Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
However, this is minor glitch as I had noted how many times my SPG metal card was instrumental in obtaining me an upgraded room for being a special customer.
You actually had to show the card to prove your status, they didn't believe what was in the system? Or are you saying it was because the card had your title printed on it? It would be helpful to know at which properties this was necessary.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
However, this is minor glitch as I had noted how many times my SPG metal card was instrumental in obtaining me an upgraded room for being a special customer.

My card stays at home. I get amazing suite upgrades all the time. Wonder what you're doing wrong!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
I'd be happy to just receive a "membership card." Ever since the LT Titanium sweep that we had to wait a long time for, I've asked Marriott how to get a membership card. I've been told, "it's on line" [no, because the online "card" does not show the name of the LT Titanium member nor elite phone numbers] or "We don't send actual membership cards any more."
Way back in the mid-1980s, I got two metal luggage tags from them. Wonder whatever happened to them...
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
This AM I received my new Life Titanium Elite card, which like my SPG LIfetime Platinum card, is metal. We heard that new cards were coming months ago but other posters on this board have pointed out that nothing seems to happen despite their inquiries. When I looked how my name was presented, the Dr. preceding my mane was not included although the greeting in the correspondence from Marriott Bonvoy to me included "Dr." I checked my metal SPG Lifetime Platinum card, as well as my Lifetime Platinum Elite Marriott card and both identified me as "Dr". I then called the Bonvoy Elite desk and the agent told me the card cannot reflect "Dr" as it was not programmed as such. She also offered to send me another card, which I rejected unless the new card reflected my title as "Dr". When I pushed back requesting a new card, I was told this is the way it is, and then after the agent finished speaking, we immediately got cutoff! (I did not hang up on the agent).
A second call back reached another agent who said she would pass on my request to those in charge of the cards.
Have you considered legally changing your first name to "Doctor?"
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Next year when I hit lifetime Plat I wonder if I can get them to put ESQ after my name?
ackpfft likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Why do they make everything so hard on themselves.

So they know there are Internet forums. They even have their own. Why would they send these cards out in such a manner that it is weeks between the first arrivals and the last. I live in Portland, Oregon, perhaps you guys have heard of it? Have yet to receive my “pkg”. While I don’t really give a crap about their LTT card, I want to know why I have not received mine, when lots of other people have. They don’t like me as much? A few extra bucks and this whole problem goes away and there is not potential of pissing people off.

Months ago there was a target promotion, some people even got gift cards. I did not get any of that either. And now I am card-less. They do it to themselves and to me, have no clue. I recently tried to do the BRG. They have people there that can’t add, subtract and do basic simple math skills. It’s all in the details, and their details suck.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CIT85
What is the metal? Heavy, non-magnetic and stiff.
Definitely not Titanium. Probably Stainless steel. Way too heavy, definitely won't be in my wallet. It will stay at home, or in the case of my upcoming trip in my travel folio as my RC and JW stays are group bookings through Tauck and don't have my MR number on the reservations.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ceber
So they know there are Internet forums. They even have their own. Why would they send these cards out in such a manner that it is weeks between the first arrivals and the last. I live in Portland, Oregon, perhaps you guys have heard of it? Have yet to receive my “pkg”. While I don’t really give a crap about their LTT card, I want to know why I have not received mine, when lots of other people have. They don’t like me as much? A few extra bucks and this whole problem goes away and there is not potential of pissing people off.

Months ago there was a target promotion, some people even got gift cards. I did not get any of that either. And now I am card-less. They do it to themselves and to me, have no clue. I recently tried to do the BRG. They have people there that can’t add, subtract and do basic simple math skills. It’s all in the details, and their details suck.
I'm in exactly the same position as you, but in Chicago. Still no LT card, which I couldn't really care less about. If I never get it, I suppose nothing will change, so no reason to get angry.

I am disappointed though that so many people seemed to get the targeted promotion and I didn't. Other than the promotions publicly available on the website, I've never received any kind of extra appreciation from Marriott. It's not that I expect it, but when everyone else is getting it, you wonder what makes them special.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by JBord
I am disappointed though that so many people seemed to get the targeted promotion and I didn't. Other than the promotions publicly available on the website, I've never received any kind of extra appreciation from Marriott. It's not that I expect it, but when everyone else is getting it, you wonder what makes them special.
It's difficult to divine from a forum like this, but perhaps it's 50/50 favored/unfavored. I certainly have fallen into the unfavored category and even with two lengthy back-to-back award stays this summer, I was neither surprised nor delighted. Nor sent any sort of gift card. I do really enjoy the nice pens they sent out, though.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
the Dr. preceding my mane was not included
She also offered to send me another card, which I rejected unless the new card reflected my title as "Dr".
I have another suggestion for a change to your first name....But I don't want to be banned.

(Btw, are you a lion?)
DJ_Iceman and kennycrudup like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
It's difficult to divine from a forum like this, but perhaps it's 50/50 favored/unfavored. I certainly have fallen into the unfavored category and even with two lengthy back-to-back award stays this summer, I was neither surprised nor delighted. Nor sent any sort of gift card. I do really enjoy the nice pens they sent out, though.
Pens?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
This AM I received my new Life Titanium Elite card, which like my SPG LIfetime Platinum card, is metal. We heard that new cards were coming months ago but other posters on this board have pointed out that nothing seems to happen despite their inquiries. When I looked how my name was presented, the Dr. preceding my mane was not included although the greeting in the correspondence from Marriott Bonvoy to me included "Dr." I checked my metal SPG Lifetime Platinum card, as well as my Lifetime Platinum Elite Marriott card and both identified me as "Dr". I then called the Bonvoy Elite desk and the agent told me the card cannot reflect "Dr" as it was not programmed as such. She also offered to send me another card, which I rejected unless the new card reflected my title as "Dr". When I pushed back requesting a new card, I was told this is the way it is, and then after the agent finished speaking, we immediately got cutoff! (I did not hang up on the agent).
A second call back reached another agent who said she would pass on my request to those in charge of the cards.
If this card is of similar metal to the SPG Lifetime Platinum card, it will set off the alarm at TSA airport metal sensing equipment. However, this is minor glitch as I had noted how many times my SPG metal card was instrumental in obtaining me an upgraded room for being a special customer.
Dr. cfischer will be happy to receive any LT card from Marriott. Honestly, if this is important to you ... my condolence.
X-ON, JBord and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
Pens?
Yeah, might've been an Ambassador thing, actually - came along with some sort of laptop sleeve kit that's been posted about quite extensively here (awhile back earlier this year).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
My new card weighs exactly 1 ounce.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I am Ambassador and received a plastic Ambassador card a couple of months ago. I also just received my metal LT Titanium card. It weighs the same as my J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Visa.
Boraxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.