Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ab2013
So have to drop by the front desk and say "Hi I'm here for a meeting that I booked"?
And when I left my meeting, the front desk provided me with a detailed receipt.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Yes
Then I can leave whenever I feel like it? (It’s New Years Eve after all )
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ab2013
Then I can leave whenever I feel like it? (It’s New Years Eve after all )
Yeah, it's your meeting room. Read the complimentary newspaper from the lobby and drink a cup of coffee. Maybe no one else showed up, so leave after 20-30 minutes or whatever. Pay and take your folio. ^
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Yeah, it's your meeting room. Read the complimentary newspaper from the lobby and drink a cup of coffee. Maybe no one else showed up, so leave after 20-30 minutes or whatever. Pay and take your folio. ^
If I didn't care about the meeting nites, that sure would be an expensive newspaper / cup of coffee to have.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
As of 30 December my account was showing 50 nights and that I had requalified for Platinum status. However, my account today is showing 40 nights. The 10 nights for the meeting have disappeared completely from my account.

However, my account doesn’t say that I need 10 more nights to requalify for Platinum but instead states that I need 25 more nights for Titaninum.

CS have no idea why or how to fix it. I’m going to email our Champion for help.

Anyone else experience this?
I also lost my meeting nights in the total nights for 2019. However, my lifetime total still looks correct and it's allowing me to choose my Titanium choice benefit even though the new total is below 75.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:01 pm

Does anyone have an event booked for early January 2020? I wonder if the 10 nights might be posted if the contract was signed prior to when they changed the term online.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrey
Does anyone have an event booked for early January 2020? I wonder if the 10 nights might be posted if the contract was signed prior to when they changed the term online.
I would hope that Marriott would honour a signed contract, otherwise you could have grounds for recourse.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:58 pm

Does the contract with the hotel even address the 10 elite nights? Marriott gave the nights from their end once the hotel used the posting tool.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by swintec
Does the contract with the hotel even address the 10 elite nights? Marriott gave the nights from their end once the hotel used the posting tool.
Not explicitly, but my contract included the language

MARRIOTT BONVOY EVENTS
Loyalty program members will receive points or miles for events at participating properties in accordance with the loyalty program terms and conditions in effect at the time of the award [members.marriott.com], provided the member submits his or her valid loyalty program number online prior to completing the booking and is eligible to participate in Marriott Bonvoy Events.
So it can't hurt to screenshot/print to PDF the website terms if it still includes the language about elite nights.

EDIT: although per post 1185 it now explicitly says it only applies through Dec 31, 2019 so this would only help if you booked before it said that and can find a copy e.g. Internet Archive.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak

So it can't hurt to screenshot/print to PDF the website terms if it still includes the language about elite nights.

EDIT: although per post 1185 it now explicitly says it only applies through Dec 31, 2019 so this would only help if you booked before it said that and can find a copy e.g. Internet Archive.
I hope Marriott would honor that.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
I hope Marriott would honor that.
I have a meeting room booked for the day after tomorrow, the contract has been signed before they published the change - so I guess we'll figure it out soon...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:38 am

And we have results as I told in post STOP ASKING time for next - CreditCard nights.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Zorak

The section on you quoted does not mention anything about elite nights, just points or miles and besides that, it also states it wouldbe done using the terms in effect at the time of the award. Did you quote the wrong section of your meeting contract?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by swintec
The section on you quoted does not mention anything about elite nights, just points or miles and besides that, it also states it wouldbe done using the terms in effect at the time of the award. Did you quote the wrong section of your meeting contract?
I was interpreting points/miles broadly to include elite benefits, which I agree is already debatable, but admit I completely failed to read "at the time of the award"

TBH I kinda expected to see the terms of the loyalty program Incorporated by reference so I had some mental blinders on...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:13 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Given the rule changes beginning in January, 2020, discussion on Marriott Events will continue in the Marriott Bonvoy Events program January, 2020 and onward thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.