Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I love FT LOL A lot of FTers were kvetching, this is the WORST PROMO EVER, etc! Now they're WHERE ARE THE POINTS, etc?

Cheers.
Both can be valid without any logical inconsistency.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Both can be valid without any logical inconsistency.
True, but the angst/knashing of teeth, etc, is a bit, ok a LOT, funny. (especially when 99% of folk are complaining about some 50 points posting)

FWIW - and speaking only for myself - I'm using/saving my ire for a hotel stay where I should have gotten 40K points & only 3K posted on a paid stay & it's taking forever to get it sorted (and the screw up was pre-merger). THAT to me is more important.

Also, as noted up thread, I enter a lot of sweeps & am used to the your prize will be awarded 8-10 weeks after the sweeps end thing, so I'm not as fussed about it as some are.

I'm willing to wait to January to see if everything posts, if it posts correctly, & if not I'll get it sorted then.

Given how many important things need to happen re: IT before year-end, I'd truly recommend FTers wait until January before they lodge complaints, make multiple calls, re: the 29 Wins sweeps. Let's save the last 17-18 days of the year for the truly important stuff, not some (for most) measly extra points from a simple sweepstakes.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Dec 13, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Segments

On my cancellations, if you click for details it shows the order and cancellation history including dates and point value. So yes on top level activity page it shows net zero because the details shows ordered MMDDYY 35,000 points cancelled MMDDYY - 35,000 points so sum zero.

Of course my activity list also does identify the property involved.
I know this is off topic, but can you quickly walk me to where I can find this info? If it's there, and it's my own IT ineptitude that's the problem, I'll apologize to Arne for cussing his IT team to high heaven.

Here's a screenshot of the last 2 activities on my statement. There are no live links on either of these lines. I don't know where to look for details.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
activity.pdf (47.8 KB, 31 views)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
True, but the angst/knashing of teeth, etc, is a bit, ok a LOT, funny. (especially when 99% of folk are complaining about some 50 points posting)
I haven't carefully reviewed the thread, but I think the people who are making any noise are doing so over more than 50 points.

You also have people like me and uxb who specifically say we aren't going to spend much effort to chase down 1000 points.

I did point out to William that there may be something systemic going on in case they can do a blanket fix but I'm not going to be calling in for 1000 points myself.

FWIW - and speaking only for myself - I'm using/saving my ire for a hotel stay where I should have gotten 40K points & only 3K posted on a paid stay & it's taking forever to get it sorted (and the screw up was pre-merger). THAT to me is more important.
Is this the "only the currently most important thing on your plate is worth talking about" fallacy? I'll counter with "if they can't even get this right then how trustworthy is the system in general"

Also, as noted up thread, I enter a lot of sweeps & am used to the your prize will be awarded 8-10 weeks after the sweeps end thing, so I'm not as fussed about it as some are.
If nothing had posted yet, I'd be content to chill (and in fact I'm content to chill anyway, really, I just hate poor logic ). The hint that something is wrong, programmatically (which is qualitatively different from just a one-off thing getting dropped on the floor) is in the repeated pattern that multiple people have had everything post correctly EXCEPT multiples of prizes > 50.

Anyway complaining on internet message boards is much less of a time investment than calling in, waiting on hold, explaining what went wrong, and (based on experiences above) patiently explaining what the promo even was, etc.

I'm willing to wait to January to see if everything posts, if it posts correctly, & if not I'll get it sorted then.
That's fine with me too; but again pointing out the repeated pattern now may save them some time or help pinpoint where the programming error is (it might not be one, but given the pattern, Occam's Razor and all that). I guess we shouldn't try to be helpful
margarita girl and ftrichard like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well, to net it out, in terms of being helpful (and again I speak only for myself), I'd rather be pointing out IT errors that pertain to the bigger picture (aka, our accounts, massive points or stays not posting, award stays suddenly requiring deposits due to platform merge, etc, etc) than worrying about points from a sweeps. I'm one of those that have some bigger #s coming (although not super huge), in addition to the 50 pointers, but in the truly bigger scheme of things from an elite program/stays/points/status, etc, this is truly a blip on the radar IMO.

Fallacy or not, yes, for me right now, chasing the 40K points that I should have gotten from a paid stay is more important than worrying about some unexpected orphan points from a sweeps that will probably post & can also can be corrected after the new year when things settle down.

Again, I speak only for myself, but my recommendation is let's focus on the more important issues than this, if we're going to raise a fuss & try to be helpful .

And hey, some folk are complaining & calling in re: a sweepstakes that most CS folk wouldn't even know that MAR sponsored (just like they don't know about the NFL, NBA, promos, etc), so yeah, it's their time to waste, but is it a good waste of their time? Obviously only they can say, but if I were someone who had to raise a fuss over wondering whether I was getting hit w/ a $1K deposit on an award stay or whether some small amount of points from a sweeps had posted, I know where my priorities would be & what I would be PM'ing StarwoodLurker about, but again, that's just me.

If I get out to the SFBay area when you're doing one of your meet-ups, we can discuss this over a pint (well, ok two)

PS - And actually now that we're discussing sweeps, time for me to enter some sweepstakes & just a reminder to FTers that we have a contest sweeps forum on FT (not restricted to Marriott) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/free...eepstakes-223/ where FTers have won travel sweepstakes, including from some I posted, so good luck to those who decide to enter those.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:11 pm

If I get out to the SFBay area when you're doing one of your meet-ups, we can discuss this over a pint (well, ok two)
Deal after we solve poverty and world peace
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I know this is off topic, but can you quickly walk me to where I can find this info? If it's there, and it's my own IT ineptitude that's the problem, I'll apologize to Arne for cussing his IT team to high heaven.

Here's a screenshot of the last 2 activities on my statement. There are no live links on either of these lines. I don't know where to look for details.
Use the app not the webpage. Just confirmed what you are seeing and yes, from the webpage I see an entry similar to your image in my own log without live links. The app is much more user friendly than the webpage and provides more detail.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Segments

Use the app not the webpage. Just confirmed what you are seeing and yes, from the webpage I see an entry similar to your image in my own log without live links. The app is much more user friendly than the webpage and provides more detail.
Great tip. Thank you for the work around. I wonder why that information isn’t available on the website. Marriott IT still gets an F from me.

OK, back to regular programming.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Location: CO Plat (former), US Gold (former), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver (former)
Anyone get their 29 ways to stay promotion points yet?

Anyone get their 29 ways to stay promotion points yet? It has been over a month since the promotion ended.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I was wondering that myself but just checked the emails sent, and it does say 8-10 weeks, so a nice start to the points in 2019!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I just noticed mine posted overnight.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
Yes, I received them 2 days ago - all of the points. My GF and sister have not received theirs yet.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got mine.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:02 am

Also see my points posted just now. The post date is 12/14. However, no change in my wife's account.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Ti, Hilton Dia, MVC Chairman, Hertz PC, Royal Caribbean D+, MSC Diamond
Wife got points posted 2 days ago. My account nothing yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.