FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1906860-marriott-bonvoy-ambassador-elite-level-experiences-2020-earlier.html)

C17PSGR Jan 19, 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 30673744)
What number?

Rewards/SPG/Bonvoy number

On my Marriott folios from this week, it shows my Rewards number as XXXXXX ... without any letters
On my SPG folio from this week, it shows my Rewards number as Uxxxxx

In one of the threads, people realized that SPG folios were showing as PXXXXX if they were platinum, TXXXXX if they were PPE (soon to be Titanium), so wondering if UXXXX meant ambassador

t1c Jan 19, 2019 10:53 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 30674985)
Rewards/SPG/Bonvoy number

On my Marriott folios from this week, it shows my Rewards number as XXXXXX ... without any letters
On my SPG folio from this week, it shows my Rewards number as Uxxxxx

In one of the threads, people realized that SPG folios were showing as PXXXXX if they were platinum, TXXXXX if they were PPE (soon to be Titanium), so wondering if UXXXX meant ambassador

I had a SPG-Uxxxx last time I checked out at a Starwood Hotel and I am an AMB.

Chewie Jan 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Obviously it stands for Umbassador:

MSPeconomist Jan 19, 2019 4:50 pm

UNbassador = AWOL ambassador

MSPeconomist Jan 23, 2019 4:15 pm

[RANT] I just made a reservation being very careful to use my MR account (the one with 100+ nights and about $40,000 spend in 2018) which has been consistently and correctly showing my status as PPwithAMB and LTPP. (It still does as I checked just now.) The email confirmation shows my status as (just) PP, although it does show my MR account number as expected. Why has it been so terribly difficult for Starriott to correctly communicate my status to hotels where I stay? I'm really getting sick of the "can you prove that you have Ambassador status" discussion at check in, even after an Ambassador has supposedly communicated with the hotel to reinforce the fact that I DO have Ambassador status and therefore expect to be treated accordingly, including for upgrade priority. I'm on the verge of just cancelling this reservation and booking nothing but Hyatts until the mess has been correctly corrected. In the meantime, I'm losing upgrade possibilities and other perks to legacy SPG people with 100+ nights and close to $0 spend with no end in sight.[/RANT]

MePlatPremier Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30692353)
[RANT] I just made a reservation being very careful to use my MR account (the one with 100+ nights and about $40,000 spend in 2018) which has been consistently and correctly showing my status as PPwithAMB and LTPP. (It still does as I checked just now.) The email confirmation shows my status as (just) PP, although it does show my MR account number as expected. Why has it been so terribly difficult for Starriott to correctly communicate my status to hotels where I stay? I'm really getting sick of the "can you prove that you have Ambassador status" discussion at check in, even after an Ambassador has supposedly communicated with the hotel to reinforce the fact that I DO have Ambassador status and therefore expect to be treated accordingly, including for upgrade priority. I'm on the verge of just cancelling this reservation and booking nothing but Hyatts until the mess has been correctly corrected. In the meantime, I'm losing upgrade possibilities and other perks to legacy SPG people with 100+ nights and close to $0 spend with no end in sight.[/RANT]

I also get those emails and I am usually acknowledged as an ambassador at check-in. However, even if the confirmation emails mention my status as PPE, they list Your24 as one of the elite benefits I may enjoy, which is a benefit reserved for PPE+A. I don’t think it’s any kind of glitch, but rather how it is supposed to work. For the time being PPE+A does not seem to be a membership tier per se but more of a higher ranking within the general PPE tier, much in the same way as P75 and P100 were not separate membership tiers in the old SPG program.

MSPeconomist Jan 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier (Post 30692403)
I also get those emails and I am usually acknowledged as an ambassador at check-in. However, even if the confirmation emails mention my status as PPE, they list Your24 as one of the elite benefits I may enjoy, which is a benefit reserved for PPE+A. I don’t think it’s any kind of glitch, but rather how it is supposed to work. For the time being PPE+A does not seem to be a membership tier per se but more of a higher ranking within the general PPE tier, much in the same way as P75 and P100 were not separate membership tiers in the old SPG program.

But them why does it show PP rather than just Plat as PP was supposedly just a special subset of MR Plats, just as Amb, Plat75, and Plat 50 were claimed to be just rankings of Plat, with PlatMinus being the real status tier at SPG.

However, some reservations do show Amb status now, versus the old SPG way of hotels knowing about a guest having Ambassador service when an Ambassador contacts the property.

The problem I have is that I've been questioned about this (several times now) despite my ambassador (or a substitute ambassador) having contacted the property in advance for me.

Arfe you suggesting that I should submit unneeded Your24 requests just to prove that I have an Ambassador? That seems like a great way to waste everyone's time.

MePlatPremier Jan 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30692501)
But them why does it show PP rather than just Plat as PP was supposedly just a special subset of MR Plats, just as Amb, Plat75, and Plat 50 were claimed to be just rankings of Plat, with PlatMinus being the real status tier at SPG.

However, some reservations do show Amb status now, versus the old SPG way of hotels knowing about a guest having Ambassador service when an Ambassador contacts the property.

The problem I have is that I've been questioned about this (several times now) despite my ambassador (or a substitute ambassador) having contacted the property in advance for me.

Arfe you suggesting that I should submit unneeded Your24 requests just to prove that I have an Ambassador? That seems like a great way to waste everyone's time.

PPE is not a subset of PE, one is the old MR Plat the other old MR Gold. “Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador” is what it says it is—a PPE member who also happens to enjoy ambassador service. It will change when PPE will become TE and PPE+A will become AE, two clearly different tier names.

StephanP37 Jan 25, 2019 4:34 pm

So I got assigned a new ambassador who didn’t know my name and didn’t respond to any of my emails. I emailed again to complain and say how dismayed I am with the lack of any accountability or benefit whatsoever and how it has made me question my loyalty to Marriott all together, she was extremely apologetic and gave me 40,000 points after reviewing everything they put me through, I told her I appreciated it and would love to have any benefit from it at all and I was willing to give it one more try and at this point I would be pretty easy to please even reasonable replies to my emails would be great at this point, I gave her two missing stays and she got it applied in about an hour so far so good I’ll keep hoping they can get their infrastructure setup and give it one more try

imverge Jan 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Well, lately I can't complain about my Ambassador..

I received my points back for an award reservation I had at Le Meridien Tahiti which left Marriott late last year. I was also given an additional 35K points as a goodwill gesture to offset finding alternative accommodations for the one night.

And I had my 7 award night stay at Le Meridien Ho Chi Minh City confirmed (after trying to do it myself online and getting "hotel is not accepting redemption bookings") and converted category 1-4 7 night stay certificate attached.

MSPeconomist Jan 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Today I got an email from my ambassador offering to combine my accounts by January 30th, but she cannot bother responding to messages/requests regarding a stay in the next couple days. I'm getting very frustrated. Ambassador service should be more than just calling in and getting some random Plat Concierge type person when you get desperate due to the lack of a response.

hockeyinsider Jan 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Here's what I sent my ambassador:

Good afternoon, I hope all is well with you.

Unfortunately, I'm still having disappointing and very non-consistent experiences. Of my last three stays, one of which you helped with, only one property came through with the very basic requests of feather pillows (plus extras) and extra towels. Oddly enough, that was a limited-service property, the Courtyard. The Westin and the Renaissance both failed, though I did get a suite upgrade at both of these properties. (I believe you reached out to the Renaissance Cincinnati.)

Moreover, neither the Westin nor the Renaissance recognized my ambassador status. In the case of the Westin, they recognized me as a
member and the Renaissance recognized me as a platinum.

I addressed the disappointing experiences with the Westin and Renaissance respectively, but wanted to let you know because, obviously, there continues to be a problem with properties not recognizing ambassador status and not fulfilling rather basic requests that any guest, with or without elite status, could make through Marriott.com.

Overall, nothing has gotten better since the August integration. Looking at my stays since August, I think only the Courtyard has actually fulfilled my standing special requests. Then there is the property -- the Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection in Paris -- that gave me things I specifically asked not to receive as a welcome amenity.

At the hotels with more egregious experiences there have been post-stay service recoveries, but that doesn't do much to make up for the experience in the first place, especially on the handful of special stays that I do. I certainly wouldn't expect a run-of-the-mill Courtyard to get it right, but not the other hotels, which were upscale hotels and, in some cases, luxury hotels.

I don't know what the problem is. I recognize you are at the mercy of hotels delivering requests or other benefits, but it is deeply frustrating. I know from speaking with colleagues and friends that others are experiencing many of the same issues.

With all due respect, I don't know if I need to request a new ambassador because, to be honest, each of my special stays that I have worked with you on have had issues.

Hopefully, that changes in the new program in February with distinct names; platinum, titanium and ambassador.
Her response:

I apologize you are still not receiving extra pillows and towels during your stays. I personally communicated with The Renaissance. I also arranged for an early check-in along with a special amenity to be sent to your room. In addition, an upgrade request was noted and would be given if available.

I am happy to follow up to see what happened where these extra towels and pillows were not delivered. Please allow at least 72-hours on this.
In addition, I will continue to reach out on upcoming stays and share your feedback with our leaders.

If you decide you would like to work with another Ambassador I will understand. I continue to be at your service.
My response:

Thanks for your quick response, as always.

Obviously, there's an issue with the individual hotels. I've never thought it was you but either a system breakdown in the way these things are communicated -- Marriott's IT has had so many problems since August -- or properties that either don't care or don't understand Marriott's new program and the elite statuses. The fact that most properties don't even recognize ambassador status is telling. You and I have certainly seen this with some of the properties, such as the infamous Casa Monica, Autograph Collection, that openly broke the rules and hoped nobody would call them on it.

I did get the suite upgrade at the Renaissance and the room was ready early, both of which were quite appreciated. There were extra pillows, but none of the pillows were feather. They were the polyester down alternative pillows.

I was unaware you requested an amenity. That was kind of you. They certainly didn't deliver it. I actually ordered a bottle of champagne for my girlfriend and I not long after we arrived but they sent up a different kind of wine. It took two requests to get the bottle and then only after complaining did they remove the service charge. I still insisted on paying for it.

The hotel general manager has already apologized, which was appreciated but, of course, doesn't do anything. They offered me a complimentary 1-night stay if I ever return to Cincinnati.

As I said earlier, my expectations aren't much for a limited-service property like the Courtyard, although ironically the Courtyard I recently stayed at fulfilled all of my requests.

Hopefully, all of this will change in February with the new elite status names.

DJ_Iceman Jan 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Well-written e-mails--kudos.

helvetic Jan 29, 2019 4:58 am

I had a conversation with one of the program supervisor. She was extremely nice and we had a good conversation. She's been with SPG Ambassador since before it was an official program. She did assure me that my personal Ambassador was consistently one of the best, and did share they have a massive backlog and are having a lot of issues at the moment. She convinced me to stick it out a few more months before considering switching again.

I did express I had no issues with my personal ambassador. My issues are with never being able to get a response from him or oftentimes from anyone else.

goodeats21 Jan 29, 2019 7:05 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 30713669)
I had a conversation with one of the program supervisor. She was extremely nice and we had a good conversation. She's been with SPG Ambassador since before it was an official program. She did assure me that my personal Ambassador was consistently one of the best, and did share they have a massive backlog and are having a lot of issues at the moment. She convinced me to stick it out a few more months before considering switching again.

I did express I had no issues with my personal ambassador. My issues are with never being able to get a response from him or oftentimes from anyone else.

Appreciate your update. I really hope they get it together soon. Not sure how long Marriott expects us to "stick it out" or "Hold tight" while they flounder about...

Sept. 29, 2018
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...tabilized.html