FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925899-problems-spg-marriott-nights-after-merge.html)

BonViveur Aug 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge.

The day before the programs merged, I had 932 SPG nights and 9 Marriott nights. Today, I have 995 nights. This doesn’t make for any pros or cons, but they've added 54 nights.

Unfortunately, my SPG YTD nights was at 91 (I happen to have 9 booked in Sep to make it to 100). When I checked on 19th, some of the stays have disappeared and I’m now showing 77 nights for this year. Argh! This will affect my status for next year.

The number of points converted correctly, as did status and SNAs but obviously some stays disappeared. I can immediately see that my last stay, 3 weeks ago, has dropped off.

I know it’s a big job, but it’s a crappy way to start with Marriott. Even if we manage to argue it out, it will possibly require hours of my time to prove my annual nights.

AZ Travels the World Aug 18, 2018 4:18 pm

They still appear to be very much in the midst of it, so who knows how it will end up. I suggest not looking until some time Sunday -- U.S. time. :)

RogerD408 Aug 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by BonViveur (Post 30098399)
The day before the programs merged, I had 932 SPG nights and 9 Marriott nights. Today, I have 995 nights. This doesn’t make for any pros or cons, but they've added 54 nights.

Unfortunately, my SPG YTD nights was at 91 (I happen to have 9 booked in Sep to make it to 100). When I checked on 19th, some of the stays have disappeared and I’m now showing 77 nights for this year. Argh! This will affect my status for next year.

The number of points converted correctly, as did status and SNAs but obviously some stays disappeared. I can immediately see that my last stay, 3 weeks ago, has dropped off.

I know it’s a big job, but it’s a crappy way to start with Marriott. Even if we manage to argue it out, it will possibly require hours of my time to prove my annual nights.

Just relax, they are far from done. Give them a few days and then see what you have. They are not supposed to be adding MR and SPG nights yet. Last I was told WE must choose which account we want to keep and then add the other accounts to it. Again, kick back and keep reading FT to see what's happening.

yosithezet Aug 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Sure, stuff missing for me as well. Will give it some time.

nealaws Aug 18, 2018 11:32 pm

weird. lost one night credit on SPG account

Andy82 Aug 19, 2018 1:41 am

I’m short of 11 nights on my “new” SPG account, 50 instead of 61. All nights after July are absent. Also, the number of Lifetime Nights does not match, actually showing more than I should have (218 instead of 176). I still did not combine accounts.

Markie Aug 19, 2018 3:49 am

Did we all get new SPG numbers?
The number in my Marriott profile isn't the one that I had linked to it!

hhoope01 Aug 19, 2018 3:57 am

Yes, I didn't know what my new number was though until I tried to log in with my old SPG credentials. I received a message that I had been given a new 9 digit number and what that number was. So right now, I now have 2 separate MR accounts each with their own separate #s .

yosithezet Aug 19, 2018 4:04 am

Remember, they have been telling us we will need to combine accounts. This is because they simply created new Marriott accounts for each SPG account as the first step. Thus so long as you had an existing Marriott account, you now have two Marriott accounts. The next step will be for each of us to combine them, when ready. I say when ready as I don't think we fully understand what combining the will do to our ability to requalify using the old criteria for the programs in 2018. My guidance would be to wait.

That said, this doesn't explain the various oddities in the new Marriott accounts. I seem to have a few missing nights/stays, missing this year's AMEX nights/stays and some extra LT nights.

hhoope01 Aug 19, 2018 4:11 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 30100059)
That said, this doesn't explain the various oddities in the new Marriott accounts. I seem to have a few missing nights/stays, missing this year's AMEX nights/stays and some extra LT nights.

I'm seeing a lot of posts from others in the same boat. I'm guessing that means Marriott isn't completely finished with all the changes yet. ;)

HNS Aug 19, 2018 5:03 am

I remember reading that award nights will count to lifetime nights (maybe that's why you have extra nights). This was not the case with SPG. Can you confirm those 54 nights are actually your award nights during the years?

How do I earn Lifetime Gold?

acrophobia Aug 19, 2018 6:03 am

I have two issues: like someone mentioned above, my August stays have disappeared, but in the app there is a message that data are still porting over, so I’m not too worried about that yet.

What is slightly more concerning is that in the Marriott app, I’m getting $0 qualifying spend on four nights in Europe that were actually quite expensive. Presumably there will be a way to have that straightened out if it isn’t fixed within a few days.

Like some others, my lifetime nights were higher than expected, but it would make sense if the discrepancy is attributable to adding back in awards nights.

cfischer Aug 19, 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 30100330)
Like some others, my lifetime nights were higher than expected, but it would make sense if the discrepancy is attributable to adding back in awards nights.

That's what I am thinking as well.

worldtraveller73 Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am

I have this issue as well. I have an additional 17 lifetime nights on my "Marriotted" SPG account.

AZ Travels the World Aug 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 (Post 30101526)
I have this issue as well. I have an additional 17 lifetime nights on my "Marriotted" SPG account.

Where are you seeing your total on your "Marriotted" SPG account?