Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

GRAVITY Seoul Pangyo, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United

Mods, please accept my apologies if it’s presumptuous to start a master thread. But I’ve not found a thread for this particular property.

This is a new property in Pangyo (south of Seoul) opening this month (Dec 2020).

Pictures look very nice (though some seem rendered). Also looks like the property may NOT have a lounge or sauna, according to this blog post.

Apparently only 4 suites with 300 rooms, so odds up an upgrade are small. Pricing seems to sit around 165,000 to 210,000KRW as of this writing.

If anyone has a stay coming up, would love to see actual pictures and read a review!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Didn't know the owner of this hotel is Shinsegae and they plan on building the Chosun Palace in Gangnam too. Odd that there is no lounge as it will probably be a popular hotel for business travelers.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The basic room looks very similar to the Four Points Gangnam.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm staying here now and the standard room is just very small. Frette linens and a Simmon Beautyrest bed though. Not a Plat or Ambassador so wasn't getting 1 of the 4 suites. I can't see anyone coming beyond Bundang staycationers or Pangyo techno valley business travelers.
falcon9xr likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 8, 2021 at 10:14 am
Old Jan 8, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm staying here now and the standard room is just very small. Frette linens and a Simmon Beautyrest bed though. Not a Plat or Ambassador so wasn't getting 1 of the 4 suites. I can't see anyone coming beyond Bundang staycationers or Pangyo techno valley business travelers.
Can you report on the breakfast situation?
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
Any pictures by chance?
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:20 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've stayed there for one night just to try it out and take a break from the Courtyard in Suwon where I'm staying during the week. I'm currently holding Titanium Elite status.
The building seems to be new and the interior feels "fancy" with signature smell when you enter the lobby. Underground parking is available and they said one car per room is free of charge (even though the website says "offsite parking: 6000 Won, onsite parking:: 60000 Won per night).
Check-in was a bit complicated on the basis that I was the first foreigner that member of staff has checked in, and there's apparently a lot of fear because of the current epidemic. They kept asking me for a negative PCR test and some certificate, but since I've arrived in Korea three weeks earlier, neither is required. They were relieved when I could at least provide the bill for the 14 day stay at a "government facility" (a hotel currently closed to the public) and took a copy of that, presumably to cover their bases. The staff is very friendly and ambitious, but it's clear that they are also very young and will gain more experience over time.
I was not upgraded even though on a Friday probably not all suites were taken. Suite upgrade awards also could not be used. I think there should be more than 4 suites in the entire hotel. On my floor alone I counted 3 larger rooms.
The standard room feels small, even though it isn't exactly small. However, since area around the entrance is rather spacious, the bed and sitting area (a sofa around a table) feels a bit smallish.
There's no lounge but breakfast is provided in the restaurant. I like the selection very much, and it's clearly one notch up from the Courtyard offerings -- and Courtyard in Korea is already very good.
I'll upload some pictures I've taken during my stay.

Treacherous stairs.

View out the window.
dcmike and falcon9xr like this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Thanks for the photos!
Yeah, based on these pics I would stay here for work (though just for a night or two....)
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Yea the rooms look bigger than I was expecting. Thanks for posting the pictures!
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Here for a week. Basically as described above. Hotel still feels new, lots of foreigners. Business type hotel. Floors feel really cheap in the room, just poor quality laminate. Sofa in the room impratical, a proper desk/chair to work would be better. Breakfast is fine, lots of selection, but doesn't seem to chnage everyday. No lounge. Area around seems all new, typical, 'modern' Korea. Meh. To work in Suwon this is a bit far, but the highway can be fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.