Combine Accounts Update

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RogerD408
Wiki Link
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 22, 19, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Having issues with this.

My ex-SPG account has gold status from AMEX Platinum. It has no 'combine my account' option to click anywhere and 0 balance.

My ex-Marriott rewards account has been downgraded to silver despite being linked to the SPG account. It is a about to recieve a large(ish) number of points swept over from my SPG AMEX and I want to make a redemption imminently.

I have tried to follow the 'combine' process twice now, recieved the 'please wait 5 days' message but they haven't been combined.

HELP! I really want my ex-Marriott account to show gold before I redeem...
Old Mar 22, 19, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
Made my request a couple of weeks ago, but there has radio silence ever since, and my SPG account is still active. I have about one thousand points in what my old Starwood account. Not a lot, but I would like them. I should have just transferred them when I had the chance.

There is a circular click cycle on the web site. When I log in, there is a "Let's Do This" link to start the merge process. On the landing page for combining, there is a section; "Not sure if you combined yet?", next to a link for "View your Profile". Click on that, and the second item under "Personal Info", is "Combine My Former SPG & Rewards Accounts", with a link for "Start Now". Clicking on that takes me back to the the landing page for combining. And round and round we go...
I wonder if you could just transfer the points between accounts. That is legal. You would need to call a Marriott representative for that. I think the limit is 100,000 points per year, so you are well below that. You can just tell the rep that you have requested to combine the accounts, but that has been pending for a while. It's worth a try!
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw View Post
Having issues with this.

My ex-SPG account has gold status from AMEX Platinum. It has no 'combine my account' option to click anywhere and 0 balance.

My ex-Marriott rewards account has been downgraded to silver despite being linked to the SPG account. It is a about to recieve a large(ish) number of points swept over from my SPG AMEX and I want to make a redemption imminently.

I have tried to follow the 'combine' process twice now, recieved the 'please wait 5 days' message but they haven't been combined.

HELP! I really want my ex-Marriott account to show gold before I redeem...
I was in same situation, I got through to a helpful agent on the phone yesterday (calling the line for loyalty program issues). They said they would contact the back-end staff and find out why it is taking so long. Today my accounts have been combined.
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by rover99 View Post
I was in same situation, I got through to a helpful agent on the phone yesterday (calling the line for loyalty program issues). They said they would contact the back-end staff and find out why it is taking so long. Today my accounts have been combined.
Could you post the # for the loyalty program issues line?
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
Could you post the # for the loyalty program issues line?
I'm in the UK and I afaik they only have one UK number: 0080019271927. When it asked what I was calling regarding I just said "combine accounts" and then stayed on the line until it got through to a person.
Old Mar 25, 19, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rover99 View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past couple of weeks at merging accounts?
Happy to report that I logged in this morning and my accounts were finally combined. Took about three and a half weeks from the time I initiated on the website. Never got a follow-up email or any sort of communication about it, but it's at least it's been done!
Old Mar 25, 19, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
I also logged in today to find my accounts combined. I was one of those that didn't try to combine until recently, about 2 weeks ago. After 5 business days had not been combined , but in following up today I saw it had finally worked. I wanted to note that initially both accounts were linked to the same email, but at about day 6 I changed the email for one of the accounts, and wonder if that may have helped.
Old Mar 30, 19, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
The mergers are finally happening, but mine are still left out.
Old Apr 1, 19, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
WARNING Someone has hacked my SPG account making reservations at the Rome Westin. on the line with Marriott the agent denies this was associated when I look at the reservation it has my old information nothing updated so this leads me to believe it was hacked SPG.

Keep Checking you account
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I was linked to Gold status on both SPG and Marriott last program year. I have no stay activity on either account since August 2018. But, somehow SPG login number still shows Gold Elite but the Rewards login number shows Silver Elite. I'm going to request the accounts to be combined. I'll see what happens in the upcoming days or weeks.
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Just requested my accounts to be merged to my SPG login number. The web site is not working as it should. I attempted to initiate the combine accounts from by SPG account number login. It kept on putting my SPG number under the Marriott Rewards section. The web site would not allow be to change the number to the Rewards number. So, I logged into my MR number and the MR number correctly populated on the web site. Appears to be another glitch or oversight with the Marriott IT staff.
Old May 5, 19, 9:50 pm

Is there any use in combining very old unused SPG account with my Marriott account.
Old May 6, 19, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rustum76 View Post
Is there any use in combining very old unused SPG account with my Marriott account.
The only reason I can see if there are some points left, nights, and/or a longer life for the new account. Points and nights are obvious, but getting an earlier start date just might be a tipping point when asking for something special. Being a member since 1999 may help over being a member since 2010. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to hunt for an agent that will or know how to do it.
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:40 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
My SPG Lifetime Platinum got 'merged' to regular Gold with Bonvoy.
Having real problems with Bonvoy. It's like they don't believe me, after multiple calls and emails.

Any tips?
Old Jul 4, 19, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
My SPG Lifetime Platinum got 'merged' to regular Gold with Bonvoy.
Having real problems with Bonvoy. It's like they don't believe me, after multiple calls and emails.

Any tips?
what does the night and year of Plat counter say? Did the LT balances show correctly when you merged the accounts? Did you take screenshots?

Search this Thread