Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Entitled Marriott Titanium and Ambassador Elites

A page for folks that feel that they have been Bonvoyed by Marriott!

(4 people like this.)
Steering this back to topic ..

Is there any reason to stay at a Marriott hotel right now over another group? The only thing would be points right? I feel the upgrades are limited right now, there's no lounge, no reasonable breakfast (New York specific) and late check-out isn't difficult to request whilst occupancy is so low.

Now, I'm not saying I'm cheating on Marriott, but let's just say I am still in a hotel, currently booked for 15 nights and won't be getting Marriott points
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Steering this back to topic ..

Is there any reason to stay at a Marriott hotel right now over another group? The only thing would be points right? I feel the upgrades are limited right now, there's no lounge, no reasonable breakfast (New York specific) and late check-out isn't difficult to request whilst occupancy is so low.

Now, I'm not saying I'm cheating on Marriott, but let's just say I am still in a hotel, currently booked for 15 nights and won't be getting Marriott points
Some lounges are still open. I was at the JW in Dubai last month and the lounge was up and running.

But no, there's no reason I can see other than points or it being the most cost effective and/or convenient property.

Hilton and Hyatt are both saying that any nights I earn at the moment count towards 2021 status. So by doing 20 nights with Hyatt in Q4 means I start on 20 nights on Jan 1st 2021,meaning I only need another 10 nights in 2021 to maintain their top tier status for all of 2022 (as the qualifying requirements are halved for 2021). Hilton are doing similar. So of course I've been doing that in Q4 rather than Marriott - with the one exception of that JW stay last month.
jjLDNY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.