Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
I also logged in today to find my accounts combined. I was one of those that didn't try to combine until recently, about 2 weeks ago. After 5 business days had not been combined , but in following up today I saw it had finally worked. I wanted to note that initially both accounts were linked to the same email, but at about day 6 I changed the email for one of the accounts, and wonder if that may have helped.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
The mergers are finally happening, but mine are still left out.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
WARNING Someone has hacked my SPG account making reservations at the Rome Westin. on the line with Marriott the agent denies this was associated when I look at the reservation it has my old information nothing updated so this leads me to believe it was hacked SPG.

Keep Checking you account
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:36 pm

I was linked to Gold status on both SPG and Marriott last program year. I have no stay activity on either account since August 2018. But, somehow SPG login number still shows Gold Elite but the Rewards login number shows Silver Elite. I'm going to request the accounts to be combined. I'll see what happens in the upcoming days or weeks.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:52 pm

Just requested my accounts to be merged to my SPG login number. The web site is not working as it should. I attempted to initiate the combine accounts from by SPG account number login. It kept on putting my SPG number under the Marriott Rewards section. The web site would not allow be to change the number to the Rewards number. So, I logged into my MR number and the MR number correctly populated on the web site. Appears to be another glitch or oversight with the Marriott IT staff.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:50 pm

Is there any use in combining very old unused SPG account with my Marriott account.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rustum76
Is there any use in combining very old unused SPG account with my Marriott account.
The only reason I can see if there are some points left, nights, and/or a longer life for the new account. Points and nights are obvious, but getting an earlier start date just might be a tipping point when asking for something special. Being a member since 1999 may help over being a member since 2010. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to hunt for an agent that will or know how to do it.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
My SPG Lifetime Platinum got 'merged' to regular Gold with Bonvoy.
Having real problems with Bonvoy. It's like they don't believe me, after multiple calls and emails.

Any tips?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dorian
My SPG Lifetime Platinum got 'merged' to regular Gold with Bonvoy.
Having real problems with Bonvoy. It's like they don't believe me, after multiple calls and emails.

Any tips?
what does the night and year of Plat counter say? Did the LT balances show correctly when you merged the accounts? Did you take screenshots?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by cfischer
what does the night and year of Plat counter say? Did the LT balances show correctly when you merged the accounts? Did you take screenshots?
Says I have 30 nights towards lifetime.
Nothing seems to show correctly.
No screenshots but do have my Lifetime Plat SPG card and welcome email from 2015.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dorian
Says I have 30 nights towards lifetime.
Nothing seems to show correctly.
No screenshots but do have my Lifetime Plat SPG card and welcome email from 2015.
check in with the Lurkers here. With the welcome Email you should be in good shape.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
check in with the Lurkers here. With the welcome Email you should be in good shape.
what's interesting I have been a member since 1984 I also had another account later on which when I finally found my original account merged them yet Marriott will not show my date as the original one rather 2000 when I opened a new account. by the by I have almost 4300 room nights and they still won't. Oh well.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
what's interesting I have been a member since 1984 I also had another account later on which when I finally found my original account merged them yet Marriott will not show my date as the original one rather 2000 when I opened a new account. by the by I have almost 4300 room nights and they still won't. Oh well.
It should show the member year of the account number retained. Did you keep your oldest account number?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER

It should show the member year of the account number retained. Did you keep your oldest account number?
Yes I did and every time I called the agent (s) "at the end of the day" what difference does it make your status is Lifetime while they are correct it's a matter of principal with me those are a lot of years of loyalty. But then Marriott today is not what it once was.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Yes I did and every time I called the agent (s) "at the end of the day" what difference does it make your status is Lifetime while they are correct it's a matter of principal with me those are a lot of years of loyalty. But then Marriott today is not what it once was.
Yes that’s an unfortunate attitude From CS. Also that should be an easy fix. When did the new “Customer Service” start? 2016 maybe or did it begin before the acquisition of Starwood?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.