Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott "Fresh Bites" Room Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So basically no app or desert that I'd want to order.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
So are the prices even any better?

If Marriott is claiming to have made this change because of "research with Millenials," then I'd guarantee the feedback was they (including myself) would gladly trade having real silverware for better prices, as long as the food was still the same quality (which usually wasn't very good to begin with, another reason why there probably weren't many people ordering it).
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GoPhils

If Marriott is claiming to have made this change because of "research with Millenials," then I'd guarantee the feedback was they (including myself) would gladly trade having real silverware for better prices, as long as the food was still the same quality (which usually wasn't very good to begin with, another reason why there probably weren't many people ordering it).
Well it comes in a brown bag, so quality is already an issue. The menu is limited compared to the room service menu because of it. Anecdotal reports are the pricing isn't super cheap. As with the airlines, when you hear something is "enhanced" it usually isn't.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by GoPhils

My opinion is that many / most of the FS properties were all complaining to corporate about losing money on room service - so corporate figured out how to "sell" this to all of us by saying it was: 1) What WE wanted, 2) more reflective of local tastes, 3) more environmentally responsible, 4) some combination of all of the above depending on location.

Don't kid yourself - It's ALL about the MONEY.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well it comes in a brown bag, so quality is already an issue. The menu is limited compared to the room service menu because of it. Anecdotal reports are the pricing isn't super cheap. As with the airlines, when you hear something is "enhanced" it usually isn't.
Agree with your last sentence.

I kinda doubt it is the case with the "fresh bites," but good food can come in a paper bag.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Apparently, Fresh Bites will mitigate the California drought:

https://blog.cambro.com/2015/09/25/h...n-room-dining/
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Room service fan

When traveling alone, I probably order room service more often than not.

If I'm traveling for work, I'm talking to folks most of the day, and when I'm done for the day, I don't want to hang out at the bar talking to other folks, and if I'm going to eat alone, I'd rather eat alone in my room.

Typically, I order room service while working at the desk, continue working until room service arrives, and then eat it at my desk while watching TV or goofing off on the internet.

Now, without room service or a desk, I may actually have to go talk to people.

I've been flirting with Hyatt pretty hard lately. They are getting rid of desks at some properties, but I haven't heard of them getting rid of room service.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

Mitigate? Hell, this will solve it and give us world peace according to fluff piece. Amazing, Marriott can spin anything.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by joshua362
Mitigate? Hell, this will solve it and give us world peace according to fluff piece. Amazing, Marriott can spin anything.
I laughed out loud at this article!

My Fresh Bites arrived looking like "sh**" with a salad dressing pot that had burst all over everything. How can a load of coloured tissue paper make dinner a better experience!

Bring back a plate and proper cutlery.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Should post pictures of the mess and negative reviews on sites like tripadvisor since Marriott seems to be concerned about those reviews more than feedback from elites now.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

The article is all about the improved environmental impact - that's BS. Despite the drought, it's much better for the environment to use and wash real plates, cutlery, and napkins, rather than "100% recyclable" throw-aways. Notice they said "recyclable" and not recycled, and there's no mention of the used items from guest rooms actually being reclaimed for the recycling bin. I really doubt housekeeping is going to scrape the remains of the salad from the containers left behind so that they can be put into the recycling.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ehallison
The article is all about the improved environmental impact - that's BS. Despite the drought, it's much better for the environment to use and wash real plates, cutlery, and napkins, rather than "100% recyclable" throw-aways. Notice they said "recyclable" and not recycled, and there's no mention of the used items from guest rooms actually being reclaimed for the recycling bin. I really doubt housekeeping is going to scrape the remains of the salad from the containers left behind so that they can be put into the recycling.
You mean guests aren't going to pack up & take home the containers to use for home leftovers and reuse the pretty tissue paper for the next gift giving need?

We are the problem, people, not Marriott.

Last edited by joshua362; Aug 3, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by rylan
Should post pictures of the mess and negative reviews on sites like tripadvisor since Marriott seems to be concerned about those reviews more than feedback from elites now.
EXACTLY. And yes - posting pictures of the "enhanced" room service on sites like Booking at TA will definitely get more attention from Marriott...
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
EXACTLY. And yes - posting pictures of the "enhanced" room service on sites like Booking at TA will definitely get more attention from Marriott...
Sadly this doesn't illustrate the spilled salad dressing.......
Attached Images   
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by ehallison
It might have been more honest to possibly say 'biodegradable', that is, that it will break down more naturally in landfills etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.