Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel, CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel, CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:55 am
Suspended

The rooms here are a dump. I was given an executive floor room away from the elevator. Outside of the newer TV it was like walking into 2002. I think that was around the last time the room was significantly renovated or updated. It had the furniture and color scheme that I haven't seen domestically for at least 3-4 years now and even back then those hotels were outdated. Furniture scratched and scuffed. No clock. No outlets by the bed. Dated bathroom. Turndown service was provided and included slippers, chocolate, and a bottle of water. No real elite status recognition besides the front desk staff member robotically saying my status level during check-in. As others said, no lounge. This is one of the few Marriotts I've ever stayed at without a lounge. However, you do get free mini-bar drinks (water, Pepsi and beer - no wine) in executive floor rooms. Restaurant breakfast is phenomenal. I also had dinner here. The restaurant is very good for an airport hotel restaurant, let alone any hotel restaurant. White tablecloths, good service, fresh food, and a good wine list. I guess you have to have that in France because the French know their food. If only more Marriotts back home in the US had this restaurant. The gym seemed the only part of the hotel outside the restaurant and lobby that have been renovated. If the guest rooms were from the early 2000s the hallways were from the 1990s. Literally. It was like a time machine. Hotel knows they are outdated. They have a canned response acknowledging room is a dump and that renovations are planned. With all of that, the location is okay if you have a rental car and want to spend a night before or after a road trip in France.

Last edited by icanneverflyenough; Nov 30, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Just as an update: The hotel now has an Executive Lounge on 4th floor, for eligible guests. The lounge is very small and therefore very crowded, but drinks and food offered are nice. It's open 7 days per week, both for breakfast and happy hour.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Just as an update: The hotel now has an Executive Lounge on 4th floor, for eligible guests. The lounge is very small and therefore very crowded, but drinks and food offered are nice. It's open 7 days per week, both for breakfast and happy hour.
Anyone know if this lounge is open currently? Considering an overnight here, but don't want to stay there if everything will be closed. Would rather go into the city.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Had a recent stay here, unlikely to stay again
  • Lounge is still not open. 750 points offered as compensation.
  • No breakfast until 7AM, before then there is a Nespresso machine in the lobby
  • Adjusting the heat in the room has no impact on the temperature in the room. Expect ~68F
  • Water in the sink and shower are both tepid, wasn't warm enough for me to take a shower
  • Shuttle only stops at T2, making the journey to T1 ~30 minutes since you have to take the shuttle then the train
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by nexus7556
Had a recent stay here, unlikely to stay again
  • Lounge is still not open. 750 points offered as compensation.
  • No breakfast until 7AM, before then there is a Nespresso machine in the lobby
  • Adjusting the heat in the room has no impact on the temperature in the room. Expect ~68F
  • Water in the sink and shower are both tepid, wasn't warm enough for me to take a shower
  • Shuttle only stops at T2, making the journey to T1 ~30 minutes since you have to take the shuttle then the train
I recently had a stay there as well and can only agree with the previous comment. However, there is no longer any compensation for the missing lounge. The only remaining benefit for Titanium members is the breakfast. Although I received a renovated room, it was located right next to the highway. It was unbearably loud because the windows are not soundproof. Never again. I would rather stay at the Moxy or Courtyard Hotel. There is simply no reason for Elite members to go to the sticks to stay at such a poor Marriott.
MaxFlyer and Phillbsb1979 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.