FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1837466-ritz-carlton-koh-samui-thailand-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock Apr 18, 2017 9:16 am

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread]

Hotel website:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/koh-samui

Opening February 2018.

"The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui will be developed in the region of Plai Laem in the Northern tip of the island, well-known for its white sand beaches surrounded by the emerald waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The hotel will feature approximately 187 luxurious guest rooms and pool villas with a collection of dining, wellness and recreational experiences and facilities on the pristine sun-kissed beachfront. The Resort will be located at the north-east end of Koh Samui in the stunning Choeng Mon area."

sammyindc May 3, 2017 9:07 pm

Once again with the Ritz Carlton double standards and the not participating in the rewards program bs. This property will not be participating in the rewards program. I'm getting really tired of all these new properties opening but not participating in their own rewards program.

We're in Koh Samui as we speak staying at the Four Seasons which is absolutely amazing and if the RC is not giving me any points or benefits, what's the incentive for me to stay there instead of other properties like the Four Seasons.

Rossello321 May 4, 2017 10:28 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc (Post 28264779)
Once again with the Ritz Carlton double standards and the not participating in the rewards program bs. This property will not be participating in the rewards program. I'm getting really tired of all these new properties opening but not participating in their own rewards program.

We're in Koh Samui as we speak staying at the Four Seasons which is absolutely amazing and if the RC is not giving me any points or benefits, what's the incentive for me to stay there instead of other properties like the Four Seasons.

While I donīt participate in īchasing statusī, nor am I gung ho on rewards programs or points, I do see the issue here. If I were spending X on a hotel stay, and that hotel chain doles out points, Iīd want them.

That said, for better or worse, this is the trend for Ritz moving forward (Iīd argue itīs a trend and/or the future...not a double standard).

As a side note, the FS Koh Samui is one of the best Four Seasons in the system...so even if Ritz were to start doling out points, Iīd still pick the FS (Iīd still pick Six Senses, even).

Who knows though, letīs see what RC comes up with, product wise ;)

sammyindc May 4, 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Rossello321 (Post 28267237)
While I donīt participate in īchasing statusī, nor am I gung ho on rewards programs or points, I do see the issue here. If I were spending X on a hotel stay, and that hotel chain doles out points, Iīd want them.

That said, for better or worse, this is the trend for Ritz moving forward (Iīd argue itīs a trend and/or the future...not a double standard).

As a side note, the FS Koh Samui is one of the best Four Seasons in the system...so even if Ritz were to start doling out points, Iīd still pick the FS (Iīd still pick Six Senses, even).

Who knows though, letīs see what RC comes up with, product wise ;)

Agree with you. Seems like a new trend as a lot of the new properties don't participate. I'm not chasing rewards either but if you are part of a rewards program then either give rewards at all of them or don't at all.

And totally agree on the FS Koh Samui. On our last day here after spending the week and I sad to leave - will definitely be coming back :)

Ksw299 May 20, 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc (Post 28264779)

I think it will participate - its just that they have not decided on the tier level yet.

same thing happened with haikou property - its listed as tier 1 now.

when the property does open we can confirm.

Kagehitokiri May 27, 2017 3:41 pm

its not a reserve, only singapore doesnt participate

one of the managers is ex-amanresorts

KosherKimchee May 30, 2017 8:39 pm

How far in advance are Tier categories usually announced before a new RC opens?

drmish1 May 31, 2017 3:19 pm

surely the fact that this is not a reserve property means it will participate in rewards ?

Kagehitokiri Jun 4, 2017 11:24 am

does it have to do with when they start taking reservations?

SkiAdcock Jun 6, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299 (Post 28337505)
I think it will participate - its just that they have not decided on the tier level yet.

same thing happened with haikou property - its listed as tier 1 now.

when the property does open we can confirm.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 28401307)
does it have to do with when they start taking reservations?

I think it will participate but the tier category hasn't been decided yet. When it gets closer to opening I think we'll see the tier.

Cheers.

SkiAdcock Jun 7, 2017 10:22 am

Well I might have spoken too soon. When doing a search for something else, a list of RCs worldwide came up and it was on the list that doesn't participate in RC program.

Cheers.

sammyindc Jun 9, 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28414589)
Well I might have spoken too soon. When doing a search for something else, a list of RCs worldwide came up and it was on the list that doesn't participate in RC program.

Cheers.

That's what I was referring to with my previous posts!

1611 Jun 9, 2017 9:06 am

^

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28195737)
Hotel website:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/koh-samui

Opening February 2018.

"The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui will be developed in the region of Plai Laem in the Northern tip of the island, well-known for its white sand beaches surrounded by the emerald waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The hotel will feature approximately 187 luxurious guest rooms and pool villas with a collection of dining, wellness and recreational experiences and facilities on the pristine sun-kissed beachfront. The Resort will be located at the north-east end of Koh Samui in the stunning Choeng Mon area."

MikeFromTokyo Jun 24, 2017 11:41 am

This property later looks very promising, another to look forward ro in addition to Rosewood Phuket.

I wonder why it's not branded as a Reserve, since Phulay Bay is such a wonderful resort in Krabi. Maybe room count in Koh Samui is a bit larger?

LifetimeUpgrade Jul 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Hotel website says now taking reservations starting October 1, but there doesn't seem to be any availability for any dates in late 2017 or 2018