Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Winnings posted today minus two of the three 500-point wins. I'm not planning on calling the cops or anything.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nothing credited for me so far
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

got my 50s
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A FTer emailed me their points posted today, so I checked my account & all of mine have posted (correctly). I only had single 500 & 1,000 & a gazillion 50s, so can't address the potential glitch of those who won more than 1x500 or 1xhigher number only get the first ones posted.

BTW - based on several years of entering sweeps it's the norm, not the exception, for employees not to know their (large) corporation is running a sweepstakes or multiple sweepstakes & all the T&Cs associated w/ that/those sweeps, as it's usually a different department in charge of creating the sweeps which is normally administered by a 3rd party judging agency, & that's true whether it be MAR, Pepsi, Budweiser, Heineken, McDonald's, etc, so it doesn't surprise me that customer service isn't familiar w/ the sweeps/responses don't always make sense.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
got my 50s
Yeah, me too. Having them posted one at a time in activity makes me feel point-rich!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
nothing credited for me so far
Same here. I'm still waiting
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As has been determined by now, the posting of points is going in batches. Technically they're not due to post until end of December/January, so not sure of the point of posting early-mid December, haven't gotten anything yet posts.

And as margaritagirl stated upthread, this thread is going to get very long if everyone posts each day nothing received yet . Perhaps post if they've been received and are accurate or not. Even then, on the accurate part, the thread will go on & on.

As someone who enters sweeps on a regular basis, I've tried to explain how a lot of this works. You can take the info into consideration or not; your (generic your) choice.

But since I don't think the tenor of the thread is really going to change much, I'm checking out now & wish everyone the best. Time to move on (for me at least) to property threads, real IT screw-ups, etc. If anyone has questions re: sweeps, feel free to PM me.

Cheers.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
real IT screw-ups, etc
I think the point that's being missed here is that a lot of posters on this thread have noted that Marriott failed to launch this promotion when it said it would, changed the T&Cs part-way through, missed some basic proofreading howlers and seemingly adopted a drip-feed posting regime that's guaranteed to generate huge and unnecessary amounts of customer correspondence and badwill.

In the bigger picture, this raises fundamental questions about Mariotts basic professional competencies.
bosman, EDIflyer, Fizzer and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
As others have already reported, my 50pts wins posted accurately but only 1x500, rather than the 3x500 that my email win confirmations indicate, were included.

This would push me over 2m points but I'm not holding my breath on an accurate accounting happening anytime soon and will move over 1K UR as my stays are done for the year.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Nothing for me but my Mom received her 1K and a mess of 50s effective Dec 15.

Oddly, there is a message on her activity page that says her points expired in the year 2020.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I think you meant $6! ��

No, I did mean $60 *spend*. $60 spend x 10 points per dollar = 600 points. Not the purchase price of points or the redemption value whatever they may be.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ftrichard
No, I did mean $60 *spend*. $60 spend x 10 points per dollar = 600 points. Not the purchase price of points or the redemption value whatever they may be.
Ah I see!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA, Marriott
Originally Posted by paulbaxter

Got this bizarre response from Marriott.

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards. I am happy to help.

This request involves confidential information. To protect your privacy, we need to speak with you by phone. Within the United States and Canada please call 888-625-4988 or visit our website for the telephone number of the office nearest you.

Mr. Baxter, we appreciate you choosing Marriott as your partner in travel. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best Regards,

Moneise T.

Associate, Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC

I rang them and nothing confidential was discussed which makes the email even odder, but the upshot was they credited me the 500 points and added another 500 for the trouble!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
To add another data point, I just recently combined accounts, but prior to that had entered and won 50 points once through my SPG account, and entered and won 50 points like 10 times through my MR account. I have had 1 50 point award (which I assume is from my SPG account) post on 12/11, but none of the others.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Mine posted on 12/13. I didn't keep close track of all the 50 point wins, but it seems more or less correct. My 500 and 5,000 point wins are there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.