Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Changes to upcoming old premerger reservation issues (not points)

Old Sep 6, 18, 4:51 am
formerly AtomicLush
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; Airline Free Agent (DH = AA EXP)

I saw a thread on issues with changes/cancellation to old pre-merger reservations for point stays, but what about paid stays? I made a change to an existing reservation that was non-refundable after a certain day. It said that it would show me any price differences and fees I would owe when I made the changes (which was none), but instead of the modification, the system automatically cancelled my old reservation and created a brand new one AND charged me again! So right now Iíve paid twice for this stay! I called central reservations - who said they donít know what happened ďbecause itís a new system to themĒ but they will send a case to the hotel to refund one of them. That was a week ago and crickets. I called the hotel a few days ago and spoke with their own reservation team that assured me a refund ďprobablyĒ went through, but they also donít have transparency into the new system. But even that was 2-3 days ago and no refund. Where do I need to escalate this to next? Itís so frustrating!
Old Sep 6, 18, 5:07 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'd just start a dispute with my Credit Card company.

It's going to take awhile for Mar/Star to get everything fixed on their own, just leave them out of this.
Old Sep 6, 18, 9:38 am
formerly AtomicLush
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; Airline Free Agent (DH = AA EXP)
Ok - I gave the hotel another call and asked to speak with an assistant manager this time. They were able to refund the duplicate charge after confirming that they do see both charges. They also expressed that it's not typical that modifications would result in a cancel/new reservation so it was a probably a glitch with the migration. Moral of the story is that the systems are crazy right now, and you might need to escalate to a hotel supervisor or manager to get things resolved, but the reps have all been very understanding and apologetic about the less-than-smooth transition.

Last edited by TravelLawyer; Sep 6, 18 at 1:57 pm

Search this Thread