Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by AAir_head
Not sure how M+ elites feel about their MB status...
Like we just earned AAdvantage Gold.

David
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: AA: PP, MM/LTG | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LT Ti | HH Diamond | IHG PLT | Avis PC | National Executive
Originally Posted by DELee
Like we just earned AAdvantage Gold.

David
Given AA GLD and UA SLV are pretty much equivalent, I suppose that may be true.

cheers!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Not really. Anyone with a number of Platinum years earned through SPG with 25 (short) stays instead of 50 nights could easily be well short of 600.
Ah, forgive me, I am outing myself as a legacy-Marriott person That makes sense then
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by vhfiv
It's more common than you'd think due to the SPG merger. I know I'm not the only person who got some phantom years thrown in via the SPG/Marriott status matching they had before the programs were technically merged. I believe in 2017-18 I only stayed 5-6 SPG nights each year but got the 50-night tier matched across from Marriott and then when they merged the programs it appeared that I got 2 platinum years for each calendar year due to the match.
I can't speak for how the user above got to 8 yrs and nowhere near 600 nights, but I'm pretty that there are a number of people like me with artificially inflated year counts (big thanks to Marriott IT, unsarcastically!).
I guess if I was smarter about this before the merger maybe I could have had some phantom years added to my account. lol!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That seems unlikely. UA SLV for MB Ti is not a "lifetime" arrangement--lifetime of the Mileage Plus - Marriott Bonvoy Rewards-Plus arrangement, perhaps; but certainly NOT lifetime UA SLV status...

PS - I signed up for this when it started with the old MR Program (can't remember how long ago--4 years?) and have been granted UA SLV each year since...but haven't stepped foot on a UA flight in 6 years. In the UA M+ scheme of things, SLV isn't great--but it does have usable benefits if I ever need them, thus considered a potentially valuable perk. Not sure how M+ elites feel about their MB status...

cheers and happy travels!
UA Silver isn't worth much. Maybe for the occasional fliers, it may mean something since it's free luggage. I'll take it since I have nothing to lose. I'm now 7 nights away from Titanium status for the first time in my life!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by lsquare
UA Silver isn't worth much. Maybe for the occasional fliers, it may mean something since it's free luggage. I'll take it since I have nothing to lose. I'm now 7 nights away from Titanium status for the first time in my life!
UA Silver isn't great, but UA Nobody is dreadful.

I avoid checking bags, but even on business routes, Silver can get a good chance at a decent aisle seat, and early enough boarding to not have to gate check your carry on.
SPN Lifer, kennycrudup and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
UA Silver isn't great, but UA Nobody is dreadful.

I avoid checking bags, but even on business routes, Silver can get a good chance at a decent aisle seat, and early enough boarding to not have to gate check your carry on.
lol! Don't get me wrong, like I said earlier, it's better than nothing. Once I have tasted status, I rather have some level of status than no status even on UA especially if I fly trans-pacific.
AAir_head likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AA: PP, MM/LTG | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LT Ti | HH Diamond | IHG PLT | Avis PC | National Executive
UA Silver isn't worth much. Maybe for the occasional fliers, it may mean something since it's free luggage....
Precisely. And also:

Originally Posted by swag
UA Silver isn't great, but UA Nobody is dreadful...Silver can get a good chance at a decent aisle seat, and early enough boarding to not have to gate check your carry on.
...not to mention an occasional shot at an upgrade on some small-market and/or low-density days/times (if there is such a thing anymore...). UA's UDUs don't require stickers like AA's program, so there's no skin in it for me either way. UA is a fallback for me since AA is my preferred airline, so it's nice to have UA SLV in my pocket for that rare necessity.

SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Precisely. And also:

...not to mention an occasional shot at an upgrade on some small-market and/or low-density days/times (if there is such a thing anymore...). UA's UDUs don't require stickers like AA's program, so there's no skin in it for me either way. UA is a fallback for me since AA is my preferred airline, so it's nice to have UA SLV in my pocket for that rare necessity.

I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I think if there's ever a good time to travel as a UA silver, it's probably now.
SPN Lifer and AAir_head like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a total noob to Marriott's lifetime program, I'm just wondering when will I reach 10 years? I initiated the Platinum challenge in 2019 and successfully passed it. I'm assuming that year will count and if so, then I'll reach my 10 years in 2029?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:28 am

As a total noob to Marriott's lifetime program, I'm just wondering when will I reach 10 years? I initiated the Platinum challenge in 2019 and successfully passed it. I'm assuming that year will count and if so, then I'll reach my 10 years in 2029?
If Marriott is still in business, Bonv*y still exists, and they haven’t made any changes to the rules as they stand...maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Stay positive; all of that could happen!

Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just hit LT Silver and very happy to get rid of that white background and get it replaced by a beautiful silver background on the LT-page in the app haha. Now my points will never expire so one less thing to worry about.
Gold is pretty too and aiming now for that. 259 Nights now and 141 nights to go.

I'm afraid how travel will sustain next year. I don't think Marriott can afford to extend status and give away Elite nights next year, so 2021 will be a rough travel year. Hopefully I'll reach Platinum in 2021 now when I've got a Bonvoy credit card. Perhaps in 2022 everything will almost be back to normal and regular travel patterns and what else.
​​
Happy to be a member of the LT club anyways!
hyedmd likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
probably obvious, but you would need platinum or other status for those years. Best way to see if your last year counted is to look at your lifetime ticker on the website. It should show last year but not this year yet.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I am just checking to see other’s results. I looked last night at some screen shots I took on my Marriott account. Sometime in 2018 I made lifetime Platinum Premier. In 2019 I was “notified” that I made LTT by looking at my account and seeing the change. The thing is my lifetime years counter, has not moved at all since 2018, I have been at ten years for Titanium since 2018, I know I made it in 2018, and in 2019 anybody’s move that became LTT in 2019?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by OTPorBust
I am just checking to see other’s results. I looked last night at some screen shots I took on my Marriott account. Sometime in 2018 I made lifetime Platinum Premier. In 2019 I was “notified” that I made LTT by looking at my account and seeing the change. The thing is my lifetime years counter, has not moved at all since 2018, I have been at ten years for Titanium since 2018, I know I made it in 2018, and in 2019 anybody’s move that became LTT in 2019?
I am LTT and have experienced this too (LT Elite years not incrementing since hitting LTT). I mentioned this in another thread and iirc someone else said they had it happen to them, so I do think it’s a “thing”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.