Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Checked out Aug 17, posted after Aug 18, which rules ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite

I had a 3 rooms BRG stay at an Element property checking out on Aug 17, expecting it to credit according to the old SPG rules.

When the stay posted a few days ago (10 days after checkout), it posted under the new rules (credit for one room only, 5000 BRG points, reduced earning at Element, Reduced Plat Amenity etc.). I raised this with the BRG team, and after a few miscommunications a Senior Best Rate Guarantee Associate has now informed me that:

"As your stay was posted after the merger began, the new integrated terms will prevail. This means that while you are able to earn points for up to three rooms (when staying in one room and settling all charges) you are only able to earn stay and night credit for the room you are staying in. The number of points to be awarded per room since the merger for an approved Best Rate Guarantee claim is 5,000."

Which is of course quite a surprise and highly unsatifying to me, since it's costing me 6 nights credit and several thousand points.

Has anybody else been given directions from SPG/MR on pre-18AUG multi-room and/or BRG stays stays posting after 18AUG ?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:30 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Seems like I am the only one with pre-conversion multi-room stay posting in the new system.

Lurkers, can you assist in clarifying the official position on how pre-conversion postings delayed due to SPG/MR system outtage are treated rule-wise ?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm in a similar position with a 3 room booking from from the 17th - 18th of august....i asked one of the lurkers this question & they said that the old rules would apply to this booking....the stay hasn't posted yet though so i don't know which set of rules they will eventually apply....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I had one such booking... Of course missing in the system... After contacting Marriott by email it finally booked.... using new rate...

When I argue with them they told me "under the new rule you get more points", then I did a calculation to prove that they are wrong after taking into account the old Platinum welcome gift... Not to mention that my status was Platinum 75 but only a mere Platinum Elite now (yes they still not fixing this...)... End up they used the new rate for Platinum Premier Elite to calculate my points entitlement but didn't give me the 1000 points welcome gift.... Nevertheless it's still a few hundred points more than calculated using the old system so I'll let it go...

But until they fix my status (PPE v.s. PE), I won't make any revenue stay with any of the Marriott properties to further complicate my issue...
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
my stay was lost when I checked out on the 17th. still hasn't posted yet. anybody else have that problem?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dunno282
my stay was lost when I checked out on the 17th. still hasn't posted yet. anybody else have that problem?
lots of people have reported similar problems....i had 2 nights from early august that had posted to my spg account but disappeared when i combined accounts....those nights are back in my account as of this morning....i also had a one night stay on the 17th that has still not posted....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.