Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Villas are definitely nice because you get a full kitchen, but most importantly it has a washer/dryer. This is great, especially when you go to the beach a lot and get sand/water on your clothes. It's also very nice to have separate sleeping quarters, especially with young kids, who might keep different sleeping hours.

As far as weather goes, I've had great experiences traveling in November, April, June and July. I will say that the hotter it gets, the fiercer the wind. We couldn't play tennis in Wailea, for instance, and their were whitecaps on the hotel pool.

I also stayed at the Renaissance Wailea and miss it. For an alternative in Wailea, I've always wanted to try out the Polo Beach Club. It's right next to the Fairmont Kea Lani, and just past the oceanfront walk, so you have the advantage of resort row without being in the middle of the action.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:13 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
upgraded to a very nice suite 2 rooms ocean view, 2 balconies as platinum (with points), as usual in marriott resorts, needed to ask and insist because they said they were not available. I showed them they where available with my computer.

parking is now 25$ a night, they did offer to pay resort fee @ same amount, not sure what is the catch.

the towels situation exchange with cards are annoying .. anyways first day here and happy with the upgrade.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:05 pm

Questions regarding Wailea Beach Marriott Resort

Taking the wife and kids 16, 14 & 12 to HI and using pts to stay at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in mid April. Has anyone vacationed here? and will my kids be bored or will there be ample activities? I plan on renting a convertible and explore the island. First time to HI, will my Plat status help me in anyway or will I be treated as a stowaway by using my pts. for stay.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
JerseyDad, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Since your question is about a specific Marriott property, I'm going to move your post from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...l#post15597404 to the Marriott forum.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawai`i forum
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I've been to Maui with kids three times. There is more than enough to keep you busy. Check the Hawaii forum for many "what to do in Maui" threads, including my own.

I stayed at this property last summer on a resort/island view/cheapo award and was put in an Ocean View room. This was from my balcony

Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Continental Plat/MM, Marriott Gold
Hi,
We really loved this property but did have problems with room location on a points stay. I was a silver at the time and got treated like garbage, literally since my first room overlooked the dumpster. I could only surmise the poor room location was due to a points stay as better rooms in the category were available after we checked. Just be careful as they told me the low category rooms are mostly in poor locations. We ultimitly got an ocean front room which was great. Just watch out as they try to upsell you on a lot of stuff at check in such as family and other packages.
The Luau at the hotel was great. There's also a water slide for the kids and we were there daily. Haleaokola (spelled this wrong) was a lot of fun. We did sunset instead of sunrise. Lahina and Kaanapali are about a 45 minute drive and have a lot to do. We had no problem filling a week on Maui.
Enjoy!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by JerseyDad
Taking the wife and kids 16, 14 & 12 to HI and using pts to stay at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in mid April. Has anyone vacationed here? and will my kids be bored or will there be ample activities? I plan on renting a convertible and explore the island. First time to HI, will my Plat status help me in anyway or will I be treated as a stowaway by using my pts. for stay.
Our children were similar ages, and not bored at all. Plenty to do in Maui - climb Haleakala to see the sunrise, drive the Road to Hana, lots of hikes. The sea by the Marriott is great - seem to remember there was a trampoline in the sea for the kids - though there is a little more going on in terms of beach activities in Ka'anapali. Decent pool at the Marriott, and a children's one with waterslide - though the children using it were probably a little younger than yours are whilst we were there.

My status was Gold when we stayed, and it was booked though Priceline. In spite of that we got upgraded to rooms with a stunning ocean view, offered a suite for $$ which we later regretted not taking. I would guess as a Plat you should do even better, as long as there isnt a conference there!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:05 am

Thanks CPRich, qlabdad & hh1 for your input. Airline tickets purchased and reservations confirmed. Now to research the itinerary for our 8 days. I will check with the front desk to see if any big bookings will hurt my chance of upgrade to a suite. It should be a gas trying to fit luggage and family into a mustang convertible. Aloha.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think our room over Thanksgiving was about 3 down form CPRich's, also booked on points for lowest category. No push to sell us anythign at check-in. Great experience.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:46 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
suite upgrade, oceanview.

using points, first week of Jan, upgraded to room 7336, a very nice suite ocean-view.

this was from last week, looking at the sunset from balcony, now buried in snow !!

Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Thanks wpg. I needed that.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:15 am

Wailea Marriott - Maui

My husband (Marriott Platinum) and I are going to Maui in March staying at the Wailea Marriott on points. Would love to hear any comments on the hotel from anyone that has stayed there.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
I haven't stayed at that particular property, but did stay in Wailea in 1991 (the year we moved to Oahu). After 2 stays in Kapalua the 2 years following it, I do think the weather is nicer in Wailea. Kapalua was very cool and windy the Thanksgiving we stayed there (we were also in Wailea over Thanksgiving), but coming from Oahu we enjoyed wearing our sweaters! So I think Wailea is nicer for looking for warm sunshine.

You are away from the hustle and bustle of Kaanapali and Lahaina, but close enough to drive up for an afternoon. It's not as windy and cool as Kapalua - we had nice quiet weather. So all I can offer is it's a nice area. Very high end resorts surrounding you - the Four Seasons (which seems smaller and quiet) and the Grand Wailea which is huge.

I'd check out tripadvisor also. You'll need a car for sure!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Maui is beautiful!

I haven't stayed at that Marriott (I have stayed at the Kannapali Marriott and the Weston). But I agree that Wailea is in a nice location secluded from the Kaanapali hustle and bustle.

It is in a nice leeward location from the trades and has a nice view of Molokini (been here, a nice snorkel and dive location). Also sunset views and views of Haleakala should abound.

BTW...I'm jealous, but enjoy!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-marriott.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.