Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by KerryMLC
I have heard from my Ambassador that, while years elite can be combined, nights cannot.

That also ties in with that TPG was directly and explicitly told by Marriott.
This is exactly counter to the language of the public materials. I would certainly like the additional clarity.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have heard from my Ambassador that, while years elite can be combined, nights cannot.

Did they give a reason? This doesn't make much sense to me... not that it has to.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:44 pm

I don't think this is correct but I'm all confused reading everything...

Last edited by onebagtraveller; May 9, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Old May 9, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I am in the mid 600 range. I am also thinking if I should do a mattress run. It's kind of expensive doing one for 100 nights... Wished that they didn't do a mid-year switch. An extra year would really ease things for me.
I'm > 750 nights, with 9 Platinum years. I guess I could do 50 (or 75 nights?) on Marriott before August do get 1 more Platinum year, but not going to spend that kind of cash. Even at $100/room night that's $7500? And for what?

Still disappointed that they eased up the rules for Marriott members with 10 Platinum years, but not SPG members with > 2 million points.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
I'm >
Still disappointed that they eased up the rules for Marriott members with 10 Platinum years, but not SPG members with > 2 million points.
You mean "SPG members with > 666,667 points".
Old May 9, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If this is the case then I think they should also bump LTGs up one level
Old May 9, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by CLEguy
This is exactly counter to the language of the public materials. I would certainly like the additional clarity.
And would be even more of a slap in the face than before. Let's penalize those SPGLTP members that stayed at Marriott and not SPG by not counting the Marriott nights towards qualifying for LTPP in the new Marriott Program.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Great news. Happy to see that Marriott took customer feedback seriously.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (life gold);UA 1K; IC Plat Amb
Linked account Plat

I have 9 years SPG Plat and over 750 nights

I linked my accounts as soon as it was possible giving me platinum in Marriott. Does that count as a year? If so does that get me the LTPP?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:24 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by fraz2007
I have 9 years SPG Plat and over 750 nights

I linked my accounts as soon as it was possible giving me platinum in Marriott. Does that count as a year? If so does that get me the LTPP?
Matching status doesn't count so you can't double dip like that.
fraz2007 likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Time for the members like me to start crying. I am SPG LTP, with a total of around 650 nights, and about 30 more to come this year.
I want LTPE too!!!!!

( insert emoji here - crying. self-entitled,sarcastic.... your choice)
Old May 9, 2018, 4:53 pm

Okay...so on December 31, 2018 - if someone has 500 nights and 10 years SPG they are LTP in the legacy and the new program - but if they also have 250 nights at Marriott then on December 31st, 2018 do they now meet the 750 nights and 10 years Platinum to be LTPP starting in January 2019?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:54 pm

Thumbs up Thank you!!

1300 nights, over 10 years of Starwood Platinum- all leisure nights. You have just won me over for life Marriott. THANK YOU!
Old May 9, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As someone with 900 nights across both programs and 10+ years PLT, let me says the thread title is inaccurate.

I am not LTP, but I will be LTPP according to what's been posted.. And for that, the new program will have my lifetime loyalty.

They listened. I didn't expect they would, but they l did. Those of us who stayed a lot with both groups weren't left out.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Time for the members like me to start crying. I am SPG LTP, with a total of around 650 nights, and about 30 more to come this year.
I want LTPE too!!!!!

( insert emoji here - crying. self-entitled,sarcastic.... your choice)
Have no fear as you will get LTPE.

What you really want is LTPPE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.