Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by uxb
Classic fail. I got 11 x 50 and 1 x 500. I'm owed 2 x 500. Do I bother chasing these points? Likely, no.
Were you due 11X50 or 10X50? If the latter, I think we are seeing a pattern here where Marriott is only posting 1X500 pt per account and replacing any others with 50 pts.

Folks, no need to post just to tell us you haven't received any points yet. This thread will get incredibly long for no reason since it would appear most people haven't received their points yet.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:36 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Were you due 11X50 or 10X50? If the latter, I think we are seeing a pattern here where Marriott is only posting 1X500 pt per account and replacing any others with 50 pts.

Folks, no need to post just to tell us you haven't received any points yet. This thread will get incredibly long for no reason since it would appear most people haven't received their points yet.
I was due 11x50 and got 11x50. I was also due 3x500 though, but only got 1x500. I thought maybe there was a cut-off to the batch processing, but my last two 500 wins were 24 Oct and 3 Nov with plenty of 50 pointers in between, so no.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just received my points, my 1000 and 3000 prices posted correctly, got 11 50 point prices. Can't be 100% sure that is the right number, as I never got confirmation emails. But hey, it is just a game and missing one or two times 50 points does not really matter.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:40 am

Lol Marriott is the worst. I called in today (3rd time this morning after being shortchanged over 20k on a recent hotel stay) to inquire about the points I supposedly won in this dumb promotion and I was actually told "this is not something Marriott would have ever promoted, sir". I had to direct two different supervisors to the website, as if it was so difficult to find. After 15 minutes, I was told that I didn't qualify for the 'megabonus' because I didn't complete any stays!! First, I literally just completed 2 stays... second, that's got nothing to do with this promo! I'm still on the phone btw... I was hung up on twice and transferred three times between Marriott and Starwood and nobody has ever heard of this dumb game.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I haven't had anything post yet although I should have multiple 'wins'.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:09 pm

I also inquired about missing points for the separate megabonus promo and was told that it ended in September... lol, it runs through January 2019.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:15 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by OliverB
Lol Marriott is the worst. I called in today (3rd time this morning after being shortchanged over 20k on a recent hotel stay) to inquire about the points I supposedly won in this dumb promotion and I was actually told "this is not something Marriott would have ever promoted, sir". I had to direct two different supervisors to the website, as if it was so difficult to find. After 15 minutes, I was told that I didn't qualify for the 'megabonus' because I didn't complete any stays!! First, I literally just completed 2 stays... second, that's got nothing to do with this promo! I'm still on the phone btw... I was hung up on twice and transferred three times between Marriott and Starwood and nobody has ever heard of this dumb game.
If it makes you feel better, I just had to interpret programme rules to a CS agent in re: our "platinum" "welcome gift" for AC Hotels. I knew more about her own stupid rewards programme than she did. Sad.
OliverB and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:48 pm

Well I'm on the horn for the third or fourth time this a.m. because I just realized that Marriott still shortchanged me 20K on my last stay, even after the 20K adjustment made this morning. This has consistently been the case with every single stay this past year; had I not called in multiple times (after double & triple checking my invoices) I'd probably have lost over 100,000 points due to their incompetence. The associate I'm speaking with now just told me that he was unable to calculate the exact amount of points earned due to problems in their system resulting from the merger that still haven't been resolved yet and so he just dumped a bunch of points in my account and asked if I was happy with it
uxb likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:58 am
uxb

Originally Posted by OliverB
Well I'm on the horn for the third or fourth time this a.m. because I just realized that Marriott still shortchanged me 20K on my last stay, even after the 20K adjustment made this morning. This has consistently been the case with every single stay this past year; had I not called in multiple times (after double & triple checking my invoices) I'd probably have lost over 100,000 points due to their incompetence. The associate I'm speaking with now just told me that he was unable to calculate the exact amount of points earned due to problems in their system resulting from the merger that still haven't been resolved yet and so he just dumped a bunch of points in my account and asked if I was happy with it
I had an agent like that also. Maybe it's the same one.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by rylan
I haven't had anything post yet although I should have multiple 'wins'.
Same with me.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
No postings from 29 ways for me yet (about 3600 points), but family members' points posted several days ago.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
No points posted for me. I didn’t play every day and the best I got was one 500 point win, everything else was 50 points or nothing. So about 1,200 points in total, not sure that is even worth chasing if they don’t get credited (I do have emails for each win).
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Well, some of my points posted today. I was shorted 4500 points. I will wait a week or so, and then get one of the lurkers to help me out if the rest don't post. I had 2 - 4000 point wins, and 2 - 500 point wins, but only one each of the 4000 and 500 posted. All of the 50 point wins were counted correctly, though.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
All 800 of mine (16 days x 50 each) posted on 12/11. I guess it’s simpler if you never won more than the 50 at a time...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:10 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
My wife's points posted last night, but mine still haven't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.