Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]

Old May 8, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tajador
Just checked in. Sadly, free breakfast isn't provided, at least for points stay. Am also a Platinum. They now charge 25 Euro per day for breakfast.
If the breakfast is the same as previous years, even at 25 EUR per person, it's a bargain. Truly one of my favourite Bonvoy breakfasts ever.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Just checked in. Sadly, free breakfast isn't provided, at least for points stay. Am also a Platinum. They now charge 25 Euro per day for breakfast.
Previously I booked with points this hotel during summer 2020 (200K Points), at this time it was not segregated, this property was always including breakfast for all customers.
Unfortunately, with covid, it was cancelled.

Now that I can travel there, I feel not very welcome anymore, like a second zone customer with my point booking
even if the amount of points inflated compared to my first attempt in 2020 (280K).
Old May 9, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Previously I booked with points this hotel during summer 2020 (200K Points), at this time it was not segregated, this property was always including breakfast for all customers.
Unfortunately, with covid, it was cancelled.

Now that I can travel there, I feel not very welcome anymore, like a second zone customer with my point booking
even if the amount of points inflated compared to my first attempt in 2020 (280K).
EDITION hotels aren’t meant to give you free breakfast on a points rate, so at least you did manage to take advantage of their generosity whilst it lasted!
Old May 10, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
If the breakfast is the same as previous years, even at 25 EUR per person, it's a bargain. Truly one of my favourite Bonvoy breakfasts ever.
Compared to what I've read on reviews of past stays from blogs and in here, breakfast now only runs from 8am-12pm instead of being available until crazy hours like 4pm.

To clarify, 25 EUR only applies to the traditional Turkish breakfast set (just pastries, jam, fruits, and salads), and exclude items like menemen, sucuk, Element juice, coffee/tea, etc which will be charged per item instead of eat whatever you want at a fixed price.

It's not all bad still. I've ordered an Element juice, menemen, and Turkish coffee on top of the traditional Turkish breakfast set for around ~$35 in total and I feel like I can't eat any more for the rest of the day.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Well this is disappointing to hear. It's the first negative comment I hear about Bodrum EDITION in a while. What went wrong specifically?
Old May 10, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Well this is disappointing to hear. It's the first negative comment I hear about Bodrum EDITION in a while. What went wrong specifically?
No longer free breakfast for points stays seems to will happen for OP's stay.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No longer free breakfast for points stays seems to will happen for OP's stay.
Breakfast is definitely a bummer no doubt, but for a hotel which costs 1000 EUR per night in the summer, if we have to spend 50 EUR extra per couple for breakfast it's not something hugely material in the grand scheme of things (5% only), therefore it would not lead me to say "I am not welcome anymore" unless there were other service issues during the stay. This is what I would like to know - is there is something else going on.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
True enough that free breakfast is not an elite benefit at Editions. But it appears that breakfast is included on all paid stays. If that's the case it's traditionally been a violation of rules for the property to charge for breakfast only on points stays, e.g., Al Maha.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Kacee
True enough that free breakfast is not an elite benefit at Editions. But it appears that breakfast is included on all paid stays. If that's the case it's traditionally been a violation of rules for the property to charge for breakfast only on points stays, e.g., Al Maha.
Interesting point, I didn’t appreciate that.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Can you point out where exactly it is a violation in T&C? If so, I can bring this up to the hotel right?
Old May 10, 2022, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Breakfast is definitely a bummer no doubt, but for a hotel which costs 1000 EUR per night in the summer, if we have to spend 50 EUR extra per couple for breakfast it's not something hugely material in the grand scheme of things (5% only), therefore it would not lead me to say "I am not welcome anymore" unless there were other service issues during the stay. This is what I would like to know - is there is something else going on.
I don't disagree that saying not feeling welcome anymore is a bit much, but yes it is always disappointing when these things are changed.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Compared to what I've read on reviews of past stays from blogs and in here, breakfast now only runs from 8am-12pm instead of being available until crazy hours like 4pm.

To clarify, 25 EUR only applies to the traditional Turkish breakfast set (just pastries, jam, fruits, and salads), and exclude items like menemen, sucuk, Element juice, coffee/tea, etc which will be charged per item instead of eat whatever you want at a fixed price.

It's not all bad still. I've ordered an Element juice, menemen, and Turkish coffee on top of the traditional Turkish breakfast set for around ~$35 in total and I feel like I can't eat any more for the rest of the day.
So probably 100USD/daily for a complete oriental breakfast experience for a couple, only for points booking.

This is not the price the problem, it's the segregation, points vs cash.
The change was also not announced when I booked the stay.
Seem a new strategy from this hotel.

Old May 20, 2022, 2:58 am

Are there any benefits at this property for platinum/titanium members? F&B or Spa discounts? What are food/spa prices like for the 2022 season? Also are things priced in EUR rather than TRY? Trying to set expectations as I feel the omaat review is likely giving a false sense of value
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ywc123
Are there any benefits at this property for platinum/titanium members? F&B or Spa discounts? What are food/spa prices like for the 2022 season? Also are things priced in EUR rather than TRY? Trying to set expectations as I feel the omaat review is likely giving a false sense of value
Anyone got any updates on the above
Old May 31, 2022, 9:06 pm

Morena lunch and beach club menu. Apologies in advance that some of them are blurry. Compared to OMAAT's review, lots of the items' prices are doubled or even tripled!

I didn't receive special discount on food & spa as a Platinum, but I was proactively upgraded to the Premier Room with Sea View and free bottle of wine and cookies as welcome gifts. I have the spa and in-room dining (including breakfast) menu PDF's on my blog.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.