Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by WellnesGRP
I just booked 6 nights starting February 27th 2018 using points. It's listed as a category 4 property. Plan on canceling reservation at Vana Belle to stay here. Hopefully someone posts a review before my trip with any upgrade info for Platinum members.
Did you only have the choice to book the a terrace room with two twin beds? I would like to book with points for April 2018 but the only type of room that pops up with the one with twin beds.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Once again with the Ritz Carlton double standards and the not participating in the rewards program bs. This property will not be participating in the rewards program. I'm getting really tired of all these new properties opening but not participating in their own rewards program.

We're in Koh Samui as we speak staying at the Four Seasons which is absolutely amazing and if the RC is not giving me any points or benefits, what's the incentive for me to stay there instead of other properties like the Four Seasons.
So you're saying that instead of staying at the RC Koh Samui because it does not give you any points, you will stay at the Four Seasons, which doesn't give you any points. Doesn't sound like a great trade-off, unless the FS offers a better value for that particular property.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
So you're saying that instead of staying at the RC Koh Samui because it does not give you any points, you will stay at the Four Seasons, which doesn't give you any points. Doesn't sound like a great trade-off, unless the FS offers a better value for that particular property.
What I'm saying is that I have no incentive in staying at the RC if it doesn't give me points or any Platinum benefits when the FS is just as nice if not nicer. There at least I get some virtuoso benefits and you can sometimes 4th night free when booking 3 nights.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Gold
Has anyone stayed at the hotel yet?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:16 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The property has opened and is accepting reservations. No real photos on the website but they are appearing on Insta
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott press release announcing opening:

http://news.marriott.com/2017/10/rit...i-island-life/

'The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui offers 175 suites and pool villas nestled amid 58 acres that overlook the turquoise waters of The Gulf of Thailand. Built on the site of a former coconut plantation....The oceanfront resort features Spa Village Koh Samui, a 3,800-square-meter haven anchored in the healing culture of the region, complete with eight treatment suites, three massage pavilions, a yoga pavilion, health bar, and a lap pool with intimate cabanas. The hotel’s culinary offerings reflect Koh Samui’s destination across seven dining experiences...

To further draw guests into the local culture, The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui has curated some of the best authentic southern Thai experiences to explore and experience, including the Muay Thai Gym with its indoor kickboxing ring, where guests can learn the martial art of Muay Thai (or ‘The Art of Eight Limbs’) with trained instructors. Additionally, guests can sign up for a journey to a local market to source seasonal produce, followed by a class to unlock secrets of southern Thai cooking.

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui also offers a one-of-a-kind temperate Swim Reef within the resort that teems with over 50 species of fish. It is the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia, and offers unique snorkeling and fish-feeding experiences. The Swim Reef also features expansive facilities including two white sand beaches, a beach-side resort pool, a water sports center and two floodlit tennis courts. The Ritz Kids program, with dedicated kids check-in and amenities for children, offers indoor and outdoor activities helping to strengthen family ties through shared moments.

This resort also makes each wedding is a signature event. Offered in either Thai or Western style, lifetime vows are exchanged at Sala Thai, an elevated pavilion overlooking the Gulf of Thailand."
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
To further draw guests into the local culture, The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui has curated some of the best authentic southern Thai experiences to explore and experience, including the Muay Thai Gym with its indoor kickboxing ring, where guests can learn the martial art of Muay Thai (or ‘The Art of Eight Limbs’) with trained instructors.
Somehow I don't think the people who go to Thailand for extreme, violent sports are going to stay here

The pricing does seem to mirror the Maldives. Will wait to see actual photos before deciding, but it will good to have a new luxe option. The W wasn't to our taste.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Planing to do 2 nights there next march. It will cost me 40k starpoints (120k marriott points). Should i give it a try or just stick to Vana Belle (starwood) as usual?

Any recent stay reports (especially as platinum) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA, Bonvoy, ALL
Checked RC website and noted the hotel does not participate in RC reward programme.

However, they are also selling this We're linked package for next February:

WE'RE LINKED Exclusive Offer, buffet breakfast daily at Shook!, wireless Internet, upgrade at time of booking to Ocean View Suite, Marriott Rewards & SPG membership card required, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled less than 14 day before arrival, 1000 Bonus Points per stay

Does that mean they only give you 1,000 bonus Rewards / SPG points for your entire stay or they also give you SPG points? Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by klimike
Checked RC website and noted the hotel does not participate in RC reward programme.

However, they are also selling this We're linked package for next February:

WE'RE LINKED Exclusive Offer, buffet breakfast daily at Shook!, wireless Internet, upgrade at time of booking to Ocean View Suite, Marriott Rewards & SPG membership card required, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled less than 14 day before arrival, 1000 Bonus Points per stay

Does that mean they only give you 1,000 bonus Rewards / SPG points for your entire stay or they also give you SPG points? Thanks.
It does participate in RC reward program. It is a tier 4 hotel.

I just booked one night there using 60k marriott reward points. (The other 2 nights prior to this booking will be paid by cash)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:00 am

Keen to see a FT TR with photos of suites. There are only five on TA, though they are all glowing.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:17 pm

Upgrade to Pool Villa?

I know this might be difficult to answer, but if I go ahead and book a reservation on points for the lowest level room (that's the only one bookable with points) what are the chances I'll be able to upgrade to a pool villa with additional points or cash?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by GS1000
I know this might be difficult to answer, but if I go ahead and book a reservation on points for the lowest level room (that's the only one bookable with points) what are the chances I'll be able to upgrade to a pool villa with additional points or cash?
Email them.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I have a Tier 1-3 7 night cert that I purchased back in May. I am not sure there was a Tier 4 at that time. Would I be able to use that to book at this hotel? Would I have to pay for the additional tier? If so, any idea what it would be? Also how does this compare to the RC Langkawi? Appreciate your input.

Last edited by ikonos; Dec 10, 2017 at 7:13 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I am currently staying at this hotel. Service staff is excellent but it is marred by the poor infrastructure/poor communication between staff/handicap accessibility issues. They have their work cut out for them before the grand opening in Feb. They really need to get their sh*t together and quickly.

Also, Hotel currently has 150 employees, they need to mass hire 400 before opening date. Good luck maintaining quality with that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.