Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Have you ever wanted to know what its like to stay in a 37 year old Days Inn? Are you too classy, or too invested in Bonvoy Points to actually stay in a 37 year old Days Inn? Well, if so, I have a hotel for you. The very awkwardly named "Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills"

This hotel was built around 1986 as a Days Inn, and yeah, it looks like it. Growing up in the 80's I was part of the family road trip/ Days Inn Life, and walking to my room at the "Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills" I instantly had a nostalgia flashback.

Now based on Google Street View, this hotel has been a Courtyard by Marriott since at least 2007 - probably longer, and it received its current black Courtyard by Marriott paint job between 2021 and 2022.

So, on to the room, and the review. Its a room. It was clean. It had a bed, and a chair, and a TV, and an desk / area you could work at. (apparently this is a bonus these days). We were in room 450, which is at the very end of the hallway, all the way down. This is a weird room. You pass through what was obviously once an exterior door, but now has 2 rooms tacked on, There is an additional balcony ....for the hallway... It goes nowhere.

Enter the room, and the sink is on the left, toilet and shower on the right. There is a sliding door then that separates the bathroom area from the bedroom area. All the lights/ fixtures are new-ish, and HOLY CRAP LEDS ARE BRIGHT AND EVERY LAMP NEEDS 2 15000 KVA BULBS in it. Fortunately there are towels you can toss over the lamps to "dim" them.

The AC is the kind that the fan runs all the time, even if its not actively cooling. Its noisy and loud. Why can't the fan shut off if the compressor is not running?

There is a small balcony for this room, and the sliding door lets in all the noise from Olympic Blvd, even when its shut.

The room has an in room coffee maker, the kind with the square, slide in trays. The paper coffee mugs are individually wrapped in plastic. (remember when Days Inn/ Best Western did this? ).

There is a Bistro, they charge for coffee, because Courtyard by Marriott. At least a Days Inn has free coffee in the lobby.

There is NOTHING wrong with this hotel. It is 100% average. The bed is comfortable, the shower has amazing water pressure. The room and the grounds were clean. It just happens to be a 37 year old building, that was designed and build as a Days Inn. That now charges $300+ a night including taxes.

So you are asking yourself now, "Should I, as a reasonable Flyertalker, stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills" - well, the answer is a resounding YES, if your corporate travel policy says you have to, and based on the people I saw in the Bistro, corporate travel departments love this hotel. If you are in LA to see the mouse, or stalk celebrities I'd suggest an actual Days Inn, or elevate your expeirance to a SpringHill Suites.
bitterproffit likes this.

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Nov 14, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I will add that the area is very safe (not that you can really walk anywhere) and you have easy access to Sawtelle, which has some of the best Asian food in all of LA, and Westfield Century City, a very cool, high-end indoor/outdoor shopping mall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.