Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Wow, my numbers went up early January, but just got another number and finally hit lifetime platinum! Wohooo
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The only nice thing about being Lifetime Titanium is that I never even look at my nights anymore. I know I won't hit Ambassador in a given year since I only travel for leisure now. I'm also a lot less loyal, especially when I know I'm not really going to get any benefits. Congrats to all those who became LT anything.
kennycrudup and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by aa4ever
For what it's worth, no luck for me - my ticker hasn't gone up yet on either app or website. I qualified for PLT last year (after being TIT/AMB for last 5+ years) so perhaps the downgraded ones take longer to tick up. This will be my 10th yr once it goes, so looking forward to LTP
Titanium here. My counter hasn't incremented yet either, still stuck at 9 years. Not that it matters, still a few nights behind for lifetime plat due to zero bonvoy activity during covid.

Curiously, if it takes longer than a week to increment, I'll already have earned platinum status for 2025 and thus the counter will be 2 years behind ... the joys of double EQNs!

Should hit 600 nights by next year though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Wow, my numbers went up early January, but just got another number and finally hit lifetime platinum! Wohooo
You can send your Bonvoy account details to the Lurkers here by IM and they'll get that error fixed for you in no time .
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:35 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Got the LT Platinum on both apps and website today. However, the milestone website still doesn't work for me. Does anyone know how long it takes for that website to be updated?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:37 pm

Oh no. I just logged into my account and my lifetime stats all disappeared, with years of silver, gold and plat all zero. However, the number of nights for 2023 and 2024 are still correct. My lifetime status just disappeared.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, Delta G, Marriott lt P
My lifetime plat came through today (or yesterday I suppose, I hadn't checked) as well. Was wondering what was going on as they'd already started crediting my nights for the year but my lifetime counter hadn't incremented. Oh well, glad that's finally ticked off.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Finally LT Platinum with 929 nights. Hope they won't water it down and becomes useless in the future
tattikat2 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
All you new lifers, don't forget to enroll yourself in the FlyerTalk roll call.

The FT Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Status Roll Call & Hall of Fame
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:26 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
No update yet?

Should be 10yrs LTP by now. But not yet updated? This is done by hand, like a manual audit? Amb this year so it doesn't matter, but it would be nice to finally cross this threshold.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by RichMSN
The only nice thing about being Lifetime Titanium is that I never even look at my nights anymore. I know I won't hit Ambassador in a given year since I only travel for leisure now. I'm also a lot less loyal, especially when I know I'm not really going to get any benefits. Congrats to all those who became LT anything.
Same here!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
All you new lifers, don't forget to enroll yourself in the FlyerTalk roll call.

The FT Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Status Roll Call & Hall of Fame
Late to the party but just updated the Wiki on that thread. My LTT was achieved under SPG on 1/3/2013, so a very long time ago and well before the Marriott takeover of SPG!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Lucky you.

My counter didn't increment early Jan, nor did it recently increment.

I actually don't even know for sure whether I should expect an increment at all... given the seemingly convoluted way Marriott decides when to increment the life time counter. Perhaps I'm just too dull to understand how Bonvoy works...
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Lucky you.

My counter didn't increment early Jan, nor did it recently increment.

I actually don't even know for sure whether I should expect an increment at all... given the seemingly convoluted way Marriott decides when to increment the life time counter. Perhaps I'm just too dull to understand how Bonvoy works...
Honestly, it was a complete shock. If you see on the thread, I've been fighting with Marriott for YEARS about my lifetime count, since I knew I was supposed to hit it in 2024. After dealing with multiple supervisors and showing all the evidence (I had 10 years of "you earned platinum" emails)... they still said I only had 9 years plat. I didn't have a number update in 2023, now I've had 2 in 2024

Bonvoy indeed works in mysterious ways...
JfromTheBay and gudugan like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:46 am

My lifetime stats have reappeared after having mysteriously disappeared (my years of silver, gold and plat went to zero all of a sudden) and I have finally made lifetime plat without a heart attack. I was invited to claim a gift and watch the one minute ten second video from the CEO. Towards the end of the video were a number of associates saying thank you in different languages, including English, Spanish, German, but not French. So a company headquartered in Bethesda and names its loyalty program Bonvoy omits French in the thank you?
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; Jan 20, 2024 at 10:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.