Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
THANK YOU!
Nights: 17

That means I'll easily do another 20 more on my current trip, taking me to 687. I need to do another 40 more for Ambassador this year, either in PR or off-island. Add to that 17, and I need to just do 6 extra, which seems worth it for LTPP vs. LTP.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
How? It wasn't really clear to me on the website once I'd logged in.

It says:
NIGHTS

In my profile, which might be accurate if reward nights don't count -- I probably avoided paid Marriott stays.
Check the wiki here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post29779211

Start with Account Overview and you can follow the steps in the wiki.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Oh, there's also the Rewarding Events "book <$100 meetings, get 10 Marriott Elite Nights" hack. I legitimately need to book monthly events for the rest of the year anyway, so having them at a Marriott vs. a restaurant is easy. I'd still like to hit enough nights for SPG Ambassador renewal, but LTPP will be <$500 even if I don't spend another night in a hotel this year.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
(why can't we delete posts? it's 2018!)
Old May 22, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

how many Plat years?
Nine.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:04 pm

To make the ten years lifetime platinum in the new program , I am still a few years short, if in 2018, by end of year, but not by August, I have 25 Starwood stays and 75 Marriott nights, will that count as two platinum years, or just one platinum years? Does it matter if I merge or don’t merge the accounts, which are currently linked?
Old May 22, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
To make the ten years lifetime platinum in the new program , I am still a few years short, if in 2018, by end of year, but not by August, I have 25 Starwood stays and 75 Marriott nights, will that count as two platinum years, or just one platinum years? Does it matter if I merge or don’t merge the accounts, which are currently linked?
two Plat years
Old May 23, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by born sleepy
(why can't we delete posts? it's 2018!)
What goes on the internet stays on the internet.
born sleepy likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
This will only work if you're 2 years short in 2018, i.e. 1 year with SPG and 1 year with Marriott, qualifying separately at their individual properties as you suggest. If you're more than 2 years short, then there is technically no rush as you can't be grandfathered into LTPP (10 Plat years in either program, 750 nights), and you can just make the new requirements (10 plat years, 600 nights) that will be offered 2019 onwards.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I'm like 100 nights short combined. I'm going to have to do some stunt flying with stays, conference bookings.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:36 pm

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?
Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Ugh, this is so vague. I have nine years as SPG Plat of various levels: 50/75/100 nights. I have well over 750 nights. I have already hit 50 nights with SPG in this my ninth year as SPG Plat.

But SPG didn't distinguish a 50-night Plat from a 100-nighter for LT status. Apparently MR does. So now that I've already made SPG50 this year, should I try for SPG75+ or MR75+? The former is easily do-able; the latter not so much.

If I do nothing I should end up with MR LT PlatElite? Or do I get to do this all over again in 2019? What would I have to do for LT PltPremierElite or is that even possible?

The email from SPG says "Congratulations — you’re Platinum with SPG®. Your status is valid through February 29, 2020" which seems wrong. Not Feb 2019? I don't even know if I'll still be alive by Feb 2020!

I am so confused right now...
Old May 23, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

The email from SPG says "Congratulations — you’re Platinum with SPG®. Your status is valid through February 29, 2020" which seems wrong. Not Feb 2019? I don't even know if I'll still be alive by Feb 2020!
You received this email when you hit 50 nights this year, correct? Then yes, this simply means you have achieved "virtual"* SPG Platinum for the 2019/2020 STATUS year, which goes from March 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020. You just get the perks of it now rather than having to wait until March 1 of next year, if you're not already Platinum from achieving it in 2017 for the current 2018/2019 benefit year.

*I say "virtual" since the program will be Starriott and the level will be renamed "Platinum Elite"
Old May 23, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards

Ugh, this is so vague. I have nine years as SPG Plat of various levels: 50/75/100 nights. I have well over 750 nights. I have already hit 50 nights with SPG in this my ninth year as SPG Plat.

But SPG didn't distinguish a 50-night Plat from a 100-nighter for LT status. Apparently MR does. So now that I've already made SPG50 this year, should I try for SPG75+ or MR75+? The former is easily do-able; the latter not so much.

If I do nothing I should end up with MR LT PlatElite? Or do I get to do this all over again in 2019? What would I have to do for LT PltPremierElite or is that even possible?

I am so confused right now...
For LTP purposes, an annual number of nights doesn't matter as long as qualified for SPG Plat in 2018 (25 stays or 50 night minimum, of course). If you wish to get one time LTP Premier, you must get MR Plat this year (75 nights) to get your 10th combined Plat year by Dec 31st. If you can't, after you qualify for Plat in 2019 with your 10th year as Plat, you will get your regular LTP. Will be no LTP Premier status awarded after Dec 31, 2018.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Does it matter how you achieved Platinum prior to merger?
I will have 9 years SPG Plat after qualifying this year.

However pre-merger/account linking, I once made Marriott Plat via Platinum challenge. I was given Plat that year and the following year.
(this was 2013 I think) So at least one year Marriott Plat. (I assume)

So as long as that Marriott Plat counts, I will have 10 years (i will also have >750 nights) I should qualify as LTPP.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:50 pm

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?
Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
I know this should be easy, but as previous posters have said, the language isn't crystal clear. It doesn't clearly specify that both nights and years can be combined between the programs - or am I missing something?

So, if someone has a combined tally of 750+ nights and 10+ years of Platinum - in any combination between SPG and MR (regardless of how earned) -- on or before 12/31/2018, this individual would become LTPP. Has that been confirmed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.