 (SPG line), yesterday: Could see the request but couldn't open it ("my system is just showing an hourglass").
#3 (SPG line), today: Told me that hotel doesn't participate in SNA, and couldn't find the request that the website tells me is pending ("I'm still showing all 20 SNAs in your account" -- I never had 20 to begin with). Hung up on me.
#4 (SPG line), today: Also told me that hotel doesn't participate in SNA, eventually found the request on her side after about half an hour, but also says I have zero SNAs in my account (also wrong).

It is amazing how badly the systems integration is working, at least for this particular feature.

Also I find sometimes when I refresh my overview page, my reservations disappear and reappear periodically.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by chriseng
The IT issues are definitely bad right now. I submitted a SNA request that has gone completely wonky (details here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30398387-post228.html).

#2 (SPG line), yesterday: Could see the request but couldn't open it ("my system is just showing an hourglass").
#3 (SPG line), today: Told me that hotel doesn't participate in SNA, and couldn't find the request that the website tells me is pending ("I'm still showing all 20 SNAs in your account" -- I never had 20 to begin with). Hung up on me.
#4 (SPG line), today: Also told me that hotel doesn't participate in SNA, eventually found the request on her side after about half an hour, but also says I have zero SNAs in my account (also wrong).

It is amazing how badly the systems integration is working, at least for this particular feature.

Also I find sometimes when I refresh my overview page, my reservations disappear and reappear periodically.
See? Everything is working and 'all system are up and running'.

My experiences mirror yours.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by chriseng

I’m sorry you’re experiencing such headaches. Clearly, the IT for applying and sorting SNAs still is having issues for at least the property you were intending.

If you don’t mind me asking, what hotel was it, or at least what brand is it? I’d like to believe it’s a legacy Marriott property.

The IT still has issues, obviously. But if the worst you can’t do is apply SNAs to a certain hotel right now, I think you’ll be OK in the end. Chances are decent that the SNA and other IT systems will be sorted by the end of the year, giving you still all or certainly much of 2019 to use your SNAs.

Dont forget that you also now qualify for space available Platinum suite upgrades at check-in, and certainly higher category room upgrades, even if you can’t use SNAs or that issue doesn’t get sorted in time. Without the merger and integration, clumsy as it has been, you wouldn’t have had any guaranteed suite upgrade benefit or SNA chances at any Marriott hotels.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’m sorry you’re experiencing such headaches. Clearly, the IT for applying and sorting SNAs still is having issues for at least the property you were intending.

If you don’t mind me asking, what hotel was it, or at least what brand is it? I’d like to believe it’s a legacy Marriott property.
Yep, it is. The JW Grosvenor House in London. Ironically, the post two posts above mine in the other FT thread I linked is somebody whose SNA request cleared at that very same property a couple days prior.

The IT still has issues, obviously. But if the worst you can’t do is apply SNAs to a certain hotel right now, I think you’ll be OK in the end. Chances are decent that the SNA and other IT systems will be sorted by the end of the year, giving you still all or certainly much of 2019 to use your SNAs.

Dont forget that you also now qualify for space available Platinum suite upgrades at check-in, and certainly higher category room upgrades, even if you can’t use SNAs or that issue doesn’t get sorted in time. Without the merger and integration, clumsy as it has been, you wouldn’t have had any guaranteed suite upgrade benefit or SNA chances at any Marriott hotels.
Yep, agreed. It's just that these expire at the end of 2018 so they'll probably go to waste. You're right, it's a small annoyance in the grand scheme of things. It's clear they rushed to roll out the software integration before they'd done anywhere near an appropriate level of testing, and that's what's continued to frustrate me personally.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Interestingly I was interviewed earlier this week by Bloomberg on a hotel/ real estate issue unrelated to Marriott. When I mentioned the IT fiasco, the reporter had never heard of the problems even though he covers the sector. He said he will look into it.

Amazes me how people don't seem to know issues or Marriott PR had obfuscated the problems.

Unless Marriott fixes IT issues soon, the hit on revenue will become apparent in Q4 and Q1 after people requalify for status and shift elsewhere and as they make new bookings rather than those done before IT and CS problems became so apparent as only the mad keep booking under the current situation.

I had a nice stay at a Shangri-La this week, even upgraded to exec lounge access. Oh yes, for fun, I checked the Marriott app and couldn't find the Marriott hotel in the city in which I was staying...

On the positive side, I finlly received points for flying with China Eastern and can see my activity again which was down for a month. Hopefully it means they will fix things.

But unless they make a cultural change, the relationship is now transactional rather than based on and sense of loyalty.

I am still boycotting paid stays
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Although Marriott has had several IT shortcomings since combining loyalty programs, my biggest concern with Marriott is lackluster corporate customer service. Hyatt has had a spotty IT customer experience for years, however I had confidence that Hyatt's customer service reps could work through it and provide booking or handle loyalty points transactions successfully. I am just not feeling it with Marriott's corporate customer service.

I don't feel like I am boycotting Marriott, however in August, my US AMEX SPG card hit the sock drawer, and won't likely see the light of day again. I will pick and choose Marriott hotels (mostly legacy SPG Luxury Collection) that best suit me, if they are the best option in their cities.

Even if Marriott gets awesome IT, Marriott's crappy customer service and watered down loyalty program will prevent them from being my first choice as a matter of loyalty. SPG got my loyalty in the past. Needless to say, I am not waiting for Godot, nor for Marriott's IT to become excellent.
estnet, UA-NYC and getagb like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Well, Marriott's revenue dropped and stock plummeted last night. .
And in the week since your post, the stock price has gone up almost 5 bucks a share ^

I say goodbye and don't look back...
And the world gives one big collective yawn.

The Marriott/Ritz/Starwood merger is barely 3 months old, and the progress is remarkable - certainly compared to similar corporate mergers like United/Continental which had IT problems for years. A big thanks to Marriott for minimizing the impact, and working every day to solve the problems a merger of this size was sure to bring on.

As for all the whiny malcontents who are jumping off the Starriott ship (or at least claim they are), I wish you good luck. More room on the ship's deck for the rest of us to enjoy all of the Marriott benefits.
Don't slam the door on the way out......lol

Newman
kennycrudup and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:12 pm

My stay at a hotel got magically extended by one night and they said it was due to the system switchover.

Luckily I checked otherwise I'd have been in for a shock on the extra night charge.
Had to call in to customer service to get the rate changed back since it has increased since but even they were having problems doing it...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Marriott's ... stock plummeted last night
Originally Posted by Newman
And in the week since your post, the stock price has gone up almost 5 bucks a share
Yeah, when I saw his post (then the BHRubin and C17PSGR ones explaining the trend was industrywide that day) I just thought "Come back next week", single bumps don't really tell you anything.
Newman likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I suspect that your opinion is more fringe noise than you’d like to admit.
Noooooooo!!!! You're suggesting that Flyertalk's issues aren't the single most dominant pressing concern of the Marriott C-suite? DON'T THEY KNOW WHO WE ARE?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.