Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:29 pm
BCH

I don't understand why there are still SPG nights missing from converted SPG accounts. On my account, it's all stays from July 24th onward (I had 4-5 stays since then) but even if they all posted, there would still be nights missing this year.

What a mess. I would have thought that after 2 years of planing, they would have road-tested their conversion system to avoid such errors.

Color me unimpressed.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:35 pm
BCH

Nearly a week into the transition and my SPG nights for this year are still incorrect. I am holding off on merging the accounts until the SPG nights are corrected, even though that means I am missing out on my 50-nights gift, 75-nights gift, and the LTPP status. Ugh.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BCH
Nearly a week into the transition and my SPG nights for this year are still incorrect. I am holding off on merging the accounts until the SPG nights are corrected, even though that means I am missing out on my 50-nights gift, 75-nights gift, and the LTPP status. Ugh.
the 50/75 are not working anyway and LTPP is worthless as well as far 'getting it early' is concerned.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
well here is a positive story for everyone!

After the merge I am lifetime platinum premier elite, and I was upgraded in advance at a stay I have Saturday night in Madrid, Spain on points...an AC hotel.

not too bad
BCH likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Still missing about 14 nights over the past month including this week.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I merged/combined my accounts a few days ago. The number of nights from SPG was wrong then and it's still wrong now. But it doesn't make that much of a difference as I'm already lifetime (and current) Plat Premier. The extra nights would just get me closer to the 75 night award I can choose. But I'll hit it either way this year easily.

When I asked about this on a call with Marriott this morning they told me to give it another week to sort itself out.

-RM
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
My assumption about the extra lifetime nights was that it added award nights and/or it added nights we got during the double nights targeted promotions that didn't count towards lifetime status
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Suite Night Awards

Anyone having trouble applying their suite night awards to upcoming reservations.? When I attempt to do so it brings me to the old SPG website and I can not log onto to that site anymore.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
Anyone having trouble applying their suite night awards to upcoming reservations.? When I attempt to do so it brings me to the old SPG website and I can not log onto to that site anymore.
Same issue. I had my Ambassador do it...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
My assumption about the extra lifetime nights was that it added award nights and/or it added nights we got during the double nights targeted promotions that didn't count towards lifetime status
My LT nights with SPG have been increased by my annual nights, a mix of award and paid stays. Not significant, but expect it to be corrected. Holding off combining until things are more correct (sadly not expecting perfect).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
It currently cannot be done online. Calling (or waiting) is required. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ce-merger.html
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
when are they going to fix this. nobody will merge accounts if this is not fixed.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by derpelikan
when are they going to fix this. nobody will merge accounts if this is not fixed.
Too late, many already have and I suspect chasing those accounts down will take some time. Those of us that wait will just be waiting that much longer. If you need the benefits of combining, go for it.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Too late, many already have and I suspect chasing those accounts down will take some time. Those of us that wait will just be waiting that much longer. If you need the benefits of combining, go for it.
I'm sorry, but what are the benefits of combining? Wouldnt you get to qualify under the new rules for all the tiers even if you dont combine your accounts and have stays on both marriot and spg?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
My LT nights with SPG have been increased by my annual nights, a mix of award and paid stays. Not significant, but expect it to be corrected. Holding off combining until things are more correct (sadly not expecting perfect).
My lt nights are higher than they should be, my ytd nights are lower AND it shows i have already qualified this year for another year of ambassador service (ie have it through jan 2020) even though I havent crossed the 100 night threshold with spg yet...

if they are going to mess so many things up by so much why cant they accidentally credit my account with a billion extra points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.