Hotel on Airport Premises

Old Dec 15, 20, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Hotel on Airport Premises

It would be nice to have a list of all hotels located on airport premises, with a Wiki listing the airports by city and airport code.

But which forum would it go in?

Absent that, do we need to open such a thread in the forum for each hotel chain?
Old Dec 15, 20, 10:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titatnium, HH Gold
Great idea! There is sadly not a good candidate forum for one unified list, it seems.
Old Dec 15, 20, 10:30 am

Good idea. I don't have an answer on where it should go, but I'd like that info too. Seems like one universal thread would be better than having to look in each forum.
Old Dec 15, 20, 10:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
I'd guess it might go in either the Information Desk or TravelBuzz forums as those tend contain topics that aren't specific to a single program.
unclepants likes this.
Old Dec 15, 20, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
As recommended, I have started a thread in TravelBuzz.

Hotels on Airport Premises
margarita girl and dcmike like this.
Old Dec 15, 20, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Among Bonvoy hotels, we have Westin at DTW and Sheratons at BDL, BOS, PDX, CDG (T2), AMS, and BRU, plus Marriott at PHL.

In addition, ATL has one or two Bonvoy hotels accessible via the little tram that serves the rental car center.
Old Dec 15, 20, 9:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Great idea. Is it just me that likes hotels in the airport?

I'm sure there's probably a group that has dominance? I remember I stayed at the Hyatt whilst stopping over at Orlando International.
Old Dec 15, 20, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Among Bonvoy hotels, we have Westin at DTW and Sheratons at BDL, BOS, PDX, CDG (T2), AMS, and BRU, plus Marriott at PHL.

In addition, ATL has one or two Bonvoy hotels accessible via the little tram that serves the rental car center.
Donít forget the Sheraton at YYZ! Perfect location and pretty good hotel.
Old Dec 15, 20, 11:28 pm

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
I like the ones where you can walk; eg Moxie at VIE and Fairfield at PVD to name a disparate couple. Who wants a shuttle, etc. these days. (But that will, of course, change.)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 15, 20, 11:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ray1111 View Post
I like the ones where you can walk; eg Moxie at VIE and Fairfield at PVD to name a disparate couple. Who wants a shuttle, etc. these days. (But that will, of course, change.)
Add Sheraton Gateway LAX to the walkable list, plus the FourPoints LAX if you're energetic.

IIRC at SEA there's a Bonvoy that's walkable via a bridge over the main road and a bit going up a hill (versus paying $6 for the hotel shuttle preCOVID-19).

Also, IIRC there's a Marriott at LGA that's across the parking lot from the main terminals, but there might not be a safe walking path.

Some people walk from SAN to hotels, but it's a long walk. I'm not sure what Bonvoy property would be closest to the airport (Westin, Sheraton, USGrant LC, for instance).
Old Dec 16, 20, 2:22 am
ryw

Programs: WN A, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Donít forget the on premise Westin DEN where itís apparently supper popular to use points for stays!

YYC has both a Marriott and a Delta hotel connected to the main terminal, land side, which you can reach without going outdoors.

Re: walkable airport hotels, Iíve walked to the SEA Marriott before - if youíre used to trekking out to the light rail station already itís not too much further, just across the bridge and up the hill a couple blocks. Easier to do if youíre traveling light though!
Old Dec 16, 20, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Sheraton / Marriott FRA T1 (Hotel was split into two properties recently). + Hilton / Hilton Garden Inn

Duesseldorf Airport Sheraton

Munich Kempinski / Hilton

Singapore Changi Crowne Plaza T3

Bangkok Airport Novotel

London Heathrow Sofitel T5

Vancouver Airport Fairmont

Hong Kong Airport Regal Hotel

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Dec 16, 20 at 9:08 am Reason: Added a few more
Old Dec 16, 20, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Sheraton / Marriott FRA T1 (Hotel was split into two properties recently).
I forgot that one, and I stayed there when it was a Starwood.
Old Dec 16, 20, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I forgot that one, and I stayed there when it was a Starwood.
I have a love-hate relationship with that hotel. I do love the location and the lounge is decent too. Their rooms remind me of the early 1990s. Their rates are also pretty cheap, usually below 100 EURO a night.

Now I merely stay once or twice a year because it somehow belongs to all my Germany trips and to think of old times when I first started traveling.
Old Dec 16, 20, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter View Post
Donít forget the Sheraton at YYZ! Perfect location and pretty good hotel.
And the Marriott at Montreal (YUL) airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: