Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Renaissance Harbor View [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DaveMidknight
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Hotel Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong Renaissance Harbor View [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Has anyone stayed at REN HK recently?

Does the hotel give free upgrades to top tier elites?

I booked W HK (room rates are similar to REN), but W has no lounge.

So I am thinking about REN and JW.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I stayed there a couple weeks ago, but used a SNA for a 1 Bedroom Suite.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I liked the Renaissance - the rooms are small, and the beds need updating - but it was a solid experience. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Assigned a direct Harbour View King - asked about suites, apologized for no availability due to conference, which matched online - happy with room placement on 26th floor
  • Harbour View is very nice and extensive
  • Shower pressure is decent
  • Bathroom is actually rather spacious with plenty of counter space
  • A very large and extensive welcome gift of coated strawberries, small pies, cookies, local chocolate bars, and a chilled tea delivered right after arrival
    • Really liked the Oolong chocolate (saving the Sichuan pepper chocolate for Mother) and small pies
  • Assigned 4 PM checkout on registration sheet without asking
  • Automated window coverings
  • Touch sensitive buttons on elevators
  • Service was friendly - agent focused on me despite several guests coming up and shouting at him (it was quite busy)
  • Lounge on 40th floor (41st seemed under renovation, enter small room on 39 and walk up stairs)
    • Evening service had good cod fish croquette and desserts (good opera cake and cheesecake)
  • Breakfast was either lounge or restaurant - I chose the lounge as it opened at 6:30 and I had been up since 2:30 (went to sleep at 6 PM)
    • Lounge quite tasty
    • Really good croissants with bacon and salmon
    • Egg chef - nice omelet
    • Good chocolate muffin
Neutral:
  • Bed needs updating - covers too thin, mattress a bit springy with a partially lumpy topper - pillows decent, though - I still slept well
Cons:
  • No Internet steaming on the TV
Overall, I would return.

Photos:

MW147, littlevoices, DELee and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Scored an SNA with a Harbour View one bedroom suite and further upgraded to a Larger one bedroom suite at check in. These suites take up a corner of the building with a larger living room with a separate toilet.

Living room of Large 1 BDRM suite

Stand alone bath

M Club bar seat with view

Limited happy hour food offering

Housepours
​​​​​​
The M Club is still a zoo with tables closely packed to the brim. The seating is limited to bar stools or tightly packed tables with restricted views. Snacks are offered from 530-730pm while drinks are offered till 8pm. Based on the quality of the dishes, you are better off picking up a bottle at Watson's Wine or 7 Eleven just next to the hotel exit to Wanchai station.

Elites are given breakfast at the lounge only. To avoid having the same snacks from happy hour the night before, I ventured into the main breakfast hall which felt like a subterranean feeding hall. There was not much more variety of food than the M Club. The coffee machines here are the slowest in the territory and you will be watching a video while waiting for the beans to grow for that cappuccino.
jonisflying likes this.

Last edited by Alawyer; Sep 7, 2023 at 8:36 pm
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this hotel still send people to the Grand Hyatt for spa and fitness center facilities?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this hotel still send people to the Grand Hyatt for spa and fitness center facilities?
TMK, at least the pool is a shared resource, but each hotel has their own gyms.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Stayed for a few nights with two rooms as an ambassador recently with a combination of staycation and family visit. Not much to report except a pretty standard harbour view room upgrade, rather than a base garden room for one. The hotel went out of their way to ensure that it was very clear that the second room would get zero benefits, to the point of removing all my details from that room before checkin (I asked to add them back so I got points, which I did). You can't complain as it's entirely per the T&Cs, but many hotels might at least give a slightly better second room, even if it's not a suite. The rooms ended up 20 floors apart as the second room got one of the most basic ones, and the harbour view room was near the top .

Location is getting better though with the exhibition station and Wan Chai Waterfront being nicer too
Old Nov 14, 2023, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
My report (long over due): stayed at REN HK for 3 nights in March, 2023.

Got upgraded to a harbor view room, which is pretty nice. Asked but didn't get a suite. I was told that they don't have many suites.

The lounge has good view but too small. Food selection is limited. Breakfast downstairs was good.

Location is good, close to the subway station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.