Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
potential workaround posted by rhg247. Might work better for MAR properties than SPG properties.

"I found a workaround that does work. Use the app, flip to the My Account section, click Account Activity and Hotel Bills, select the one you want, then Hotel Bill. Once that pulls up you, click the share arrow and then you can email it to yourself."
Print Wikipost

Problems downloading receipts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM at 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Problems downloading receipts

Thanks in advance for help. I have had recent problems downloading receipts from the MR website. I stayed over a week ago at the San Francisco Marriott Union Square, and didn’t get the receipt e-mailed to me either before checking out or after checking out; I have received the points.

When I look up this stay in the Activity section of the website, and click the link, it goes back to the listing of the five most recent activities. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I sent a note to MR and the response was that there is a high demand and it could take a while to hear back. Is this a website issue or a cookie problem?

Not lifethreatening, but is preventing me from filing a $2000 expense account! Any advice, and it might be have patience, is appreciated! Ken
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
While I don't know why the download receipt function is broken for your stay, I do suggest you call the hotel and ask them to email you a copy of your folio. In the rare instances over the years when I have had a similar problem, I have done that and they have been able to email me the folio immediately. If you have a hotel specific email address, you can also send the request via email.

--Jon
Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
While I don't know why the download receipt function is broken for your stay, I do suggest you call the hotel and ask them to email you a copy of your folio. In the rare instances over the years when I have had a similar problem, I have done that and they have been able to email me the folio immediately.
--Jon
This would be the fastest way to get your receipt so you can process your expense report.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:20 pm

Called and asked them the same thing! I need to have my receipts for my expense reports. Woman said hopefully by sunday night if not by Monday they will be back up! If you need them ASAP she said to call each hotel directly. Pain the butt if you have to call a lot!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
This is the third week in a row I can't download any receipts. They must have changed something on the back end because this has never been a problem for me before. Really annoying especially when I don't get an email receipt from the hotel directly.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:06 am

I've got the same issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Don't count on it being resolved any time soon. The website is an unmitigated mess. I have stays from months ago and also recent stays where I still cannot download receipts.

Oh and if you email in, expect to wait for 3+ weeks just to get an initial useless response asking for more information, like hotel, dates of stay, your name etc... even though this was all supplied from the original folio request.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:34 am

Coming from Hilton, one of the things that was absolutely mind-boggling to me when I started doing a lot of stays at SPG properties was the lack of any feature for downloading past folios, namely for the obvious purpose of expense reporting. How a chain that is the supposed universal choice of so many business travelers and road warriors could not offer this was a complete head-scratcher. Hopefully this is not a "feature" that will make its way up the chain to Marriott at large.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJBeav
Thanks in advance for help. I have had recent problems downloading receipts from the MR website. I stayed over a week ago at the San Francisco Marriott Union Square, and didn’t get the receipt e-mailed to me either before checking out or after checking out; I have received the points.

When I look up this stay in the Activity section of the website, and click the link, it goes back to the listing of the five most recent activities. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I sent a note to MR and the response was that there is a high demand and it could take a while to hear back. Is this a website issue or a cookie problem?

Not lifethreatening, but is preventing me from filing a $2000 expense account! Any advice, and it might be have patience, is appreciated! Ken
Actually ditto down to the specific account and roughly the same expense number.

I even called the hotel yesterday and they never called me back or sent me the receipt which is a real PITA.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
About two months ago I tried to download a bill and the same thing happened to me. I email customer care and asked what the problem was and if I could get an email version ... After poking them for 3 weeks I finally got my first response and a copy off the bill. Just checked a few minutes ago and its still broken.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have to end up going to the front desk to make sure to get an actual copy of the bill. Since they stopped putting it under the door, they supposedly email it. However more often than not I don't actually get a receipt from the hotel, or if I do its incorrect from missing some items.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:04 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Marriott IT is the biggest crock of sh!t out there. It's a damn mickey mouse operation that needs to be fired and replaced. The amount of these issues is ridiculous. I've got the same issue as you, heard the wait until the weekend BS and it still doesn't work. They are full of crap.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:36 pm

Grr

What utter incompetence to let a system stay broken for this long.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Called and asked them the same thing! I need to have my receipts for my expense reports. Woman said hopefully by sunday night if not by Monday they will be back up! If you need them ASAP she said to call each hotel directly. Pain the butt if you have to call a lot!
Still down.

Not a huge hassle if you just need one, but if you have 10 + stays a month...

Diverting as much as reasonable to Hyatt right now. I am Marriott free for the entire month of August!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:30 am

I have found that the experience is totally random. And as such, I always spend the extra time to physically check out and get a hard copy where possible. Last week I got a paper receipt, and there was an email in my Inbox before I even got outside to catch an Uber. And also last week, at a second location, I had an email *BEFORE* I checked out.

Other times, assuming the promise of an email, I never get the email, and have had to wait days before it's available on the website.

So, now, I always get a hard copy. If the email comes before I do my expense report, then great. I don't have to take a picture or scan.

But I always have that for backup.

If Marriott wants to champion saving paper, then they need to really do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.