Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:39 am

We just used my wife's 7 night travel package to book for a week next March. Our issue is that she's just a Silver and I'm a Gold. Is it possible to have them add my name to the reservation even though we booked using her cert, so that we can get the Gold benefits (breakfast, possible room upgrade, etc.). The phone agent I talked to said she couldn't do it, but I don't think she understood that I wasn't trying to get credit for the stay (no points anyway since it's a free cert), just that we wanted Gold benefits. Would emailing the hotel work? Does anyone have an email for the property? I couldn't find it online. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Marriott does not publish e-mail addresses on their website.

All you need do is show your G card at checkin to obtain G benefits, as applicable at each property.

Originally Posted by rbw5t
We just used my wife's 7 night travel package to book for a week next March. Our issue is that she's just a Silver and I'm a Gold. Is it possible to have them add my name to the reservation even though we booked using her cert, so that we can get the Gold benefits (breakfast, possible room upgrade, etc.). The phone agent I talked to said she couldn't do it, but I don't think she understood that I wasn't trying to get credit for the stay (no points anyway since it's a free cert), just that we wanted Gold benefits. Would emailing the hotel work? Does anyone have an email for the property? I couldn't find it online. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
So let me say... TimetoEarnMiles nailed it with his review. My experience was very similar, so I don't need to repeat all of the same things he did.

Here is the quick rundown. I just landed back in the states, so I may put more effort into this later...

I did contact the concierge ahead of time. Thomas arranged transportation from the airport, which I am thankful for. Our flight landed late, and most of the taxis were gone at 2030 at night, so I didn't feel stranded with the JW crew there to pick us up.

Checkin was a breeze, breakfast was included for me and MrsATXtraveler as platinum member.
20% off F&B, and Spa. Took advantage of this. They do make you sign for breakfast every morning, but it was not on the final bill.
Room Service was less expensive than Tempus Fugit for the same meals.
Pink Pearl is not open yet.
RedRum has a great evening view of the bay, and delicious prawns/seafood.
By day two, everyone at the facility will have your name memorized.
Jerry's Jungle Tours is the way to go if you want a fun day on the island with a New Zealander who speaks perfect Vietnamese and knows every inch of the island.
VIP cocktail hour is worth it. Great scene with comfortable "flop" couches to lounge and enjoy some nibbles. Get there at 4:45 if you want the comfortable couches.

As for the July report (monsoon season)... We had a great time, but we also enjoy rolling with the punches. Of the 5 days, 3 of them were absolutely perfect weather (less than 10 minutes of rain). 1 day was a complete deluge and we caught up on some sleep in the room, room service, and Netflix while watching the pouring rain. The 5th day was a mixture... we got several hours of good pool/beach time, but there was a good hour or 2 that we got soaked, including going to the night market and the second we got out of the shuttle, it drenched us.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TimeToEarnMiles
I didn't, but I heard the lantern making class is really worth it!
Does sound interesting. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:27 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Just used a TP to book here in March. Excited to stay here with all of the positive feedback. Has anyone actually participated in the activities that they encourage you to try at this property?
Mrs Soy done the pastry class and the Face Mask class. Both were about 30-45mins and she enjoyed them.

The big issue is availability. The calendar comes out at the start of each week (semester as they call it) and you must book in advance. There are only 8-10 places on many of the activities and they fill up early. Even though the resort was at 30-40% capacity when we were there, many of the activities were already booked out.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:35 am
soy

Originally Posted by italdesign
I may not have status when I come here (and thus no free meals). Is there ANY external restaurants within walking distance? From this thread IIRC, the answer is no (?), unless go to the market, which is a 30 minute drive. Does anyone know?
There is a beach shack at the end of the beach......but I think it is mainly geared at the locals. Lots of fishing boats pulled up down there. Lots of garbage and dirty water also, so not very pretty. I just viewed it from the water so not sure if just a bar or also food.
Outside the property there is a main road with a bunch of shops and food places, again all geared towards locals.

Best bet for food is head to town, but taxi costs negate the savings. You can get the shuttle also, but limited seats on shuttle so would not be fair to hog seats every night just to go to restaurant.
There are a couple of places before town that are also good, we ate at Nemo and CAMI (see tripadvisor) and both were very nice. Also went to Crab House in town and while expensive for Vietnam, would still consider it good value.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Good Evening Flyer Talk friends - we are Lifetime Platinums with SPG and will be visiting 9/17-9/20.

This is also our first time at a Marriot as SPG members and I like to find out regarding the likelihood of getting suite upgrades here (If any at all).

I'm having a celebration and we have four rooms booked during these dates.

.> would someone kindly share with me the email contact for Thomas at the Concierge as well please? I've scoured the hotel website and there was not one email contact anywhere..

Thanks for the wonderful reviews and any additional advice you might be able to offer...

Last edited by vg247; Aug 20, 2017 at 5:40 pm
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by soy
Mrs Soy done the pastry class and the Face Mask class. Both were about 30-45mins and she enjoyed them.

The big issue is availability. The calendar comes out at the start of each week (semester as they call it) and you must book in advance. There are only 8-10 places on many of the activities and they fill up early. Even though the resort was at 30-40% capacity when we were there, many of the activities were already booked out.
Wonder If you can reach out to property before hand? Or is it one of those things where you have to physically be on property to try to get a spot?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Wonder If you can reach out to property before hand? Or is it one of those things where you have to physically be on property to try to get a spot?
He's trying to reach out to the property beforehand; thus, asking for Thomas' contact info in advance of his stay.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vg247
Good Evening Flyer Talk friends - we are Lifetime Platinums with SPG and will be visiting 9/17-9/20.

This is also our first time at a Marriot as SPG members and I like to find out regarding the likelihood of getting suite upgrades here (If any at all).

Think you'll have a great time. Are the rooms revenue or award? The odds of you getting 4 rooms upgraded to suites is zero. But there could be a chance on your room.

Cheers.
vg247 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:17 pm
soy

No harm in trying, but I suspect you need to be present, as it would be unfair if all the spots were taken up by people who had not even checked in yet.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

I think if vg247 is hoping to get 4 suite upgrades he'll be out of luck at this property & others. Even w/ the SPG program it's not the norm to get 4 suite upgrades.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't have an e-mail for Thomas, but if you have a Facebook account send them a private message at their FB page and they'll get back to you with an e-mail address (I did this for the Spa before I went).

You're going to have an amazing time!

Originally Posted by vg247

.> would someone kindly share with me the email contact for Thomas at the Concierge as well please? I've scoured the hotel website and there was not one email contact anywhere..

Thanks for the wonderful reviews and any additional advice you might be able to offer...
vg247 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Think you'll have a great time. Are the rooms revenue or award? The odds of you getting 4 rooms upgraded to suites is zero. But there could be a chance on your room.

Cheers.
Thank you very much, all 4 rooms are booked revenue (paid). Hoping at least for one would be great :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.