FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel, CDG, France [Master Thread]
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:55 am
icanneverflyenough
Suspended

The rooms here are a dump. I was given an executive floor room away from the elevator. Outside of the newer TV it was like walking into 2002. I think that was around the last time the room was significantly renovated or updated. It had the furniture and color scheme that I haven't seen domestically for at least 3-4 years now and even back then those hotels were outdated. Furniture scratched and scuffed. No clock. No outlets by the bed. Dated bathroom. Turndown service was provided and included slippers, chocolate, and a bottle of water. No real elite status recognition besides the front desk staff member robotically saying my status level during check-in. As others said, no lounge. This is one of the few Marriotts I've ever stayed at without a lounge. However, you do get free mini-bar drinks (water, Pepsi and beer - no wine) in executive floor rooms. Restaurant breakfast is phenomenal. I also had dinner here. The restaurant is very good for an airport hotel restaurant, let alone any hotel restaurant. White tablecloths, good service, fresh food, and a good wine list. I guess you have to have that in France because the French know their food. If only more Marriotts back home in the US had this restaurant. The gym seemed the only part of the hotel outside the restaurant and lobby that have been renovated. If the guest rooms were from the early 2000s the hallways were from the 1990s. Literally. It was like a time machine. Hotel knows they are outdated. They have a canned response acknowledging room is a dump and that renovations are planned. With all of that, the location is okay if you have a rental car and want to spend a night before or after a road trip in France.

Last edited by icanneverflyenough; Nov 30, 2019 at 3:10 pm