Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Well, rewards reservations would qualify as well. I did a quick search of PDX on the website, and there are some cat 3 hotels for 17,500 points per night. Then the 5th night would be free. Assuming 20 nights are needed, and you booked them to maximize the free 5th night, that would still be 280K points. That's a lot of points.

Another alternative would be to contact a salesperson at one of the hotels. If you need to book 20 nights or more, then maybe you can negotiate a deal of some sort with the hotel.

Good luck!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If booking long stays and not actually staying, OP needs to be carful that housekeepers will report the room as unoccupied and OP will be automatically checked out, losing most of the later nights of the stay.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jeanie
Well, rewards reservations would qualify as well. I did a quick search of PDX on the website, and there are some cat 3 hotels for 17,500 points per night. Then the 5th night would be free. Assuming 20 nights are needed, and you booked them to maximize the free 5th night, that would still be 280K points. That's a lot of points.

Another alternative would be to contact a salesperson at one of the hotels. If you need to book 20 nights or more, then maybe you can negotiate a deal of some sort with the hotel.

Good luck!
Yes ... but as noted, the housekeeper will check you out if nothing is happening for 20 nights. And sometimes hotels negotiate away points as part of a deal. If I was looking for 10 days, I'd search a FI/Aloft/Element close to home and look for some slow weekends under $100, make some three day weekends, check-in, get the $10 voucher, mess up the bed ... but I'd do it sooner, rather than later.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Yes ... but as noted, the housekeeper will check you out if nothing is happening for 20 nights. And sometimes hotels negotiate away points as part of a deal. If I was looking for 10 days, I'd search a FI/Aloft/Element close to home and look for some slow weekends under $100, make some three day weekends, check-in, get the $10 voucher, mess up the bed ... but I'd do it sooner, rather than later.
Depending on the brand and your schedule, you can also graze at the evening reception, claim a free breakfast, enjoy the pool or gym, etc. You cn get some value beyond the night credits in most cases, even if you don't want to spend the night.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Any one got their LTPP under the new years and nights crieteria?

My combined account shows me to have 1,139 nights and 13 yeas as Platinum. My lifetime status shows me as LTP. As I understand it, I will be converted to LTPP in Jan 2019. Was wondering however if ANY ONE has already received their LTPP using nights and years as plat?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
If you have a surplus of points and live near Category 1 (or 2) hotels, book 5 night stays on points and check in (leave a bag, mess the bed, and brings some toiletries). Stop by every day or two and check out. Repeat as needed. I did this over the summer and found it the best way to get to my goals.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Retired FF
My combined account shows me to have 1,139 nights and 13 yeas as Platinum. My lifetime status shows me as LTP. As I understand it, I will be converted to LTPP in Jan 2019. Was wondering however if ANY ONE has already received their LTPP using nights and years as plat?
I am in a similar situation as you with more than enough LT nights and years plat in the MR program alone. When I add years plat in the SPG program, I'm way over

anyway, I've been checking and I'm still LTP - I don't expect any LTPP until sometime in Jan.

It would be nice if they did it now but no biggie really [at least for me] to have to wait till Jan.

I too would be interested to know - if anyone in the same boat did get that coveted early LTPP upgrade in advance of the stated Jan 2019 conversion
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Go to the Overview page, scroll down to where it says your lifetime status (between current status and certificates), and click on the arrow on the right,
Thank you - never have seen this page before

So here is what I see when I get to my page
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1XXX

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: XX

Years as Gold or Platinum: XX-1 [No idea what year I was ever silver LOL]

Years as Platinum: XX-4 = Wayyyy more than 10

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
Question - these LT qualification numbers above look like the old MR status tiers [or is it?]
If it is the current status tiers, Where is LTPP?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Thank you - never have seen this page before

So here is what I see when I get to my page
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1XXX

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: XX

Years as Gold or Platinum: XX-1 [No idea what year I was ever silver LOL]

Years as Platinum: XX-4 = Wayyyy more than 10

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
Question - these LT qualification numbers above look like the old MR status tiers [or is it?]
If it is the current status tiers, Where is LTPP?
Those are current (old MR included points but not years). LTPP is omitted, I assume because it won't be earnable after December. But if it showed, it would say 750 nights and 10 years of Platinum.

Your LT status will update in January.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Retired FF

Same status as yours (1036 nights and 17 yeas as Platinum). Hopeful to get LTPP in Jan'2019!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I don't see that warning yet, but good to know.
Before I combined accounts it only showed 3 years of Platinum, however I first earned Plat in 2012 and have qualified as Plat or PP every year since then. One year I did get a soft landing from PP to Plat when I really only earned Gold. (There is a 3-yr nights number that can keep you Plat.) So I was showing way low in the app. When I combined, I got 1 more year of Plat and 1 year of Gold added even though I NEVER earned any status in SPG, only been matched. So that is all messed up right now.
I am hoping that once my 15 nights come in from the card that I will clear Plat again this year (7th) and move up to LT Gold.
I have 17 platinum status between two programs, which seems high. It should be about 11. I suspect they have converted MR Gold to platinum and counted SPG platinum status twice,which would make it 17.

Last edited by dealhunter999; Aug 29, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by dealhunter999
I have 17 platinum status between two programs, which seems high. It should be about 11. I suspect they have converted MR Gold to platinum and counted SPG platinum status twice,which would make it 17.
Likewise

my LTP numbers seem extremely high - to the point where I have no idea how they came up with that number.

My ball park estimate is my LT Plat numbers [Plat in the Old MR and Plat in the Old SPG] are ~60% of what they are showing with my activity and LT stats.

You may be right, if they include the old program MR gold and SPG gold, it might be right although even that would seem a little high. then if they counted my status in the old Sheraton Club Intl in the 90's then I could see how they got a number as large as they did.

That said and done, I know for certain that I have > 10 years in the old MR Plat program alone so its all a moot point for me anyway
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

You may be right, if they include the old program MR gold and SPG gold, it might be right although even that would seem a little high. then if they counted my status in the old Sheraton Club Intl in the 90's then I could see how they got a number as large as they did.
Old MR Gold should be included as it's the 50 night level. SPG Gold should not.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:31 pm

Over 90 minutes on the phone and they couldn't fix merging my accounts.

Now have spent over 20 hours of my time dealing with merger related issues and HAVE NO RESOLUTION!!!!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
If I choose the elite night benefits for my 50 and 75 night benefit, do those nights count toward my lifetime night total?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.