Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Good News: My count has updated! Bad news: Instead of going up a year, I’ve been reset to 0. Nights unaffected though.

I assumed it’s just an interim glitch during the annual counter update, but so far no one else seems to be experiencing the same issue. .-.

A little off topic, but is Marriott experiencing a mini IT meltdown? I’ve had a few IT issues in just 2020Q4.

1) I’ve had a stay not credit. When I submitted a missing stay request, Marriott was insistent that the stay was a third-party booking. Only when submitting extra supporting documentation during several back and forths did Marriott concede the stay credit. To this day no explanation on what caused the issue, even after contacting 3 different emails including the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker

2) Booked a reservation directly with a hotel over the phone. Tried to add to app, but no bueno, so had to call Bonvoy to add.

3) Booked another reservation with the same hotel above, now able to add to app without calling. Called to extend dates, but new dates did not update on app or website. Called again to reconfirm date change, agent confirmed. Even after a few days, reservation did not show new dates on app, so just cancelled the booking and rebooked over the phone with intended dates to apply SNAs.

4) Hotel in 2&3 confirmed suite upgrades in advance without SNA confirming, but app did not show upgraded room for entirety of both stays.

5) Sebastian at LoyaltyLobby posted about having issues using FN certs. Ironically though, this is an issue I’m not experiencing.

Last edited by ALGU; Jan 3, 2021 at 10:54 am
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
Man, I feel like an idiot for not starting this sooner. Maybe I could have been a LTT by now.
this is a big regret for many 😂 me included
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by kauppias
No more LTT!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
No more LTT!
I know Early bird gets the worm...

But its life for ya, too bad we didnt know, but I will settle for LTP in 3 years time!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know Early bird gets the worm...

But its life for ya, too bad we didnt know, but I will settle for LTP in 3 years time!
Where's the crying emoji when I need it? 8 more years for me to go...
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:42 pm

​​​​​​all in due time

I am that far on airlines, and Hilton 😂😂
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:38 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
There is a Twilight Zone episode like this: I’ll trade you 8 Plat Elite Marriott years for eight actual years. I’d enjoy being in my 50s again. Heck, you wanna be AA LT Plat as well? I’d be willing to talk a rotator cuff trade.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Same. I stretched and earned current LTP under old rules but wish I had gone even further to get LTT.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not sure what would keep someone loyal or even liking Marriott's original portfolio of hotels pre-SPG merger.
Necessity?
Economically?
Footprint?

I was commuting every week for work from 2009-2014 and was self-employed (i.e., paying my own way). MR had the greatest number of properties in the areas I were working, and since every dollar paid to Bill M and Co. was a dollar out of my pocket, I shopped for price- which meant I spent many nights sloughing it out in FI/CY on my way to LTTE and > 2500 nights (incl. bonuses and rollover). What I got along the way were some very nice points redemptions in some nice properties along with the status perqs that came along with it and I've been getting decent upgrades since the first year I made Plat back in '09 (FTers need to learn "the closed mouth don't get fed") and even CY/FI have bigger or better rooms, nice to have when you're there 4-5 nights a week for months at at time.

I don't imagine I'm all that unique, either.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Since women outlive men by 7 years, statistically she may have 13 years after me. That is why we bought spousal airline lounge life memberships, and why I am refraining from claiming a Social Security annuity until age 70. (I was the primary breadwinner.)
Considering how most people live the last 5 years of their life, especially in high age I wouldn't count on a hotel loyalty program and it's associated benefits playing a big part in anyone's life.

Wouldn't it be better to take social security asap once you're eligible even if you don't need it and then put the money into investments? Anything is better than the government watching over your funds and managing them.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
No, do the math. Social Security is essentially longevity insurance. So if you live longer than expected, you (or the survivor) come out ahead.

While one theoretically could earn more (or much more) investing (or speculating) early retirement proceeds, one could also lose them. I am not in a financial position to take such risks.

As for loyalty benefits not playing a “big part" in one's life, an appropriate role would suffice. That, indeed, is why one signs up for lifetime privileges. Each guest decides for himself or herself, in the context of family, friends, geography, travel habits, health, and other personal circumstances what that benefit usage may be.

Bonv°y!
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
No, do the math. Social Security is essentially longevity insurance. So if you live longer than expected, you (or the survivor) come out ahead.

While one theoretically could earn more (or much more) investing (or speculating) early retirement proceeds, one could also lose them. I am not in a financial position to take such risks.

As for loyalty benefits not playing a “big part" in one's life, an appropriate role would suffice. That, indeed, is why one signs up for lifetime privileges. Each guest decides for himself or herself, in the context of family, friends, geography, travel habits, health, and other personal circumstances what that benefit usage may be.

Bonv°y!
Since most public retirement systems and pension schemes are built on generational supply and population is getting older with lack of new citizens (contributing workers) I'm a bit less confident in the reliability of the social security system. Especially since the government can suddenly decide to do whatever. Of course this depends largely on the country, it's economic and judicative/legislative stability etc but if pushed in a corner and a pension system fails... disaster strikes. There was this Forbes article a while back and we're already pretty far down the rabbit hole.

As far as LT status is concerned I'm 100% certain to get screwed over by either company I currently have lifetime status with before coming even close to my natural expiration. At least I can't be disappointed when it actually happens. A bit like checkin in at a Marriott hotel.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
My LTP years have not increased after JAN 1 yet. From my screenshot history it did increase to the current value in JAN 2020... right after DEC19.

so go figure. I earned Titanium again this year, so not just sitting with no nights stayed.

should only be about 3 years to go here
Experiencing the same issue. In 2020, this appeared to get corrected by January 10 IIRC.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know LTT doesn't exist anymore, but the app doesn't seem to show how many years I've been Titanium. Is this normal?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I know LTT doesn't exist anymore, but the app doesn't seem to show how many years I've been Titanium. Is this normal?
Yes. It only shows years of Silver-Plat.
SPN Lifer, fotoflyer88 and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.