Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Declining Housekeeping to Receive Points is Becoming a Scam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Declining Housekeeping to Receive Points is Becoming a Scam

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I don't think any businesses who laid off people or furloughed employees had rose colored glasses on that they would automatically return as if nothing had happened.
I’d argue that they absolutely did. Hotels, and even more so restaurants, have seemingly been caught completely off guard with how difficult it is ramp back up and are looking for excuses on why they’re struggling to hire new employees.

Without the rose colored glasses they would have been planning on this exact situation and had a plan to mitigate it. Marriott has started offering incentives to new hires but they’re still behind the curve.
falcon9xr and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Semi-on-topic for this thread: I just got an email from Hilton announcing that they're in the process of restoring most services at hotels. There were some bits about restaurants and flexible dining credits for elites, but one thing that jumped out at me is that guests can choose regular daily housekeeping - or choose to skip full housekeeping but get daily towel/toiletry refreshes. It was a big "welcome back, get ready for summer" kind of email, likely sent to the gold/diamond base given the reference to the flexible dining benefit.

It will be interesting to see whether I get a similar email from Marriott in the coming days.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:04 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Semi-on-topic for this thread: I just got an email from Hilton announcing that they're in the process of restoring most services at hotels. There were some bits about restaurants and flexible dining credits for elites, but one thing that jumped out at me is that guests can choose regular daily housekeeping - or choose to skip full housekeeping but get daily towel/toiletry refreshes. It was a big "welcome back, get ready for summer" kind of email, likely sent to the gold/diamond base given the reference to the flexible dining benefit.

It will be interesting to see whether I get a similar email from Marriott in the coming days.
That email seems to have gotten a pretty negative reaction from blogs and elites. I’ll wait to see how things are actually executed before judging. It’s definitely better than the current Marriott radio silence where housekeeping/F&B are just not brand standards at Marriott’s rn.
Old May 22, 2021, 7:21 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I removed a number of posts as they had nothing to do with the topic of this thread (declining housekeeping for points) nor did the posts have anything to do specifically with Marriott.

Please keep posts specific to the topic of this thread: Declining housekeeping for Marriott Bonvoy points.)

Thank you.

-hhoope01
Marriott Bonvoy Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.